/cbng/ - carbonara general

With cream or without cream?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

obviously without.
/thread because theres no discussion. if you add cream, it is, by definition, not carbonara.

That's like saying if you breathe on it, it is something else by definition. You may have made something inferior, but you haven't taken anything away that makes it the dish it is.

>muh tradition
Its objectively better with cream.

This is mandatory
youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

with garlic and coconut cream of course

Adding cream makes it not a carbonara. Fucking Americans.

That's like saying pouring cream onto a chocolate cake makes it not a chocolate cake.

Why add cream to a meal already heavy in calories? The sauce is supposed to be creamy anyway when done right.

Sure it tastes better with cream but it's still great without it.

>You have to try it without cream, user.
>It's soo much better and 'eggier', user.

No, it's not. Especially the egg yolk taste comes out much better with a dash of cream. If you want to come anywhere near of 2 eggs and a little cream you have to use something like 8 yolks without cream and it's still not as good.

with cum but of course

Having done it both with and without cream over the last few years, my tentative conclusion is that it's best with a very small amount of cream added. Not much at all, you don't want it to dominate the flavour or consistency at all, but having a little bit helps secure the right texture and thickness.

That said I usually don't bother with it because I'd never use the cream for anything else and it's not worth it.

what the unholy fuck

God I hope that the mexican dude is her husband and some sort of degenerate gangbanger, so he eventually will get fed up with the shit she serves him and just puts her out of her misery.

This is so depressing. What kind of world does she live in where she dumps plastic cheese hotdog sauce into a plastic tub of noodles to please her mildly annoyed husband.

Goddamn

Cream is unnecessary, even if you like your carbonara creamy. It is used in restaurant because it is faster. You can achieve the same effect by using very low heat, adding the egg/cheese and pasta water bit by bit, and constant stirring.

I thougt we've settled this back in 2015

It tastes better with a dash of cream though.

>Sure it tastes better with cream but it's still great without it.
literally answered your own question.
Also im not a twink, I have large enough metabolism to fit cream in my diet.

This authentic Italian restaurant had cream in their carbonara

Probably authentically Italian as in "great great grandfather's niece's dogwalker once watched The Godfather."