Nostalgic food

ITT: Food that takes you back

>be me, age 7, 20 years ago
>mom made me spingers and danger moss every saturday
>never learn the recipe
>try making some now
>it's never quite the same
Shame it's so rare now, I've gotta drive 50 minutes to get anything close to authentic

>move up north
>go to restaurant
>ask for some Texas Ted and Wild Nancy but only lightly speckled
>they don't know what I'm talking about

I miss the south

Someone forgot to take their autism blocker pills today. Bad boy now go to your room and finish your 4 cheese pizza pops. There's some stale root beer in the fridge for after your meat beating session.

>Being the Thing and posting on an underwater basket weaving forum

Don't you have living beings to inhabit and malform?

I remember when I took a trip to Africa when I was 7 and some place served a side of white rice. I asked for some soy sauce and they brought me a bowl of meat drippings and fat.

Being a retarded little kid is funny when you... oh wait, you're just a Southerner.

>used to eatch torchies all the time
>now only have it on my birthday
is this how it feels to age?

stop exploiting and raping africa you fucking chink

>spingers and danger moss
HOLY FUCK WHAT A NOSTALGIA TRIP

>come home from elementary school
>mom's making andouilette

>get home from school
>mom hands me a whole plate of bald headed yogurt slingers

Shut the fuck up, there's plenty of misinformation about the South already, we don't need you adding to it.

TT

Discarded Petri dishes?

What actually is that?

>playing video games with my friends
>uncle brings a platter of cherry and mugwort coated chicken feet
>we turn on Knee Deep in the Hoopla by Starship and have a party

I miss those days.

It's an octagon full of grits

PyttiPanna

>autism blocker

I know those are geoducks but god damn that made me kek.

hillbilly piece of shit detected

whatcha gonna do? lynch us?

>photo looks appealing
>look up andouillette
>page after page of people saying it literally smells and tastes like the inside of an unwashed asshole
Why do foods like this exist? Why do people eat them?

Subhuman coprophiliacs get hungry too user.

No, there is far too little information out about how bad the south really is.

t. Have lived in the shithole Mississippi for the last 10 years.

I escaped Oklahoma seven years ago and moved to England, even this immigrant-filled island prison is paradise compared to that barren cultural wasteland.

It's mouth droppingly bad. The ignorance is palpable. Why the south ranks on the lowest of every possible metric except for federal funds received per dollar contributed, yet still screams about cutting the federal budget, escapes me. MS's state budget is a full 50% federal money. Yet there are only a handful of people in this state that realize we would be worse than the poorest areas of Mexico without federal money from coastal states.

>Why dont the starving poor people just go to McDonalds?

They have this delusion that they're stronger on their own and would dig themselves out of poverty and become some great utopia if only THE MAN wasn't throwing money at them.

What could you possibly be implying with this? We're not talking about starving ethiopians, we're talking about the a fucking french "delicacy".

There is literally no reason for anybody to eat the most vile part of an animal with the most disgustingly minimal preparation in this day and age, especially if the end result is something that both smells and tastes like fecal matter.

Stuffed hissey with some marmite on it, all day every day.

kalakukko

>Worked in IT a lot
>Moved for an upper management job
>Still sneak some computer powder back to my place for seasoning.

Dude wtf

For some reason shit and food cross over in the culinary world.
Look at Skatole for example, it's a aromatic chemical purposely added to desserts despite it essentially being shit flavoured/scented.

>that beard

You know, when you think about it, food is really the middleman here. It starts out as an animal or a plant and it ends up as shit. By making shit into your food, you're really just skipping the hassle and jumping right to the end of the process.

Had it once in San Malo at a creperie, I asked the waitress what it was cause I saw that it was in one of the crepes and she brought me a small piece, it literally smelled like shit and tasted fucking vile, I almost threw up.

I dunno why the fuck it's considered a delicacy in France.

is that grits with hot sauce?
god tier

sup cletus.

This is why weapons were created.

>raping africa
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, AIDS.

Apparently getting a vasectomy only changes the baby's color.

It's funny how you get hungry enough, even horrible food starts looking good. Eat a big mac, ignore the onions.

True. That's how I ate banana peel for the first time.

I haven't had clams with bellies since I left New England. It's been almost a decade and I wonder if I'll even like it when/if I go back.