My mom is an amazing person and it's her 50th birthday next month...

My mom is an amazing person and it's her 50th birthday next month. She loves my and my sister's cooking and I know she loves pasta, BUT, she's allergic to dairy and nightshades and is usually forced to eat it plain with some herbs or cold as a salad. How can I make her a fantastic pasta sauce with no dairy, peppers, or tomatoes?

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016264-spaghetti-with-garlicky-bread-crumbs-and-anchovies
youtube.com/watch?v=lcNvl0zuHaI
youtube.com/watch?v=WxysE5M2GOw
youtube.com/watch?v=2TJMqmscRS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

use your personal nut sauce

>How can I make her a fantastic pasta sauce with no dairy, peppers, or tomatoes?
My semen, again. Autboy

Olive oil, garlic and some fresh veggies. Maybe some anchovy paste in the mix.

Spinach pasta.

pics of mom?

Pesto dawg

This, take the cooked pasta and saute it gently in some olive oil, garlic, rosemary and some thyme. Saute some onions, roasted red peppers and zucchini thinly sliced and mix all together. You basically get the nice caramlized notes from the peppers and the zucchini and the fresh flavors of the herbs. You might want to experiment with the herb mix though, depending on if she likes more rosemary or basil in her pasta dishes.

this. Or make a nice pesto and dilute it with almond milk or some thick and rich liquid. Also add some seafood

How about something other than pasta

I want to dip my cock in Creme Fraiche and gag-choke your mom with it while she reads this thread and weeps at the effort her faggot of a son puts in to make her a dairy-free delight, knowing it's wasted because no matter what it is it'll never measure up to something as rich and creamy as what she's slurping on right that very moment. I might even rub her down with a nice Alfredo sauce while we wait for the after effects of her disability.

I just had pasta with a cashew alfredo sauce that was pretty good so maybe that's an idea?

Doesn't alfredo have dairy products in it though? Or are there recipes without dairy?

Seconding pesto, with toasted pine nuts.

Spaghetti aglio e olio

Thirding. Pine nuts are expensive as fuck but go all out

That user said "cashew alfredo" so I'm guessing that is probably a dairy free recipe.

Pesto is besto, go with that OP

Pesto is doable, I've never made it before but I guess I'll give it a test run.

This sounds pretty good but peppers are nightshades my guy. Maybe I can throw in some shrooms or something.

>yawn

Pesto is where you want to be bro.

I would also try for a tomato free puttanesca. I mean, everyone here will get all butthurt about this, but shit man, its olives, capers, garlic, maybe lemon and shrimp? You have a month to fuck with recipes so get started. Remember homemade pasta is worth the effort and will make even noodles and butter fantastic.

>Pesto is where you want to be bro.
This.

Pureed pumpkin as a sauce, or a pureed roasted cauliflower sauce with mushrooms.

Eat soumen or soba
Fry up some salmon or tempura and call it Japanese pasta

Woops my bad, I mixed up nightshades with mushrooms. But yeah mushrooms are a great option! Get some nice portabellos or the standard whites, slice them thin in strips or slices with the olive oil and onions and they offer a nice meaty texture without actually using meat. it's a shame you can't use butter because they really shine with that, but a good olive oil will be good enough. Maybe drizzle a little balsamic in the sauteed shrooms for extra flavor.

Zucchini ain't bad brother

>all these responses suggesting pesto
>not realizing pesto has parmesan in it
You can skip it but it won't really be the same. Unless your mum's allergy doesn't respond some way to hard, aged cheeses- some don't. In that case, pesto would be great, as would a proper carbonara.

If parm is out, you could always try a nontraditional take on pesto- the flavor change might make the absence of cheese less noticeable. I've done a nasturtium pecan pesto in the past that turned out really well.

You could also make a mushroom pasta by sauteing down some thin sliced onions and mushrooms until they're really caramelized, adding some stock, and reducing until it it's nice and thickened. Strain the solids out and mount it with some cold bone marrow (or foie gras if money is no object- you can get lower grade stuff for this since it doesn't have to be big or a nice shape or anything), then add some roasted wild mushrooms to the sauce and toss the pasta in it. Some peas or some kind of greens would probably be a nice finishing touch.

Are there a lot of women on this board or something? Why is everything a blog?

It's almost like people on a cooking board want to talk about recipes and food allergies or something.

that's a lie

>admitting to caring about others on Veeky Forums
>not expecting trolls

lmao

All people want to do on a cooking board is shitpost, make other people upset, and to argue to no end. Get with the program.

