Al/ck/ General

Go big or go home edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K46P7loICXY
gfycat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Day 11 faggots. Yesterday was a tough, had a really long exhausting day and the urge to drink was stronger than usual. I just ignored it and it went away

Celebrating the 99th birthday

Well I guess that's just an excuse since I've been drinking daily

>The daily dose no longer works and you have to dose higher
Fucking tolerance go kill yourself

>Need to take more amphetamines so I could enjoy the tunes and rock to the tunes and solve sudokus and feel happy

By happy I mean mean neutral because I never feel happy, but then again I don't feel sad either, but since it pumps my state up, I guess that would be considered happy? Or am I still in the neutral state and it just makes me ecstatic, in some way?

Got a DWI.

With no college degree how fucked am i in getting a job?

Girlfriend telling me to quit drinking. I'm thinking of leaving her and moving to London.

Why does every alchy and addict who posts here act like a huge faggot?

see and

Explain your position in more detail

It doesn't harm your prospects as much as you would think. Virtually no first time offender is ever convicted of a DUI/DWI. You settle in court for something called a Continuance Without Finding (your state may have a different name for it) which is a low-key agreement to complete some alcohol education course, complete a year of probation, and stay out of trouble. After the probationary period, the charge is essentially dismissed. There will be no conviction on your criminal record. Really the only thing you need to worry about is if you have a local paper that reports on arrests as they'll publish your name and shit online which will show up on search results.

Also, the arrest will show up on your driving record which is completely separate from a criminal record. You can't do anything about the driving record. It will be there and your insurance rates will go up and any employer that pulls your driving record will be able to see it. Obviously this only happens for driving related jobs (delivery, Uber/Lyft, etc...)

You're looking at $6k~ out the pocket for a lawyer, court fees, probation costs, license costs, etc...

How do I stay skinny as an alcohol? I was a chubby, ugly teen and am currently decently attractive and too vain to let that slide too. The calories are just fucking insane, which is why I rarely drink beer, but pounding one to two bottles of wine a day isn't doing wonders either.

Problem is I still function and want to keep on doing that, yet I love food and don't intent to reach the "I feed solely on ethanol" final stage. How do you do it, fellas?

As someone who has been on (prescribed) amphetamines for over a decade now, it's more like a slightly manic "focus". Wouldn't call it ecstatic, it doesn't really influence my moods at least.

If you were needing a drink and some girl gave you a bottle of wine, telling you that the two of you would drink it together in 20 years, but had recently told you that you were no longer welcome in her life, would you just drink the wine?

Should I feel guilty? I've held this thing for 12 years and it feels bad to drink it 8 years early but she's kicked me out of her life. It seems unlikely she even remembers she gave it to me, let alone made a promise we would drink it together when we were 40.

Keep your opinions to yourself.

I cracked the bottle.

How does it taste?

Leave to Las Vegas

It's actually pretty goddamn damn nice. Ironically the website for the vineyard specifies 12 years which would make it now for the peak. If my life weren't tumbling down a hole I guess it'd be true.

But it really is tasty. I just feel depressed for opening it.

Doesn't help I'm listening to sad songs while I drink it.

I had three(3) glasses of wine last night.

If you're that much of a normie fucking faggot just stop drinking holy shit.
Yeah I mean I lost some of my looks but I fucking expected to after a while.

This.

What is this, /r9k/? I expect to lose mine too, eventually, I just want to delay my aesthetic demise. Is that such a weird notion to grasp?

Wow. How wild.

You'll be able to work in call centers for the rest of your life.

I'm an extreme lightweight. I don't mind, it's cheap for me to get drunk.

Day 6.

Once I got through the withdrawals after Day 3, I felt better. Still had dry skin, smelled bad, trash all over but I opened the windows, changed the sheets, did laundry and actually was productive at work. I've spent the last few days cleaning the place and cooking real meals.

I'm doing well now. Got up early for work, worked out and played some video games. Girlfriend is coming by after work and we're making Chicken Cacciatore. That should be fun.

Godspeed user. What kind of work do you do? How bad were your withdrawals?

Keep it up mang. Drunk af here and feel like shit.

Just got my second DUI. Narrowly avoided prison, but 3yr ban and a big fine.
Determined to never get arrested for it again. Soooo I bought a CBR900RR and took the number plate off.
>chug, vroom

Real estate management.

Not the worst. Last time I was trying to pull through I had a seizure in public and it dismayed me so much I kept drinking to stave it off.

This time it was just dry-heaving, really itchy dry skin and mouth from dehydration. I didn't sleep for 48 hours after I stopped and when I did I had nightmares and woke up covered in sweat and shaking. Some moderate tremors as well as not being able to even take a drink without my stomach trying to burp every single second.

Now it's good though, I'm eating normally. The best thing that helped was simply forcing myself to consume as much water as possible, to force myself to eat food, and do little things to make me happy. I kept a 48oz Nalgene next to me while I used one of my girlfriend's bathbombs and just chilled with Netflix for over an hour. Even that dumb chick shit made me feel better.

Man people said alcohol and xanax withdrawals were the worst and they were right.

Get a bicycle instead so when you crash you only kill yourself, fucking scum

Good to hear you are getting through this. How much were you drinking a night?

