Hey Veeky Forums, retard here

Hey Veeky Forums, retard here
how to hell do I cook bacon well? tips and personal methods would be great
pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2guC4Badq2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bake for 20 minutes at 400F

You put it in a pan and apply heat until you reach your desired level of cooked. Or on a baking sheet in the oven until the same. Or in the microwave for the same. As long as you don't boil it, you'll be doing okay. Honestly, you can even curl it up raw in a popcorn popper with hot air and it will cook it.

Wrap it in napkins and throw it in the 'owave for 6 minutes

Put the bacon in the pan when it's still cold and start heating them together.

Only pussies do it in the oven.

Lay out the strips in a pan, flip and rotate periodically. Or you can dump the whole pack in and just giv'r. This works but will kind of unevenly cook the strips which could be good or bad.

ok lets assume i have a frying pan and a countertop convection oven and my local store only sells cheap canadian bacon with a ton of fat on it, what do i do with all the grease when i'm cooking it? should i just be cutting the rind off?

Whole pack of bacon on the grill. Don't separate the slices, just open and throw it over coals/wood chips. Crispy outside, smoky, warm and baconfuckinggreasy inside. A few awesome crunchy end pieces for people who roll like that. God's bacon.

>what do i do with all the grease when i'm cooking it?

Pour off the excess if you can do it without burning down your house. Or just keep the grease in the pan and fry bits of tortilla in it. Potatoes in bacon grease are amazing too, especially with cast iron.

pour it off into what? the only info i have is that i shouldn't pour it into the sink because it'll clog it

A container: like an empty soup can, cover with foil, use bacon grease for cooking. You seriously cannot be this fucking stupid. FFS this board is/has been overwhelmed by /b/tier garbage.

Well excuse me for not knowing how to cook shit and deciding to learn, you fucking anus

Not OP, but I'm kinda curious to try this method now.

>do not preheat oven
>put bacon on tray
>400F for 20 min

I like to add alittle ginger to my beacon. Chewy > crunchy

>tfw too beyond basic shit like this to even know where to begin other than to stand over the retard's shoulder and tell him what he's doing wrong

I understand your pain, OP. I have always had trouble with bacon. Eventually I figured out that it helps to fry it in a cast iron pan on the lowest heat possible. Flip when it's close to done so the second side can also brown. This lets it cook completely without burning.

Nice quads

Pro cooking tip, lower the temp, 99.9% of what you are going to cook doesn't need high heat.

Baking is the pro method, mostly since they have to make a lot and it'll never burn.

Easiest way is to put it in a pan, cover it with a little water, and then boil off the water before frying it.

Modernist way is to sous vide it in the package at 150° for 12 hours, and then first fry it a minute a side.

The problem with bacon is that the meat begins to burn before the fat is rendered.
Watch this video and in 51 seconds you will learn to do it correctly. It works.
youtube.com/watch?v=2guC4Badq2s

I'm gonna be crucified for saying this but when I'm in a rush I layer kitchen roll/bacon and microwave it, always turns out super crispy

put pan
put bacon
put cold water just cover bacon
put stove: HOT
put water into atmosphere
cook bacon for a few minutes after all the water is gone, until desired crispness.
Bonus advantage to this method is that you can be literally completely hands-off until the water all boils off, so you can prep/cook other stuff for breakfast while it's going.

Trips don't lie, and you video seems to be the same thing I said. ()

By the transitive property I also got trips.
Check em.

Just don't cook bacon for other people like that without their consent.