Am I a degenerate to using this instead of boiling rice?

Am I a degenerate to using this instead of boiling rice?

It tastes 95% as good and is no muss no fuss

I mean whatever you put in your body is up to you, but there are many different kinds of rice in the world you cook for different reasons and dishes. I mean this is quick and dirty long grain, plain and simple.

yeah

I'm going to just be throwing a tiny bit of butter and fond left over from cooking steaks. I know it's not restaurant quality obviously, but shouldn't be too bad to serve to friends should it?

i have anti-microwave autism and refuse to use them, so i would be upset if you served that to me, but it's up to you

>tastes 95% as good

It's fucking terrible and you should feel bad about yourself for eating it, you little bitch.

I don't feel the quality is any worse but desu you're paying like 5x as much for the convenience.

I think it's fine if you're only making it for yourself, since when cooking for one, you don't need to make a huge batch of rice. However, if you're cooking for two or more, you should make better rice.

>I don't feel the quality is any worse but desu you're paying like 5x as much for the convenience.

OP here, normally I wouldn't do it, but I've had 2 of my 4 burners go out and won't be fixed for 2 weeks and can get by cooking with 2 burners easily if I can just make the rice okayish at best

>spending $1.50 for 20 cents worth of rice

>not that user but
in that case it's fine. we all have times when we gotta make the best of what we have.

Boiling rice is just about the easiest cooking related thing you can do and rice is cheap.

I'm not a poorfag or shitskin so that means I eat rice about once a month at home....so we are talking about 500 bucks worth of rice over my entire lifetime compared to 300 bucks....both of which are negligible

>gets defensive and racist when we apply economics
And yet you're thin skinned but asking for what we think about your eating habits.

why eat rice at all then

Why do you need anybody else's opinions if you already have it all figured out?...

I didn't even know this existed. You learn something new every day I guess

you can cook regular rice in the microwave

i eat a lot of pic related

i don't think i'd ever buy it though, it's expensive and not as good as normal rice and i generally don't eat corporate food but my uncle works at the factory and gives me cases for free

learn how to fucking use green text you shit

why dont you just use a rice cooker :^)

>no muss no fuss
>rice
This has to be a bait thread.
Then again, I used to think making rice was a pain in the ass but that's because I was doing it wrong. A handful of trial and errors and I'm a fucking master. I was dreaming of buying a rice cooker but now I don't fucking need it, the pot is my friend.

Two cups of water for every cup of rice (time is immensely shortened if the water is already piping hot). Bring to a violent boil on high, turn down to the lowest of low and cover.
Best way I can describe it's done is when it doesn't look watery anymore. No idea how much salt you should add, I eyeball it before adding the rice and water. Tablespoon of butter for each cup of rice if you're a fatty.