If I cared about trolls I wouldn't be posting here lmao. But the advice was worth it. I especially like the squash puree sauce idea.

Shut the fuck up

you first nigger

So how about them pasta recipes boys?

my favorite way to make pesto is with the leaves from a celery stalk - it has a cleaner taste.

egg yolks and breadcrumbs are a very traditional pasta preparation
cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016264-spaghetti-with-garlicky-bread-crumbs-and-anchovies

cured egg yolks are really good witht pasta. if you start curing them now, they will be done in time. just shave them over the pasta.

Make a sauce with walnuts and almond milk

Stop posting.

what is pasta bolognese
why are you such a faggot

This, faggot - youtube.com/watch?v=lcNvl0zuHaI

>mfw user makes this and his mom ends up comatose in the hospital from tomatoes
>tomatose

there is no tomato in ragu bolognese you fucking pleb cunt

OP wants to fuck his mum!

fuck off

There are no tomatoes in Pellegrino Artusi's recipe for ragu bolognese (which was written back in 1891).
Contrastingly, according to the Accademia's recipe for ragù alla bolognese, the amount of tomato purée used should be equal to the amount of meat used.
So, yeah, it kinda does have tomatoes, although if I wanted to exclude them, I probably would, and I'd replace them with shiitake mushrooms or some other glutamic acid-filled ingredient, or just simmer the sauce with beef stock.

>butter
OP, can your mom do butter? Or browned butter? My old roommate had a dairy allergy, but brown butter didn't affect her. Sage and brown butter sauce goes really well with... just about any kind of pasta. You could also try a clarified butter without the milk solids, like a ghee. It won't brown as well, but'll still add flavor.

You could also try a riff on youtube.com/watch?v=WxysE5M2GOw (obviously omitting the cheese) but I can't see why really browning some mushrooms wouldn't add a nice hit of glutemates to the dish. Maybe even some soy sauce or a dash of fish sauce.

Basically, I'd fuck around with umami bombs to try and replicate the glutemates you get in Parmesan/Romano cheeses, and then use egg yolks and pasta water to get the creamy texture.

Pesto has Parmesan cheese in it so it does have dairy.

I'd almost suggest going to a vegan website or something for a sauce.

Make one of their recipes but sneak in some meat

I like to make a mustard/onion base, chicken or mushrooms should work well. It should get thick enough to serve on top but should be cool to blend in with pasta. Then some herbs and soy sauce to make it more flavorful and aromatic for momma, fresh parsley should work well.

Her allergies are pretty painful btw im sorry

Brown butter and sage is nice if she can handle the brown butter. Vongole, aglio e olio, zucchini-glazed spaghetti, white bolognese(you can replace the milk by almond or something), crab parpadelle are good too. Pasta e ceci is great but I don't know if it's decent if you skip the parmesan.

make er gnocchi instead, which is fun and easy to cook.
If you want to do something special for her birthday buy a small truffle (30-40$), shave some on the finished dish and dice the rest and let it infuse some butter, fried sage leaves on top, wala.
If truffle is out of reach, brownbutter+sage sauce with fried sage on top.
if she can have cheese: parm on the finished dish or something more special like an aged pecorino, whatever you like or you can get.
if she cant have it, make a simple replacement from minced olives,miso and breadcrumbs

hand made white sauce

uff sorry forget that butter is prolly impossible, maybe go for a an animalfat instead, bacon/goose/duck would prolly also do well, maybe with an according rillettes or confit in place of truffles/sage.
one user suggested clarified butter which would be a very reasonable replacement,since it doesnt contain any milksolids, thus shouldnt be allergenic

youtube.com/watch?v=2TJMqmscRS8

pasta genovese, but omit chef john's retarded tomato paste gaff

>allergic
Server her arsenic, since she's a genetic failure who will never pass on her shit genes.

its his mother you dense fuck,how retarded can one pollack be? not gonna elaborate on the irony of someone with the reading comprehension of a 6yo talks about shit genes, you failure, your family is ashamed of you

sub out the tommatoes for pureed red peppers, then make sauce as usual

What is carbonara. Normies think it's impressive but it's easy and cheap. Just use bacon unless you're OK with wasting money. and no fucking cream.

>pancetta
>waste of money

God damn, man, what is going on in your life?

>never pass on her shit genes
>at least two confirmed offspring
Is arsenic a time machine nigga.

chicken pesto

boil spaghetti

cook chicken breast pieces in macadamia oil, add black garlic, add butter towards the end.

pesto out of basil, black garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and whatever else.

add pesto to chicken. add pasta to pan, serve. best way imo. serve with no topping.