Who /fatfamily/ here?

Who /fatfamily/ here?

>go to family gathering
>huge meat and cheese plate(s)
>bowls of chips everywhere
>ranch for dipping
>"pulled pork" is sliced tenderloin drowning in Manwich and BBQ sauce
>not a vegetable in sight
>only fruit is grapes, served with creamy pink goo because the grapes are presumably too healthy by themselves
>4 trays of "bars"
>6 canisters of cookies
>only 15 people there

My cousin and I are the only ones without diabetes

my family is so fat, you'd think eddie murphy was shooting flubber 2 in my house

Mine is similar, but only 6 people.

Glad I only see them on holidays.

How does it even occur to people to eat like this? When one is pouring cream onto grapes, what's going through their head?

Mine is, it's great.

I used to be a fat ass but started running. I run a 10k every week day generally and it keeps me relatively thing compared to the rest of them. I just keep eating when I visit my family. Thanksgiving is great.

fatfamily reporting.
The thing is, we do eat lots of vegetables and what just about everyone would consider healthy foods, we just like food too much.
>raised by adventurous eaters
>raised to eat and try anything and everything
>go out to new restaurants every week my entire childhood
>mom is trained chef and taught me how to cook at a very young age
>encouraged to order anything and try it, and to make anything and master it

We actually started out NOT fat, none of us were fat while I was growing up, but as we've become more sedentary and less active (not as much walking required anymore, etc) we've all gotten fat. It's a damn shame. What's even more damning is that I have a gym free to use, and it's a nice one, and I don't go. THAT is the real shame.

>currently on a cut going from 220 to 190ish
>family knows this
>visit with them every other week
>every fucking time, "come on user just live a little"
>"come on user you're looking too skinny"
>"come on user a little won't hurt"
"you look sick are you sure you're getting all of your vitamins"
>watch as they all gobble down buffalo chicken dip and fried potato skins with ranch covered all over everything

Never mind the fact that I get blood work done 4 times a year and I have two morbidly obese parents along with the rest of my fatfamily giving me "advice".

I am not sure what it was made of, it could have been bluberry yogurt or something but I didn't try it

My mom always says "its the holidays, I'm allowed to eat what I want" as if she eats healthy the rest of the year.

Then she sends me texts telling me how she put brown sugar on her brussel's sprouts and how good the KFC buffet is.

There is an exercise bike, that she just had to get, in their living room that has had a house plant sitting on the seat for 5 years now.
The first time I came home after she got it she made me try it out to show me how incredibly difficult it was (as an excuse for why she wasn't using it).. she seemed to get a little upset when I turned up the difficulty and actually enjoyed it.

I gave up trying to help them several years ago.

See also:

I was afraid that was going to be that woman who started retching over the brussels sprout. I just want to slap that stupid cow.

I'm convinced being fat makes you legitimately mentally retarded.
It's the only explanation.

you are killing your mother with inaction

how big is the inheritance?

Some people have a genetic disposition to get addicted to food or other things, it's just the way the brain works. I don't think anybody's metabolism is different like some claim but if you slowly get to the point of that guy you eventually have to start doing some mental gymnastics. A lot of fatties are, when it comes down to it, psychologically addicted to high calorie foods.

I'm actually pretty sympathetic since I work with drug addicts. At least he is trying to get better. You don't go on a show about your weight unless you know there is a problem

What action do you suggest I take?

Decent, but since she is the linchpin of the whole family, I'd prefer she didn't go first.

i wish i was fat

i have a weird fetish of wanting to sit down on a couch with pepperoni pizzas and ranch dressing with like 400 lbs of my own fat dripping off the edge of the sofa

Yeah, I feel you on this. Mom who has problems with her health, doesn't work, does literally next to nothing to fix that shit, and is sad because she's in pain and fat, but is fat because she's in pain and sad. Eats stupid shit, doesn't exercise, in chronic pain and depressed, repeat ad nauseum.

.Get the fuck outta here with that gainer shit. Jesus Christ!

