/SMG/ Stock market general

Based Ko edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous ???

Attached: c44b4cc6ca52b487d7b29075a37c6c4c.jpg (323x500, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5-xnJCFgzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here comes the afternoon flash crash!

Attached: 1521551503819.png (953x578, 27K)

All in on vodka

Makes me happy to see /smg/ be more lively lately

Attached: FB_IMG_1497874061162.jpg (448x480, 19K)

Only lively cause it's crashing.

I wonder how many loss bros are here with me, who are about to lose their life savings.

>FB
You're not welcome here.

yeah i just got a notification from my brokerage that theres no pre market or after hours tomorrow. that means anyone cashing out for the weekend has to do it during the regular day.

gotta HODL all my puts into tomorrow and pray for rain.

Im in the green

man fuck all these antiquated holidays just keep the damn markets open :/

This is it! The moment youve all been waiting for!

Attached: ko.png (600x600, 116K)

Still, however your green is becoming smaller.

I bought high right before the stock market has started to turn into a bear market.

losing more every minute that goes by. took all my crypto money now all my stock money is disappearing too. lifetime wagecuck now.

God I hope so

WARNING THE BOGS ARE ACTIVATED

I got some nice demographics from people visiting the site.
Some of you are up very late, you need to go to bed!!!

Attached: visits.png (425x601, 38K)

we just broke below a year+ long pitchfork bottom.....if we close under like 6465~ bear market here we go, short everything

you gotta hedge man. shits going crazy and aint gonna slow down. do covered calls and shit to free up some cash and hedge yourself. then you can bounce the "profits" off of the hedge when we get to the bottom, and avg down on all your positions. then we bounce back and youre fucking warren buffett

im glad the markets arent open for holidays and weekends. the way crypto does it is impossible to manage risk, and it provides excellent seasonal/weekly short opportunities. but having it run all the damn time? id never be able to hold longterm like that, its insanity

>bear market

Attached: HtBnAaKB7Q-8.png (300x250, 17K)

Attached: 1492179496107.jpg (960x729, 70K)

POWER HOUR IS RED

I REPEAT

RED

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

w-why didn't you link the previous thread

HELL IS HERE

Attached: muppet.gif (440x247, 767K)

OH FUCK tech gettin kekked this is it boys!!!! dotcom 2.0

Reminder to everybody. The market will be closed on Friday so we can celebrate Passover.

oh, sorry

I love hiding my passover eggs

At least we don't close for lunch hour like Japan.

I'm really happy with my penny stock FFT's performance under all this sell pressure. It refuses to break support and has been hovering right on it all day.

WHICH ONE OF YOU ACTUALLY SENT ME MONEY????

WTF WE'RE OFFICIAL NOW

I WILL MAKE YOU PROUD user

Attached: WTFWTF.png (399x587, 28K)

rly? u srs r/n?

WHAT THE FUCK EVERYTHING WENT RED BESIDES KO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*good friday

its crazy it took this long desu

WATCH OUT WARREN BUFFET

WE GOT A NEW FUND IN TOWN

Some valiant green candles approach, only to be bogged

B-but my Cannabis stocks aren't tech related stuff...and it's used more widely in medicine now.

God damn it Buffet, say you are going to pass on GE so I can scoop up some cheap shares.

Cannabis stocks down 10% is normal. I feel nothing.

Warned everyone everyday last week that a huge drop is coming in AMRS. this is the start of it. Ye be warned

OFFICIAL
put it all on South Africa puts

/Colaboys/
Pep, Ko, Dps, riding on buffets shoulders

Attached: 75hhhh.png (663x686, 870K)

Based on what?

life is easy buying whatever buffet buys
gonna be harder when he's ... no I cant say it

As long as they rise again.
But I literally bought them at their peak. Now I am already down 40% in total.

Buy the dip you said.

Whens the dip anons?

>tfw have been shorting the S&P for awhile now
>tfw this is another account with the first have a profit of $740, also from shorting

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5-xnJCFgzY

Attached: tech bubble is bursting, buy uvxy and tvix.png (176x56, 3K)

I sent that. I had it sitting around from a while ago so I figured better spent here than in ETH atm

Attached: eth.png (965x111, 8K)

he will transfer his being into a computer or some shit. Would it be wrong to say he would hibernate?

I'LL MAKE YOU PROUD user! i'LL SEND YOU YOUR 1488% GAINS IN SIX MONTHS, I PROMISE!

Thanks for all the answers anons!

KO? Did you miss the part about dividends or the part about growth?

Thanks broski haha. I work bullshit here and there in between. Been out of work about 6wks now.

Actually considering this

Already own NRZ, will check the other two. Thanks

Buffet in the shell, Hackin your boomer 401ks

meme it

Why isn't it going up :(

Attached: uwu.png (625x440, 53K)

comfy sip

Attached: 1508946845889.png (1200x919, 1.53M)

If US is going in to a true bear market it isn't exactly bad news for cannabis sector. The main problem is this volatility over the uncertainty of what's to come. I believe weed sector will perform as expected so long as US markets stabilize a bit. Vice in a recession is nearly as safe as gold.

Damn it, the sad thing is that I have no more money to buy in low now to balance my losses.

