Hello...can you help my potatoes?

hello...can you help my potatoes?

long time lurker, trying to help my brothers charity with a chip contest...

dousaflavor.com/flavor-pantry/202527/403239

will answer any questions on what its like to work in michelins kitchens / bump with nice recipes

Other urls found in this thread:

eatingrules.com/farro-with-spinach-lemon-basil-pinenuts/
foodarts.com/recipes/recipes/1553/hokkaido-scallops-cured-with-lime-sugar-with-green-strawberries-coriander-wood-sorrel
ful-filled.com/2016/05/27/matcha-milk-bread-turtles/
ruchiskitchen.com/recipe/kaju-katli/
cookwithmanali.com/malai-kulfi/
chitrasfoodbook.com/2015/10/butter-badusha-recipe-balushahi-diwali.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this was my first Veeky Forums recipe and turned out like a dream ~
used left over batter for a blooming onion

Nice Vegetarian Dish
eatingrules.com/farro-with-spinach-lemon-basil-pinenuts/

now i will just bump with my favorite food art!

m.o.f. stephane leroux

he invented many techniques for chocolate

chef y.b.l.

most under rated chef in my opinion

beautiful apple dessert

cool radish ~

ultimate fruit salad

this would be the ultimate thing to give to gf!! ( i saw that thread the other day)

matcha milk bread turtles
( can post recipe)

This is wholesome.
Voted. Good luck OP.

thanks so much!

If you have any requests for food art or general culinary interests let me know!

potato ball in potato box

best use of tourne knife i have found yet

noma fish balls

Bampu

helping

oh thanks for the bump

more pretty plates!

i am at 72...the lead is at 220,000 with pad thai flavor agh

cool thing is semi finalist still make some money, so maybe it could help

pretty use of coconut...

I imagine cutting these perfectly for a service would be hard

>a tiny piece of breaded steak tartare on a sheet of ice with 40 peas and a coconut slice
>that will be $44 dollars sir
>plus tip

i think its tuna, with lime gel, and maybe wasabi cilantro mousse

i agree the price is very silly
( especially because i do fine dining and my brother works with starving children)

saison in SF is 500 dollars per one meal!

my goal one day is to be on that level and give the profits to my brothers kids because i find this absurd...

also that all these michelin restaurants can transport dead fish from halfway across the world but my brother has a hard time raising money to transport dying child to a hospital...this work is weird sometimes

>Your main course, sir

Also, fuck those starving kids. Their dumb shit useless breeder parents shouldn't have had fucking kids.

Your brother is a damn fool for wasting his time and talent saving them.

It's like alleycats desu. Say you have a tribe of alleycats outside your window howling for food every night. They keep having babies and you keep feeding them.

You're just gonna get more alleycats begging for food user.

Your brother should be sterilizing every child he feeds.

forgot pic, but one thing I am very weirded out about is michelin rated chefs importing fish from halfway across the world. SF is on the ocean...and the chefs here do that.

It makes me question the chefs "power" ( for lack of a better term) in ability to actually cook things around them and make them tasty.

if they do use things around them, they get celebrated as a god of sustainability. which too weirds me out...am i the only one that thinks this should be normal and the system is kind of twisted in a way

he is really focused on education and low cost health care

i think education makes a big difference in breaking the cycles of extreme poverty/abuse

People in poverty should be sterilized or otherwise prevented from having children.

If you have a child you can not support then you have created an additional burden on the tax payer.

Children should only receive tax subsidy when they have been orphaned. Otherwis the parent needs to be heavily punished and not encouraged through preferential treatment.

But the world always needs brick layers and waitresses too.

Trying to put poor children AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE is unfair to the children whose parents made good life choices.

It disuades achievement.

green tea latte

fish latte

i would be so happy if i got this latte, latte

kirby cakes

>blablabla I'm autistic spreading my extremist views
Get out of Veeky Forums faggot, do you even know what it stands for?

a pretty way to serve a cheese

>t. Trump voter

Tell me about it, living in Britain, the amount of brilliant seafood we have that gets exported overseas while the populace just eats cod is really annoying.

go back to facebook

Can you name any big chefs you've worked for and what were they like?

Go back to Stormfront

Yep, I see your turbot allllllll the time in 2 star kitchens here. It's nuts.

Also we have something similar, our roe gets taken to japan for michelins but no one here is using.
We buy kombu from japan, but its just floating in our ocean.
And chefs are buying sea lettuce ( seaweed) for $25 dollars a pound, when they could just get a fishing license and grab some on the drive into work.

go back to democraticunderground

ah i feel weird giving names
but I can say who I would love to work for ~
y.b.l. that man is an artist!

i painted a lot growing up, so it is so cool to see someone using the sauce as paint

Have you worked for anyone who's had an episode of Chefs Table about them?

Yes, and it's an interesting experience with the PR stuff that follows.
I kind of like BOH because I am quiet and like to just make my tasty snacks in peace. Then one day BAM cameras.I had the hardest time keeping a straight face doing normal prep tasks with cameras 1 inch away from my face. It just felt super silly.

When I was a kid we had a cousin Rodger who would play with his food and make all kinds of creative designs and weird combinations.

His parents called him autistic but maybe he was a world class chef instead desu.

It really makes you think

Maybe you could gift him a cooking class sometime and find out o:

Oh yeah

Well his parents took him out of real school and never socialized him so he doesn't really talk and can't read.

Last I heard he was in some autistic home because he got big and aggressive with his mom.