>order chinese food with family
>every single fucking dish is some variation of sweet deep fried wonton rice meat except for the curry vegetable that I had to personally pay for to get

Intervention m8. She should know how important she is to everyone and how they are concerned

Unless your whole senpai is fat then talk to her even if she cries. Maybe you cry

Offer to pay for a dietician

theres something so comforting about the idea of my own fat providing me with cushion and accommodation for my absurd food intake

i feel like if i was fat it would allow me to eat more and be comfy

>go to chinese restaurant with cousin and aunt
>both order sweet and sour pork without any vegetables pls

at least my cousin is thin but he is a landscaper. still gonna get colon cancer unles he eats more fiber

metabolism is different for each person but not different enough that 1 person eating something stays lean while another eats the same and gets fat. its the diet

My dad's side is fat, as in everyone is about 300 at some point and some of them are like 500+

> tfw I'm the only one not a landwhale

> tfw I'm an average size (BMI 22) vegan and I get looked at like some kind of freak for not eating two dozen deep-fried chicken livers or lasagna that is essentially a block of congealed fat with a tiny amount of noodles

>See this thread
>Feel bad
>Comfort eat

no metabolism is very real and extreme beyond belief

one person eat 5000 calorie and be a skinny person who sits around all day and skinny as balls

another fatty who eats 1k calorie and is fucking huge

(makes no sense)

i dont believe in calories in calories out despite the laws of physics because i think theres something more going on

Fuck, I hate this.
I'm also the one who has to order vegetables for there to actually be any when we order Chinese. Everyone else wants ribs or some deep fried shit, or noodles. I always have to order mu shu vegetables and like, wok cooked bok choy or something like that so I can eat some damn vegetables with all that other stuff.

lol, no. That is not how my family works, and that's not how my mom works. She's stubborn as hell and with some kind of personality disorder.. possibly borderline.. plus I think she has aspbergers or something.
She's a nice lady overall, but you're never going to convince her to do anything fucking ever that she doesn't want to do.

Besides, my grandma, her mother, already does that shit constantly. She even tries to get her to exercise with her, just walking down the road and back a few times.

She'll do it for a while, and do meme-diet shit like slim fast or those diet microwave meals.. but then she'll sit around and eat chips or something and eventually she'll just stop giving a shit and eat a bunch of pizza or ice cream or fucking KFC buffet.

She's been doing that shit her whole life, but she used to have a more active job that kept the weight off... plus that was pre-corn-syrup in everyfuckingthing days.

She's in her 60s now. She's probably not going to change and that's sad. But I can't do shit about it besides keeping myself healthy and telling her about my healthy meals and easy exercises so maybe she will get inspired or something.

She recently got a new job that she really seems to be excited about, so maybe that will boost her esteem or something.

The person eating 5000 calories is probably doing intense excersize or has a very physically demanding job, the fatass is probably sitting on their ass all day watching tv and literally not moving apart from a trip to the fridge or something.

Tell her she's a fat bitch or something until she realizes she's a fat bitch and stops being a disgusting lardass, either that or drug her and get her liposuction and a gastric band while she's out cold.

thats what you would think but thats not the case

a lot of these NEETs who dont move around a lot are actually very skinny despite popular belief

exercise has little to do with how fat you are

fat people exercise their head off and skinny people eat all they want and never gain

i think theres something more to this
that nobody really understands

>medication can make you gain weight
>failing thyroid makes you gain weight
>even just being stressed makes you gain weight
>gaining muscle makes you lose weight even if you stop excersizing bc it costs energy to maintain muscles
>wow its almost like metabolism exists

you're retarded if you feel for the calories-in-calories-out myth. of fucking course bodies are more complicated than that, they're immensely complicated. only skinny people believe that bs because they think, 'durr, i sit at home, i eat like crap, so those fat people, they must be eating EVEN WORSE!'

people understand
its called 'medical professionals'

ie not 4chans

>refuting thermodynamics
Calories in means the actual amount of calories that you absorb from the food, friend
There are plenty of conditions that might cause someone to put on more fat than others when eating at surplus, but precisely zero that would prevent fat loss at a deficit

that would be starvation mode though which will obviously cause weight loss

were not talking about that

were saying fat people could eat less than a skinny person and still be fatter

i believe this

My dad is a disgusting fat ass that has terrible eating habits and drinks soda almost exclusively. I hate him.

>doesn't understand hormones can catalyze or buffer a chemical reaction.
Get the fuck outta here.

Being fat is for gay people

You're a fucking idiot if this is what you actually believe.

It sounds like trying to justify not exercising or something to yourself for some reason or another.

People that are fat are typically very very lazy in a physical sense and seem to always have a reason to never do more physical activity than whatever the base minimum is for them. Combine that mentality with a bad diet and of course a human body is going to explode. Sure this is anecdotal but it's something I've always encountered to be true. Obese people don't like moving and have every reason lined up on the tip of their tongues why they can't today/tomorrow/this week/month/year...

I'm not saying it's easy. And I'm not calling all of them bad people. I quite like a number of people I know struggle with their weight. I just know that inactivity is a huge part of what they need to change if they want to change.

You're a product of your habits. If you sit around all the time day in & day out that's what you're going to look like. Btw I know skinny people that sit around a lot too, but even if they're not fat they're not the pinnical of health either...

