Is McDonald's especially popular in Japan or something? It's always featured heavily in a lot of manga and anime

Is McDonald's especially popular in Japan or something? It's always featured heavily in a lot of manga and anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTrC86mmPaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, because a good portion of Japanese people are total Westaboos.

Yes.
Is that what you wanted to hear?

I guess so. Is there a particular reason for it or is it just because ?

Japan doesn't have the strong class association with McDonalds that the US has.

Middle-class schoolgirls (i.e., the cast of any given anime) can eat at McDonalds without it impacting their social standing with peers, so you will see that happen more often in anime than you will in American TV shows.

In a lot of countries McDicks is almost fetishized as a symbol of wealth and success. It's fucking hilarious.

My younger nephews/nieces (rich in-laws who are Brazilian) think is so cool to go to McDo's for the "American experience". It's also stupidly overpriced everywhere besides the US itself. It's pretty pricey here in Canada too.

It is impressive how consistent the McDonald's flavor is. I went to McDonald's in Australia last year and it tasted the same as back in the US. Their Burger King (or Hungry Jack's as it's called in AUS) tasted much better than the shit in my hometown.

Megacorporations like McDonalds are super fussy about quality control and there aren't any franchised stores to my knowledge. The Burger King equivalent in Australia might have been free to use local products and not just obliged to use frozen mystery-meat pucks.

That consistency in their food is what made them so successful in the first place.

That and aggressively marketing and totally fucking over mom & pop restaurants by undercutting. That helped too.

Do you honestly think every McDonalds location is corporately owned and operated? They're one of the most franchised restaurants in the world. The consistency comes from all of the franchisees being contractually obligated to buy from McDonald's chosen supplies and use the exact same methods when making the food.

At least speaking from my experience in franchised grocery stores -- the franchise owner has a corporate entity to answer to, however much more freedom in choosing what to stock, how to operate their business and such. That said all while conforming to certain imposed corporate guidelines.

Corporate owned stores just have a rolling mill of managerial staff that herds the employees into some form of efficiency. There isn't an owner who actually gives a fuck about the longevity of the restaurant itself, they're just coasting.

>and the corporations sit there in their... in their corporation buildings, and... and, and see, they're all corporation-y... and they make money.

>The consistency comes from all of the franchisees being contractually obligated to buy from McDonald's chosen supplies and use the exact same methods when making the food.

This is the reason why there's no McDonald's in Iceland, but a shitton of Subway. Iceland refused to let McDonald's use their own shit, so they booted them.

Franchised grocery stores aren't McDonald's. Contractually obligating their franchisees to use their distribution chain and operating practices is literally the reason behind their consistency. Whether you believe it or not, that's the truth.

>manga and anime
you wouldn't know that unless you are a huge fucking weeb faggot

Reading manga and watching anime doesn't automatically make you a weeb. Just moeshit.

Yes, I'm agreeing with you on that part.

I'm elaborating my reply to another user about why his Burger King experience varied from US to AUS.

All you have to do is watch Devil is a Part-timer to enjoy all McDonald's anime has to offee.

But the point of your post is predicated on the notion that McDonald's is not franchised.

>there aren`t any franchised stores to my knowledge

Why bother commenting if you`re just a fucking retard who doesn`t know anything? Oh my why are you even here? I feel sorry for you, I truly do. Fucking idiot, what a stupid thing to say.

Forgot pic

I'm here because I actually cook, and this is a cooking board.

Knowing how to cook doesn't give you carte blanche to talk about a subject you have literally 0 knowledge of.

My apologies for not asking the knight of Veeky Forums for permission to address the other anons. I will remember to fax a copy of my CV and relevant references to you before partaking in any subject of discussion.

Exactly. It doesn't mean you know how a business is run or even WHY your food turns out the way it does when you cook it. Appreciate that you admit you don't know anything which is at least honest, but don't be a tool.

I'm a cooking hobbyist, you have that right. However, I have read a LOT on food science (all of Modernist Cuisine etc.,) -- so don't make assumptions on that front.

>Japan doesn't have the strong class association with McDonalds that the US has.
i think only the US has this, actually

here in europe, everyone eats there, regardless if poor or rich, its not something that "poor" people exclusive use it and there isnt such a "caste system" related to it

if anything, mcdonalds is relatively overpriced even, considering you can always buy some cheeky duner from some arab that would be twice the size and half the price of a mcdonalds meal

I wasn't assuming anything, I was stating that just because you know certain criteria in one area you don't necessarily know any for another.

Name five (5) anime that feature McDonald's

yeah,thats not true.
maybe for young people but definitely not for adults,unless its 6am and you are blackout drunk

No one cares you`re a cooking hobbyist. No one cares you`ve read about food science.
Back to Redit for your upvotes, you stink.

>forgetting that he's posting on a cooking board

well yeah, its not a prestigious restaurant, you wont see a familly dinner there, but even "rich sucessful" people eat their lunch there if its near their office for example.

my point is, there isnt this taboo of eating there like the americans apparently have

Saying "I am capable of contributing" and actually contributing are two different things.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTrC86mmPaw

McDonalds: The Anime.

Pretty sure Burger King is less strict about product control. Tried some on a whim while I was in Mexico for a college program, and you could get all the classic burgers with refried beans on the bun, and various kinds of roasted peppers. Doesn't sound great, but it definitely elevated the typical Burger King experience, definitely better than what I was used to at home.

EU fag here. Same in my country. Maybe because it isn't that cheap. I'd probably get more from an Italian chipper for the same procen

It was because their economy collapsed

Every time I eat McDonald's beef I feel ill afterwards and I have no idea why.

>Every time I eat McDonald's beef I feel ill afterwards and I have no idea why.
A ton of salt. It is too much sodium, that's why

You should visit it someday, their off menu is great

This.

man, visiting Europe on a cruise, I was consistently appalled at the prices of McDonalds over there
like, $5 USD gets you two McDoubles and a large drink here in the States

was in a McDonalds in France and then in England -- you couldn't get that much food with five euro in France, and you couldn't even get that much with five quid in England
why would anyone eat McDonalds there if it's not even cheap

not true, unless you're talking about kids who watch too much tv and use their parent's money to go there. McDonalds is by all means a bad deal, they are not conveniently located every km or so like it might be in the us. Going there is a meme, also places like kfc are borderline expensive not fast food as the trusty kebabs.

There's also a lot of Subways, it's kind of surreal.

It's popular with the fat otakus who make up the most enthusiastic fanbase for manga even in Japan.