It wouldn't be as frustrating if it was just a certain percentage, but we're talking 80% plus. We're importing loads of our cod from Iceland and exporting nearly all of our hake, turbot, monkfish, brill and bream to France and Spain, even bloody Japan! Langouistines! Scottish langouistines are the best in world and we send most of them to the continent. Really annoys me.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that. It sounds like a complicated and sad situation to me. I hope the home is safe for him.

It really annoys me too.
I had no idea the percentage was that high. I've just seen the turbot in SF, bream/hake/monkfish in France and I am in awe. The amount of effort that goes into moving that fish...versus using what is there and getting creative with your craft. It's beyond me.

This pic is absolutely beautiful, is it fish?

Hokkaido Scallops Cured with Lime Sugar, with
Green Strawberries, Coriander & Wood Sorrel

Here is a recipe if you are curious:
foodarts.com/recipes/recipes/1553/hokkaido-scallops-cured-with-lime-sugar-with-green-strawberries-coriander-wood-sorrel

Bit too involved for a home cook like me hah, maybe if I need to impress a girl one day. Personally I like scallops raw, straight out of the shell on the boat someone just dived off to catch them. Can't be beaten.

It wasn't Alex Atala was it? I love that man, love his approach.

Oh, I love them raw too.

I made a dish where I cut verrrry thin slices of raw scallop. Place them ontop of a very thin slice of mango ( both supper cold) and a bit of fleur de sel on top.

most perfect little bites ever.

ah why that guess?
what is his approach?
and no...i still need to finish his episode x.x

What do you want us to do? Click "I'd eat that"?

With you mentioning the whole sustainability thing and using what's around you, that's his approach exactly, that Brazil has a cuisine, even if most Brazillian people don't know it exists.

He said a French chef once said to him "no matter how well you cook French, or Italian or Spanish food, it'll never be yours, there will always be a Frenchman, Italian or Spaniard who can do it better" and that's what made him think about Brazil and what Brazillian food really is, it's the rainforest, the river, the unique fruits, vegetables and fish found there, the ants that taste like lemongrass and ginger. He said he left Brazil ashamed to be Brazillian and came back more Brazilian than he ever imagined he could be.

And he just comes across as a really cool, nice guy.

Yes please!

Thanks for the support -
I really hope he gets something. Even the semifinalists get 10k which would go far.

The small things I take for granted here, kids can die from there. They need to wash their veggies, the water isn't clean ( no proper sewage) , they get dysentery ontop of being malnourished, don't have access/can't afford a 5 cent antibiotic to heal and potentially die.

My brother saw that 5 cent change in saving a kids life and wanted to help.

I hope his chip gets in!

He does sounds really cool and really nice.

Also very well written response. Thanks for taking the time to share that.

Me too man. Make sure you share this about on Facebook and Twitter to get as many people as possible. Hell even Reddit would probably be good

I don't tweet, and I've never had a reddit account...always have been here o:

I'll try it though!

Thanks for the advice/support

( in pic a carbonated mojito sphere with suspended herb salad)

What are the sauces here?

very nice thread OP, hope your chips make it

Added a vote. Good luck fella.

Bookmarked this site for future reference. One day hope Ill have a go at some of the simpler ones. Cheers man.

Please post recipe!

I have a feeling that if so made those it would turn out like pic related

God i bet that sucks so bad to plate. Looks really nice though.

If you FB ( Y.B.L. inc. ) you can see some bios on the dishes...i wish i knew what was in this mans sauce!

Also I hope he gets a chefs table episode one day - I see his work so often copied and hope he gets more recognition.

ful-filled.com/2016/05/27/matcha-milk-bread-turtles/

enjoy!

Yeah I thought so too...I imagine it would not be a restaurant dessert. it is to hard to keep the slices from oxidizing and it would take to long to mandolin/place to order for 10+ persons

i love it though, so much that i would probably attempt something like it :3

voted. got any lamb recipes different from the standard rosemary garlic salt and pepper?

oooo
I had a really good lamb tagine one that you serve with apricot mint couscous...
I will look -
but apricot tagine ( you can just cook it in a closed casserole) or any lamb tagine...is so nice

this way of cutting zukes/cukes is very popular in michelin rests

you sousvide/cook in bath after and they become clearish

Can second this. A lamb meatball tomato stew, flavoured with cumin, tumeric etc, with chickpeas and apricots (even dried) is one of my default recipes.

salmon

thanks guys

have a bump op

thanks
here is another chocolate showpiece

bumping with entrements

edible arttt

mushrooms that look like macaroons( or mini hamburgers)

Its so shiny.....

thank you!

where do i see how it tastes like?

its why they call it mirror glaze!
it is supper easy as well

all you really need is the silicon mold to make these sweet cakes

pretty indian sweet ( can post recipe)

pls do :)

ruchiskitchen.com/recipe/kaju-katli/

i really think indian desserts are super underrated.
such healthy ingredients, low sugar, beautiful, and satisfying.

cookwithmanali.com/malai-kulfi/

I love the use of cardamom in Indian desserts, it's such a unique flavour, and very under used imo.

I mean, there's mirror glazes and then there's mirror glazes though right? That's probably the most perfect one I've ever seen.

chitrasfoodbook.com/2015/10/butter-badusha-recipe-balushahi-diwali.html

there is actually a whole trend to take a selfie in your mirror glaze o.o ( not me)

but agree...super perfect

This stirs up feelings in me that I wasn't aware existed.

wagashi for you. :D

It looks like a planet

kirby cupcake bump

oh for sure...

marble mirror glazes are amazing.

if had had infinite resources i would make an instagram and make a new cake every day. It seems so fun.

I take it the picture next to the chips was your brother and associated kids?

He's hot.

not to sound like a faggot, but do you have a food related instagram?

yep that is my bro...

this is his favorite wrap!
cranberry turkey ~