Avocado Oil

Worth it for cooking or just a health-nut meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LbtwwZP4Yfs
deniseminger.com/2011/09/22/forks-over-knives-is-the-science-legit-a-review-and-critique/
anthonycolpo.com/forks-over-knives-the-latest-vegan-nonsense-dissected-debunked-and-destroyed/
theskepticalcardiologist.com/2015/08/04/the-incredibly-bad-science-behind-dr-esselstyns-plant-based-diet/
centurylife.org/whats-the-healthiest-cooking-oil/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's too expensive for me to give a fuck...if it was three bucks for a bottle then fine, I'll mess with it. I'd rather catch a deal on actual avocados (five for five at my local grocery store) instead.

All extracted oils should be avoided. Some are less harmful than others, but you'd be better off with none. I've had avocado oil, and it doesn't taste like anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=LbtwwZP4Yfs

You know you don't need to buy five to get them at that price?

Avocado is my favourite oil for frying/pan roasting meats because of the high smoke point.

There is very little difference between different types of fat. Animal fats usually have higher cholesterol than plant fats, and plant based fats are usually mildly "better" for you based on some metrics. But it won't magically make you healthy. If you eat shit tons of fat your gonna make yourself sick, period. Rather than worrying about eating the "right" kinds of fat you're much better off just making sure you're not eat too much fat in general.

even olive oil?

is this a meme i don't know about

It's a meme used to sell people shit, don't fall for it

Why don't you research both sides of the argument for yourself instead of coming here and asking people to tell you how to feel about something faggot?

oh look another vegan faggot using references from Forks Over Knifes. Confirmation bias sure is fun ay?

deniseminger.com/2011/09/22/forks-over-knives-is-the-science-legit-a-review-and-critique/

anthonycolpo.com/forks-over-knives-the-latest-vegan-nonsense-dissected-debunked-and-destroyed/

theskepticalcardiologist.com/2015/08/04/the-incredibly-bad-science-behind-dr-esselstyns-plant-based-diet/

Even if extracted oil is completely benign, it's nutrient-free calories, which isn't a good thing when the average american has seven deficiencies.

Fuck the average. Be above average. Oil = flavor

I really like it but it is too expensive to justify regular use for cooking IMO.
Try it for a special occasion or for something like a salad dressing and see if you like it, it's not some huge investment to get just once.

because then this board and entire site would be purposeless, which would be nice because then maybe we could all finally kill ourselves

>I need Veeky Forums to help me figure out what I think about things

The only link here remotely relevant to the video is the third one, by bringing positive epidemiological results on unsaturated oils. That can be explained entirely by a substitution effect with worse foods like refined carbohydrates and in no way vindicates them as healthy per se.

It's a necessity for decent cooking in more ways than flavor alone.
Different oils have different lipid content which matters nutritionally. Anyone painting oil as empty calories is ignoring a key part of macro nutrition. Especially if it is a vegan talking about nutrient deficiencies, they most likely know this and are being disingenuous.
People do eat way too much added oil on average, though. This is mostly from increased consumption of fast food and packaged food products, not home-cooking.

That guy looks malnourished and sickly.

No oil is good for you, however avocado is the least bad if you must use some in your cooking on account of it's neutral flavor, absurdly high smoke point, and high monounsaturated to polyunsaturated/saturated fat ratio.
centurylife.org/whats-the-healthiest-cooking-oil/

God, people are so stupid. Fat's bad, ok? Just eat more carbs, dummies.

Avo and olive oils have completely opposite uses.

Homie I eat TWO A DAY, erryday

I use plain vegetable oil for cooking 99% of the time. For cooking steak i use lard, finished with butter.

Olive oil is for salad dressing

>plain vegetable oil
That's usually soybean oil. Extracted with hexane and high in omega-6.

Avocado is a meme

It's good because you can crank it up to high temperature. Expensive if you're cooking for family, but if it's just yourself, not too high a cost.

>I use plain vegetable oil

yeah don't do that