Dodo bird

Moose heart

>Dodo bird
they tasted like pigeons

sailors will eat fucking anything if it isn't more biscuits and salt pork tho

pork. or duck.

Not meat. Technically offal.

Lamb

Easy really high thier Wagyu beef. No comparison.

I heard that human meat is exquisite in taste. Especially young ones.

Really, I heard the upper arm of toddlers are especially tender.

My vote goes to squab though.

Am I the only one that thinks op is pork not Tuna?

>tastiest red meat
Elk
>tastiest white meat
Old breed pork, especially acorn-fed
>tastiest bird
Duck or squab, hard to pick
>tastiest fish
Fresh wild caught sockeye salmon
>tastiest crustacean
Spot prawn
>tastiest mollusc or miscellaneous aquatic creature
Octopus

These are 100% opinions, i don't believe this question has an objective answer.

My dick

>i don't believe this question has an objective answer.
what the FUCK are you doing on this board you level headed shite farmer

agreed, I don't know why so many people hate lamb

Capibara is delicious.
t. South American

When it comes to meat, any Korean or Japanese BBQ will always top anything else in my book.

kids if get them before two incisor wear like lamb
goat is GOAT

What's it taste like? Is it comparable to anything else, or really different?

>pork
>white meat
Pick one and only one.

Cromer white crab meat, Norwegian lobster tail or live British oysters.
>has orgasm

Pork

>pork
>white meat

wat

Tasmanian tiger put that bird to shame.

offal is organ meat, get outta here with your alternative facts

Pork is red meat you cripple.

that almost looks like that red shit they give you with sushi

I love a good elk steak. I just started hunting a year ago though so I'm probably biased.

In some countries it is considered red meat, others it is white

In the UK we consider it white
Where I live in Finland it is red

uhhh nah m8 it's definitely red

venison cooked rare has been my personal favourite meat so far

I think it's the smell of it cooking that puts people off. My ex gf used to hate the smell of it cooking. It does have a strong flavour. I fucking love it though

To be fair, the pork industry has been ruining pig for decades, making leaner and leaner, and with people cooking it well-done, i.e. fucking it up, you're left with a bland, grayish slice of rubber. No wonder people think it's white meat, it's been advertised as such for years

everyone is biased you stupid cunt

where the fuck was your book printed

really guys for $1 this is best meat

Yeah if you cook it properly it does turn kinda white. Much like chicken.
I'd say pork is more white than red really.

i literally wish i had the pork i made last night so i could show you how it was red on the inside

goddamnit i just got baited

But cooked redmeat goes brown

>goddamnit i just got baited
know that feel, everyone gets scared when they see my char siu (non-dyed)
"a-a-user is that cooked? You know could get trichinosis"
It's moments like that really test my ability to conceal my power level.

See how cooked beef goes brown but pork and turkey go white? Pork is white meat.

tasted it, wasn't that special

It has nothing to do with the color of the meat. Pork is considered red meat because of the amount of myoglobin in the animals muscle.

today I learned something

so tuna is red meat too...

>Pork is considered red meat because of the amount of myoglobin in the animals muscle.
Tbh it's a kinda retarded naming convention because the USDA just considers all mammalian meat red
But it only matters if you listen to them instead of using common sense, which I tentatively posit dictates that if your meat is brown when cooked it is red meat and if it is white when cooked it is white meat.

my eggs and chicken turn brown after cooking...is it red meat?

>science doesn't agree with my feels
>fuck science
you're as bad as an sjw

>my eggs and chicken turn brown after cooking
Pretty sure that's just the maillard reaction; boiled beef turns brown etc.

>some government bureaucracy somewhere is "science"
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

>maillard reaction
Or is it caramelization? Idk anyway you're comparing apples to oranges.

>agree to disagree
right because we're both such fantastic scholars that we've arrived at a stalemate. No, you're wrong by every metric but your own.

>No, you're wrong by every metric but your own.
But that's not true:

>The culinary definition has many rules and exceptions. Generally meat from mammals (for example cattle, horse meat, bull meat) and meat from hunting (wild boars, deer, pigeons, partridges, quail and pheasant) excluding fish and insects are considered red meat. Although poultry is usually considered white, duck and goose are red. For some animals the culinary definition of red meat differs by cut, and sometimes by the age of the animal is when it was slaughtered. Pork is considered red if the animal is adult, but white if young (e.g. suckling pig). The same applies to young lamb and veal. Game is sometimes put in a separate category altogether. (French: viandes noires — "dark meats".)
>Pork is considered white under the culinary definition, but red in nutritional studies.