Let me add one factor here.

Were you ever to get fat, and even if you get skinny again, you are still going to carry all those additional fat cells in your body for the rest of your life, now feeling tragically empty and just yearning for more fat, storing everything at the first chance and never letting go. To aid this they will also secrete constantly raised amount of leptin into your blood stream, which weakens satiety response, so a calorically balanced diet will make you be constantly hungry with occasional mad cravings.

This is no excuse of course.

Sure they might contribute but they don't make you a complete lardass blob and even then a good doctor would be setting guidelines for their diet if they have those conditions or have to take medication that is known to contribute to weight gain.

Gaining muscle mass would make you gain weight, muscle actually weighs more than fat and if you stopped maintaining your muscles they would wither away, they wouldn't just turn to fat.

Metabolism exists yes but in most cases it isn't so extreme that someone eating only a little bit of food would gain so much weight they become a blob.

Most fatasses end up fat because they can't moderate how much food they shovel in to their disgusting faces, most of the reasons they come up with as to why they're disgustingly fat are bullshit, fat people do a lot of mental gymnastics and convince themselves they are perfectly healthy and that their diet isn't unhealthy at all.

sorry theres no correlation between exercise and weight

only olympic athletes actually burn enough calories for it have a remote effect

avg person going to the gym? they arent doing fuck all in terms of weight loss

youre taking hours to burn off potato chips

its not realistic. its the wrong approach. sorry to tell you the truth.

if you ever actually did the math before?

ive never exercised in my life and i weight under 100 lbs sometimes

The effect of exercise is that in calorically balanced diet the calories the excercise burns will have to come from the fat, but only if you exercise sufficiently to run out of glucose and to start burning lactate.

You take hours to burn off potato chips because they have so many fucking calories.

There is a direct correlation to exercise and weight but you also have to factor in the diet, of course if you have a shitty diet you aren't going to lose weight but if you have a normal diet you'll lose weight.

Also holy fuck man, you're dangerously underweight if you're an adult and your weight goes anywhere near 100 lbs/45kg, what do you eat? Haitian mud cookies?

Also I don't think you realize this but fattasses rarely even get off their ass, the only times they get up is to go to the fridge or walmart or something

thats why they should just forget about the exercise and just change the food theyre eating and drinking!!

thats why i never EVER stress the exercise factor in weight loss , its a waste of time and confuses the fat person

fat people arent eating HURR PERFECTLY BALANCED CALORIE DIETS... they do eat fucking potato chips and then hit the gym and it doesnt do anything

>what do you eat?

i actually eat a fuck load
but cant gain weight

i eat more than fat people but i dont eat meat and i dont drink alcohol or beer or soda

so that might have something to do with losing weight

Both my parents are fat. My siblings and I are all megaskinny. Both my sisters have developed eating disorders and my brother is an obsessive vegetarian with a weirdo anti-vaxx wife because of it.

Now that we seem to have all the smug self-proclaimed dietary "experts" gathered, please give your best estimate what what would be the daily energy need of an average wizard chan user?

I dare to propose it's way less than 1800 calories.

I was the only grandkid who lived in the same town as my grandparents, enough said.

No shit, of course these people have to change their diet if they want to lose weight, exercise speeds up the process though.

And no shit eating potato chips and then going to the gym as if it's going to do anything is retarded, it's counterproductive to eat something high in calories and then go to the gym as if it's going to do shit

>I don't drink alchohol or beer or soda
Maybe you should start, if you're actually going under 100 lbs/45kg you are seriously underweight or you're a midget

100 calories

Every night I eat a huge meal (low-cal) and my dad tries to shove more food down my throat as if i didn't just eat an entire pie.

i caught him yesterday using a tablespoon to eat butter with leftover roast potatoes. literally half a roast potato and an entire tablespoon of butter per mouthful.

ok and thats why you shouldnt tell them HURR U GOTTA EXERCISE TO LOSE WEIGHT when its not even correlated

you could just not eat the potato chips and save yourself 1000 calories

or go hit the gym with hard work for 10 hours straight sprinting on the treadmill

PICK ONE.

I choose just changing my diet a little.

Personally.

I hate these exercise heads. they think exercise does something

you confuse the fatty and they think IM NOT EXERCISING ENOUGH when its not even the culprit

resistance exercise helps with fat loss contra muscle loss which is useful if you're not fat enough to ride in scooters

you can eat whatever you want, including potato chips, as long as you keep a calorie deficit

that blows dude

I am adding you to the wall of dumbass posters so I hope you are proud, it is an achievement

Fatties are going to be confused when you only tell them they have to exercise and they're going to be confused when you tell them to change their diet, they're just going to get diet soda rather than regular, you have to set them straight and give them strict guidelines and follow up and make sure they aren't straying from them, making them go to the gym speeds up the process.