All I can do is sit and watch the numbers tumbling down.

Wow, I have considered buying that one.

But I decided for the worst ones instead, Aurora Cann. , Aphria, WeedMD and Cann. Wheaton

All down the shitters now

Patience. Also note that Canopy has been losing less than its competitors through all this dumping.

Google now red today. You can do it too FB: believe in your cold dead heart.

Attached: 1518192208545.jpg (604x516, 126K)

You can't outperform real inflation with current market conditions. Your money will devalue by anywhere between 5 to 10% per year. The global economy will crash because QE is no longer alleviating the problem. The western world is trying to put a band aid over a gash the size of the grand canyon. QE and current government finances are pissing into the wind. There will be no reserves for state funded pensions, healthcare, or even road maitinence when shit hits the fan. It will happen sooner than you think. Crypto will be adopted by those that survive the wars.

whast the rationale behind pop companies mooning during a crash? people are buying pop no matter what, same as big retail outlets/grocery stores/alcohol companies? makes sense to me just making sure my reads are correct

See the problem is that when you don't share any of your reasoning, it just sounds like you're shitposting out of your ass. Which it still does right now frankly.

KO is not based in speculation and is a worldwide brand. Safety in gold and sugar

Thanks to the user who suggested IEP in the previous thread when I asked about divs. This looks decently solid so far.

More more less. That and, while I don't know the others, KO is much more than just soda. They basically have control over significant amounts of the world's water and drinking water market. Not much safer of a bet than water.

Attached: 1521455367048.jpg (616x522, 70K)

theyre gonna be running hit pieces on em on the news pretty soon. talking about it on CNBC. details on how exactly they stole privacy, who they sold it to, what they stole. hopefully an eye opener for normies, but honestly i still dont expect it to sink in for a while

dank man

i want off Mr. Trump's wild ride

Explain the following:
If a stock is trading @30$ and I sell a put with a strike @35$ for a total premium of 475$
What happens if the guy that bought the put decides to exercise it right away and I have only the 475$ from the premium in my account?(was expecting the contract to expire worthless)

25$ is nothing, I know, just imagine bigger numbers

Attached: IMG_2263.jpg (657x527, 52K)

How comes this stock is rated so high and hasn't been losing so much?

What is this company doing better than all the other companies, other than having the highest market capitalisation?

It's not like they are technologically ahead of its competitors.

pep has like 20 billion dollar products like cheetoes, sunchips, lays, fritos ect

Attached: 2f308a03ac7f55ea137d167c0f1854c9e43662494b6ab23d5c685605102ae13e.jpg (1000x1879, 455K)

Has GE bottomed out yet

Just buy back your contract before it expires. People will not exercise options out of the money, its pretty rare to exercise them at all.

u buy 100 of the stock at 35 each

refund plz mr tromp

Attached: Capture.jpg (879x300, 39K)

They bought the pump, dummp eeet

first off, why the fuck would they exercise the option if they could just buy the underling security for cheaper? Secondly you can only sell a put if you have the margin to cover it.

are we going below 2600 again

why would you sell a put above market price?

sell a call instead

Bought 8 $4 puts on BKS for 4/20. Got 3 $3 puts for BKS for the same date, how fucked am I?

Fugg someone beat me to it
I’m waiting for the transaction to clear

man my memelines have been killing it lately. calling all the bounces

Attached: qqq memes dead on.png (1357x551, 68K)

SPY up .20% then down right away over and over

Attached: 1519262488911.jpg (197x256, 5K)

we're due for another wreck soon then it just hit your top

>Celgene up nearly 4%

You better fucking be after this cataclysmic failure of a 1st quarter.

Attached: 1236533974634.jpg (800x667, 53K)

All praise the CAR-T meme

Fair enough. I did notice that. And the other pumps in the past seemed to take weeks to ramp up as well.

I dunno man, I just did a tiny bit of research a couple weeks ago and the consensus I came across was that Canopy was the biggest because they were the best- better managed and whatnot. I honestly think there is a little bit of meme magic at play as well with their stock name.

yeah and now its stuck on the 23.6% memeline and my top trendline. fucking crazy

Wait, me selling a put means that the buyer has the right to SELL me 100 of that stock right?

That means that his position is already ITM since he payed 475$ for the option and can buy @30 and sell @35 for a profit of 25$

I HAVE AWAKENED

Attached: bog matrix.jpg (644x632, 136K)

So do I long or short TQQQ.

fuck it, 4/20 $5 BKS put in effect, you were right about big 5, i'll take the chance you are right about this as well.

kek
thanks user you made my day

Yes. The buyer of the put has the right to sell at the strike price. The seller of the put (writer) has the obligation to buy at the strike price, if the buyer decides to exercise the contract.

Attached: 23423.jpg (1400x1400, 160K)

Alright nigger I just sent you some dosh make me proud

there might be a small run up to ex divi date on BKS, im looking a little further than 4/20 but a $5 might be alright at right price

It was $40 for the contract so even if its a dud, it's not that big of a deal.

so will 9:20am be the last high for the SPY for the next 3 years? STAY TUNED ADVENTURERS

i cant find shit.
its just flapping around

Then, why are these niggers
saying that the buyer's option is OTM?

I was thinking about a bull put spread