Broiled kakapo onna stick.

We don't live in an age where we replace knowledge with colloquialisms anymore. It's a red meat live with it.

>calling a meat which is clearly visually white "red" because some government official someone said all mammal meat is red
How many fingers am I holding up user?

>someone
somewhere*

government official does not equal a federally funded group of scientists who publish papers on the matter. Oh wait have you published anything on the matter?
Let's see here user's thesis on meat color and categorization well there's no fucking denying that . Lets make this man in charge of all taxonomy because he's so fucking qualified.

Webm related. Been there a couple times and it's amazing

>muh appeal to authority
Pls for the love of god kill yourself.

If you want to call it mammalian meat I'm fine with that, but naming a group of meat after a colour without regard for the fact that half the meat doesn't actually have the colour you've named it is just fucking retarded and no amount of "b-but this is how we deefine it waaaaaaaaaa" will change my mind.

it's an appeal to reason go extinct already you fucking dinosaur.

>appeal to reason
>because white = red can't you see shitlord?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

it's a system based on the quantifiable properties of a meat and not just ones that are readily perceptible.

>not just ones that are readily perceptible
Then why name the categories by a property which by definition is a perception, and a perception which doesn't actually correlate with the groups?

maybe it's just the frame rate but it reminds of that scene in City of Angels were Nick Cage is chopping something through his finger.

if you wanna get technical about it, actually it should be white meat and brown meat. or it should be pink meat and red meat. not white and red. comparing colours when one is raw and the other is cooked isn't a very scientific comparison.

if you want to have a semantic argument about the nature of naming things go take it up with Veeky Forums they love to blow smoke up each others asses about irrelevant shit.

>Pork is considered red meat because of the amount of myoglobin in the animals muscle.
But myoglobin marks meat go dark/brown when cooked, and you can see in pic related that the duck on the left clearly has more myoglobin than the pork on the right, yet we call the duck "white" and the pork "red"
This naming convention is retarded and should be corrected.

>marks
makes* sorry my typing ability goes way down when my autism is triggered like this.

the meats fattiness, transparency, the part of the animal it's from and the degree to which it's cooked all play a part in what color it ends up. Spamming the most burnt pork loin you can does not change that.

>pic
>Nitrites are the reason cured meat is pink or red
Posting treated meat doesn't count user :(

it's pork shoulder not treated or even brined

Mmhm.

Anyway clearly the myoglobin definition doesn't hold because it isn't even consistent throughout the animal and certain birds have more than (according to you some cuts of) pork.

The USDA should just cut the bullshit and stop calling them red/white and instead use the more accurate mammal/fish/poult.

Smoke too...

that's what the sub classification of light and dark meats is for.

Makes perfect sense :')

I like my earlier tentative definition better; meat that goes white on cooking is white meat, meat that goes brown on cooking is red meat.

take it up with someone who cares what you think.

>want to become vegetarian for moral reasons
>love the taste of meat too much

Anyone else know this feel?

Thanks for the LOLs anons, I've been lurking on this board for a while and this whole debate about what constitutes what is hilarious. Any food bros in here inhale?

>vegetarian moral reasons
That's called veganism and you should stay away from it at all costs.

Only eat meat that you personally process/kill. I only eat meat once or twice a week outside of hunting seasons.

Chickens are a great source as well. Every three months, I slaughter my meat chickens and freeze the meat. With four chickens, it stretches my supply of meat. Five and I can eat meat three times a week.

Spotted the norwest faggot
Best fish will always be redfish, or sheepshead or snapper

>being this stupid

Spotted the retard gulf faggot. You live there and didn't even list the one superior by far to the 3 you listed: speckled trout.

Why are you talking to yourself?

not him, but that post is practically one big bait meme replying to it all was a mistake.

Why are you talking to yourself?

>talking to yourself

>boiled beef turns brown etc.
Boiled beef turns gray. Maillard browning won't occur until ~300°F and such temperatures will not be attained by boiling in water.

>Or is it caramelization
Caramelization occurs specifically only in sugars while Maillard reactions are between sugars and proteins. For the most part, vegetables caramelize and meats brown.

Lox

Giant Tiger Shrimp, grilled.

Lobster is sweeter, but tiger shrimp is more strongly flavourful, it's the best meat I've ever tasted.

Chicken cooked rare for me.

I can't imagine why some people cook all the flavor out

Do they overcook the meat on purpose?