I personally don't think much of exercise but I've found activities that are fun and active enough to keep me relatively normal, gymfags piss me off, that's why I don't go to the gym, exercise isn't just going to the gym, there's other ways to exercise.

You are beyond reasoning with. I feel bad for your coworkers and family if you act this stubborn and retarded in real life.

ok and how much is their calorie deficit?

WHAT YOURE REALLY SAYING IS TELLING THEM TO GO INTO STARVATION MODE . Which isnt legit.

Stop saying HURR CALORIE DEFICIT OK TELL ME WHAT IS MY CALORIE DEFICIT IF IM EATING 5000 CALORIES AND NOT GAINING ANY WEIGHT YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT

keep using your little calorie counting app and eating ur donuts

cuz i just gotta maintain a calorie deficit look at me

no going to the gym doesnt do shit and it makes the fatty feel like theyre allowed to cheat because they worked out this week hahahaha

nobody wants to exercise regularly, fatties and non fatties

stop being unrealistic

nobody likes doing that

Man you are really fucking retarded, I feel sorry for whoever lives with your stubborn autistic ass

Lemme guess, you think showers getting you clean is a myth too and that there's no correlation to showers and cleanliness

for most people taking showers multiple times per day its definitely a placebo effect and doesnt do anything correct

i usually go about 4 days

You are fucking disgusting, multiple showers is retarded but fuck, at least shower once per day

>WHAT YOURE REALLY SAYING IS TELLING THEM TO GO INTO STARVATION MODE . Which isnt legit.

That's totally legit, that's to only way to actually get the body to touch its precious fat cells besides excercising enough to go into lactates.

The crucial thing is to maintain the deficit day after day and never lapse, because when you lapse, you won't be burning any fat until your glucose reserved are depleted again.

Only thin person in my family. I'm also the only vegan. Dad isn't too bad besides looking 11 months pregnant. The diabetes rate at thanksgiving was 37.5%.

Nah, that's unnecessary. Shower as often as you change your briefs, which isn't necessary every day either given you don't sweat. Maybe every third or so, four starts to be a stretch.

>i starve i starve i starve
>oh look i lost some weight but this really sucks cuz im not eating till im satisfied
>oh look i gained all the weight back in 2 days

thats what happens
because you never got them dialed in with a real diet plan that they stick with for life

of healthy plant based food with no empty calorie drinks // alcohol

you have to have a way of eating where you say i ate enough food but i cant possibly gain weight because my food is a fruit or a vegetable which will never cause me to gain weight

retard

and avatarfagging hrm

Dude, what the fuck, man I just keep feeling worse and worse for your parents, they must be so ashamed to have a disgusting NEET for a child.

I only shower below the waist before I shave my ass 2-4 times a month. I haven't washed my hair since 2016. I just rub a towel on it. Skin chills out and stops overproducing sebum when it's not being constantly stripped, and the microbiome stays in a healthy equilibrium. squeamish bf says I smell fine.

>t. registered dietician and physiologist

But I do thoroughly clean my ass every time I poop. That's not possible for those who choose to wear a bush there.

did you mean to fuck that up? i don't know what's a meme anymore

I never said it was easy, but either your burn the fat by caloric deficiency or excercise and both you have to do correctly or there are no results even if the numbers claim there should be.

Now, cutting alcohol and soda coupled with dietary change are indeed good way for achieving caloric deficiency, aspecially as were the fattie actually to stick to his diet new diet, he would be monitoring his food intake more carefully while also reducing the caloric content to volume ratio in their food achieving satiety with less calories.

I can personally confirm that fruits are very good, surprisingly good at keeping hunger at bay. I subsided some time with 6-8 oranges a day and nothing more and didn't feel terribly hungry and a single orange took it away for hours.

Also, please spare your shitty attitude to other boards where it is more appreciated.

>most of my family is vegetarian or vegan
>only my parents, brother, and uncle eat meat on a more regular basis aside from me
>we're all beginning to become more vegetarian
>we all eat shit loads of fresh veggies every day
>not one person is obese

I laughed, and I laughed hard, but you're thinking Nutty Professor, not Flubber

>I never said it was easy, but either your burn the fat by caloric deficiency or excercise and both you have to do correctly or there are no results even if the numbers claim there should be.

nah its a shitty strategy i say you just eat and drink wisely

its not about calorie deficits ok. thats called starvation for the fatty and i told you what will happen.

you have to change the diet you cant just eat half a hamburger your whole life

yes fruits are good i agree on that

its your methodology which just sucks. youre living in the dark ages.

calorie counting and exercise HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Good on you user, don't let the negativity get to you. You got this

>be thin
>bake a batch of cookies
>don't eat them because lettuce tastes better

So I think your message could be summed up: add more protein and fiber in your diet?

