Trader Joe's thread?

Trader Joe's thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7eh0arOhHN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have you guys ever had those peanut butter and jelly candy bars? They're the best thing in the store hands down.

I like tjoes to stock the freezer for when I'm too lazy or busy to cook actual food. Their wine and cheese, bread, and salsa is also better than the normal grocery store. For general produce and ingredients though it's not much use.

Typing this up reminded me how frusturating it is to find good bread in Atlanta. The only places that have it are Whole Foods and Trader Joes which are both too far from my house to be really convenient. I'm sure some hipster bakery makes bread somewhere but if it exists I haven't found it yet.

no good corn bread in Atlanta?

They have a good beer section.

They had some Japanese fried rice that was fucking awesome.
I miss those butternut squash gyozas, too.
Plus super cheap bottles of actual legit olive oil.
And I always grabbed one of those huge bags of knock-off pirate booty.

I need to go back there.

I like Sprouts corn bread. I get it off of Roswell Rd. I live in N. Fulton

They got some dank Shu Mai
And 2 buck Chuck is pretty fucking decent

Canned dolmas.

Anyone else out there who loves them little shits?

I miss this place so bad. I need some Simpler Times in my life again.

Their frozen Japanese fried rice is GOAT, the one near my apartment usually has some good cuts of steak, so I usually go there for that and accouterments. Beer selection is usually whatever, since i have a specialty liquor store that supplies more of the same or lesser price, plus its chilled.

I've never been to trader joes but now i want to go just to get one of those.

Their cilantro yogurt dip is fucking amazing. I like to dip those twirly lentil chips that they have in it. Basically the store is junk food heaven, but their produce and meat departments are lacking. They do have some good staple goods though, which I appreciate. Always stop by before going to a movie to sneak shit in.

Those are great

That's a restaurant? I always thought it was a basket store.

>junk food that looks "healthy" because it has panda bears on it
>literally the same as aldi but with a bunch of garbage-tier USDA organic giving the illusion of superiority
>oh look now they sell bananas so it's a "real grocery store" even though we all know you're just going there to buy pirate booty and vegan mac & cheese

TJs is a godsend to kids who just moved out on their own for the first time and want to feel like they're living like adults even though they had to use youtube to figure out how the microwave works.

I just hope for your sake that you figure this out before you're the middle aged hamplanet griping about "genetics".

dam boi u salty af

are you the same guy from last time?
chill out dude.

Are trader Joe wraps to trader Joe's as Publix subs to Publix?

Pic related is a really solid habanero sauce. Lots of flavor and very spicy.

Corn bread?

I work for a cold storage company that ships a lot of their frozen goods, and we get take home from product that arrives damaged/gets damaged during picking. Their fried rice is pretty great and their beef bibimbap bowls are awesome. Sadly there isn't an actual store anywhere near me so I can't really judge them other than what I get piecemeal.

Bread made with corn meal, can be sweet or savory depending on your region

>I like tjoes to stock the freezer for when I'm too lazy or busy to cook actual food. >For general produce and ingredients though it's not much use.

When I happen to be there I'll get other food too, but I don't go very often - maybe a few times a year at most. I would never use it for my regular grocery shopping, but they have some stuff that requires no effort to "cook" that I like that you can't find other places.

>to find good bread in Atlanta
>bakery makes bread somewhere but
I know what corn bread is, I'm just not sure how two different people both thought that's what they were talking about in a post that never mentions it.

I go to Trader Joe's for peanut butter and jelly
Their stuff isn't full of sugar so eating a pb&j sandwich doesn't taste like eating candy

Overpriced bullshit

People that actually know how to shop go to Aldi.

>tfw there's a Trader Joe's like 7 miles from where I live
>never went
should probably go have a look at what the hubbub is all about

a family friend dragged me into Aldi once
it's actually a pretty neat place, everything is cheap as dirt

what an ugly ass building

way too much going on, not clean and sleek like this

I actually got these the last time because of a TJ thread here recommending them. They were great.

Love 'em or hate 'em you have to admit nicest supermarket facade isn't even a close competition. Everything else is far below Whole Foods.

they are out of stock more often than not at the shitty little TJs near me

Their sardines are aight

i wish i lived somewhere that wasn't fucking arizona

While there is no Aldi, Whole Foods and Trader Joes are here in Phoenix.

shit

bruh

Really? Because Aldi in Germany doesn't

No it is neither of those

Soo good

Plus they're probably a little less unhealthy than pop tarts

Also these are just 99 cents where I'm at and 800 filling calories, it's perfect poorfag food

This is the best value dark chocolate ever. I fucking love this stuff.

Mochi balls are rad

The thread made it this fucking far and these haven't been posted? Absolutely un-fucking forgivable.

Wait a minute could this be...

>tfw have a TJ's up the hill, a Whole Foods down the road, and a bougie supermarket by where I live

They're all like a 3-5 minute drive away.

>tfw I'm praying for the day they do their own hot cheetos

Do they not make these anymore?

We have TJ Whole Foods and one of these

youtube.com/watch?v=7eh0arOhHN0

I want the spinach and kale pie back

Please god

Back in 2005, I went to NYC for the first time, and a friend and I had breakfast at a place of which I remember nothing - except that the orange juice was fresh-squeezed and was better than any o.j. I'd ever had before.

Trader Joe's fresh-squeezed comes the closest to buying that o.j. in a store. It's awesome and worth every penny. Makes Tropicana seem like Tang.

I like the buttermilk biscuit tins from TJs. Beats out the regular supermarket and national brands imo. Only get those for special occasions though. I do specifically go to TJs to get mandarins. Fuck everyone else's mandarins (incl costco). Also their bananas are really cheap. when I had less time to cook I'd buy their frozen meals of indian food which were pretty good. Their frozen stuff is good in a pinch.

My local trader joe's has probably two dozen gigantic piles of these pb&j chocolate bars around the store and by the checkout counter. I assumed that they were trying to get rid of unsold stock since nobody was buying but maybe i'll give them a shot

i like their gyoza but the shuumai has too much ginger in it or something, tastes overly spiced. not spicy, but spiced. like there's nutmeg.

I love trader Joe's but for the love of God avoid the Reddiegg carton egg whites. Horrible.

They mix alright into protein pancake batter, but don't ever scramble them unless you want to kill yourself