Indeed, the thing with junk food is that not only it is packed with calries (trans fats and sugars are irrelevant here), but it also digest so damn fast that your stomach is empty again after an hour.

(and I'm surprised no-one has picked on my horrible English yet - usually its better but I'm really tired now)

not really no
people get too much protein foods , thatll make you fat too

fiber is good though

vegetables are so light theyre like you can eat so much of it to the point where you dont want any more and then you will have lost weight eating it

;p

>junk food

more so than junk FOOD, is the drinks....... the alcohol or soda

mostly fat fucks ive seen always had this problem. they drink alot

...I was about to say you were completely trolling but this is genuinely true. Most people do eat way too much protein and the sugar is a huge problem for a multitude of reasons. That said, too much starch and fat is bad shit too.

Please genuinely educate my why protein is bad, the last info I had was that it's the hardest and last thing the body will metabolize after sugars and fats and also will give the greatest satiety response of the three.

We could really do without this weeb shit you clearly are retarded enough

I bet you don't even own a kitchen

some fucking next lvl trolling occurring right here in this thread...

>doesn't understand hormones can catalyze or buffer a chemical reaction

If you're going to try and undermine someone at least use the correct terminology. Your usage of the terms buffer and catalyze don't fit here at all.

Dad is on a diet past year hasn't lost weight.
Go over his food log.
WTH only eats like 1k kcal a day?

Watch him a while / read his log.

>Doesn't count alcohol.
>Doesn't count coffee with tons of cream.
>Doesn't count butter or oil he cooks with.
>Doesn't count sauces / condiments.
>Doesn't weigh out his food so counts 3 servings as 1 etc.

I try to talk to him say I'll help him go over his log. He just gets pissy "I lost 3 pounds according to the doctor".
I tell him it's water weight you haven't changed your diet in a year. He just gets more pissed, doesn't know why he's not losing weight.

Same time it's
>user you look so gaunt.
>Come out to eat with us user it's some relatives birthday.
>You should stop losing weight now user you don't want to be anorexic.

I'm fucking tired of this shit. I don't hate fat people or anything I myself was one.
But don't sit there and pretend you're trying when you aren't.

Move out and don't be underage. Things will start to make sense then (maybe).

One time I met Robin Williams irl and called him Flubber, he actually got MAD

>not always being in a constant bulking stage

>forgetting the 13 bowls of m&m's and Planters nuts
>not having french onion dip alongside one of the sour cream containers full of mix-in ranch
>5 coolers full of store-bought ice, beer, coke, and 3 bottles of Franzia White Zin
>spinach dip in a sourdough bread bowl
>a billion ritz boxes by the salami and cheddar cheese plate
>veggie tray with 3 bowls of ranch so anyone can eat something green for once
>everything hostess as "desert for the appetizer"
Add everything from your list and that's every family gathering

The thing that always makes me mad is all anyone ever wants to do when the family gets together is eat and drink.
Nobody ever wants to go see a movie go to a concert or an amusement park or something. They just want an excuse to go shovel more food down their throat.

Makes it hard for a former fatty to spend time with the family.

That's called flyover food, enjoy that trailer park family dinner.

They're American flyovers, so basically, something along the lines of "Muh tax dollarz! Libruls! Faggots! Chochulizm! BUILD THUH WALLLLL!!!!!!!"

Cringe. Kill yourself you cretin.

As a chemist, this made me exhale audibly. You are wrong and do not understand the role of hormones or the process of metabolism. I could explain in detail, but will refrain from doing so unless someone asks. Too much writing to do for no reason.

I'm fat and I eat about two meals a day. Usually scrambled eggs or hot cereal in the morning and Ramen or Mac&cheese at night. I'm guessing that I'm fat from a lack of exercise.

You do not need exercise to be skinny.

Triggered, flyoverboy?

Well I don't see why else I would be fat. I don't eat too much and I don't know of any medical disorders. I feel pretty healthy other than being a fatass.

It's because you are lying to yourself.

don't lie to us like you lie to yourself, you eat more than that

unless you are 3 foot 5

I'm actually not lying. I'm genuinely puzzled as to why I'm a fatty when I don't stuff my face. I blame it on my lack of exercise