2-3 bottles of wine a night, give or take. Usually could finish 3.

almost got a DUI last night

scared as shit until he pulled me over because I had my high beams on by accident

really dodged a bullet there

Yeah DUIs are shit. Lifetime ban from entering some countries, like Canada for example, ridiculous insurance costs and the police will always be looking out for you. Especially after the second one. Get a third and you almost certainly going to prison. Feelsbadyo.

why the fuck would I? that's a shithole.

Dude means kys, but he meant it in the most affectionate way possible.

my brother actually has two duis and he's still driving. He's my mothers little perfect angel though, so she shelled out 20k each time to get the best lawyer and he essentially bought his way out of it. He's even failed probation drug tests and fucking nothing has come out of it. I hope he drives into a fucking ditch one of these days

I drank two beers last night.
Said to my wife, "You don't mind if I drink, right? I know you get annoyed when I'm drunk sometimes."

"Not at all," she said. So I drank two beers.
Then we went to bed and I got up and drank two more beers. My speech began to slur and become unfocused. I'm not a lightweight, just an alcoholic, so it doesn't take much for me to get drunk anymore.
My wife said "You really are drunk all the time."
And I went to bed feeling like an asshole. Woke up and she accused me of pissing the bed, but it was dry for once, so that's good.

Anyway, I want to drink again tonight and I don't think anyone will be able to convince me that's a bad idea :)

Watching this (again) r n.
I dated a 19yo former hooker in my younger years. She and I were the only people who had any love for either of us. We'd have kil for each other.
Naturally, being the alchie of the two, I fucked... uh, like 7 other grils and eventually even she gave up on me. Still, best days of my fkn life.

>posting the blu-ray cover rather than a movie poster
times have changed

Don't drive when you're fucking drunk then. I'm an alcoholic too but I have no right to make it anybody else's business, and neither do you.

Jesus... sober life is just so dull.
I wouldn't have started drinking in the first place, if I got any sort of pleasure or amusement out of everyday things like cooking chicken with my girlfriend or doing chores lol

I just watched this two weeks ago and holy shit do I relate. Very unsettling. Cage as an actor is like playing Russian Roulette, 5/6 you get a shit deal but once in every sixth you get the sweet release of magnificence.

I'm more of a bookfag than a kinoguy but if anyone here wants to relate to some literature I highly suggest "The Lost Weekend", "Under the Volcano" and Venedikt Yerofeyev's book which has many different translations as title. In mine it was translated to "Moscow on Formaldehyde". All great reads. Stay literate until you perish, anons, and keep the romanticized view of alcoholism alive.

Gave me the real feels.
Chin chin, user.
>chug

Cheers to you too, mate. Anything particular that's bringing you down?

Ah the normal stuff. Court soon, again, might be going to prison for six months (just stupid drunken shit, I've never hurt anybody and never want to) miss 'her' a LOT, in debt, allllways drunk, blah etc. Just the norm i spose. Sure you could tell a similarly tearful tale so I won't bleat on.

What did you do mate? I've done some stupid shit myself too, never with the intention (and luckily never the effect) to hurt anyone else, but I had my (juvy) jail too. You American? They don't throw incarceration around as much in here so it made me wonder - or did you really do some off the fucking rails dumb shit? Feel safe to bleat, please.

Got involved with crack and smack some time ago, got involved with criminal gangs in London not long thereafter. Been jailed thrice in 15 months.
All I did was drive, and I've now just got a 3yr ban so my car is gone, won't be fucking up again.
Sorry to be so ambiguous, I don't really like to think about this shit. I'm basically fine, just gotta distance myself from insane people. I once had to beat the crap out of a person then jump out of a first-storey window to avoid being stabbed again (would have been the fourth knife wound in 30 seconds)
Brb huge amounts of vodka. Eurgh, hate thinking about this stuff.
>chug af

Well that's a different ballpark then. I'm a literal 1% child so my experiences are way less intense and/or grave. I mean I've been stabbed once but it was a pencil in a schoolfight, and it sure as shit didn't occur four times within the span of a minute so I should call myself lucky here.
Do you have any prospects at all? I thrive on misdirected nepotism, for which I am grateful as fuck, but even without that there might be an out for you. If you have skills and good working ethics moving to Dublin is an option, for example.

I love Dublin.
I'll be alright here in England though. I'm almost 40, never worked for an employer in my life, but own my home, only drink premium booze and just bought a superbike. Could be worse. Besides, even if I end up homeless, at 6ft3 people tend to be nice to me and as long as I'm drunk, I could sleep on a bed of razors and queefs in an Antarctic blizzard. S'all good

Day 12, had a fight with gf, drove to Lidl and got 0.7L of Smirnoff for 9 euroshekels. Had to go to 3 different stores to get some tonic water though. Cheers.

I've tried drinking four times now and I still don't feel like I've been properly drunk. The first and last times I was dizzy, and those same times things seemed slightly funnier (more so the first time), and the last time the dizziness would come back every time I tried to walk; also I didn't have a hangover at any point. I'm not sure where to go from here; I was thinking either it's not for me or increase it a bit more and then see. The first time I had a bunch of mixed drinks, the second time I had a little 50 ml bottle, the third time I had two 50 ml bottles, and the fourth time I had three little bottles. I was thinking maybe bump it up to a fifth and if that doesn't do then that's it. At least I've discovered to some degree what's more palatable to me and what's less palatable. (Do wine and beer always smell some other drink that's spoiled?)

Throw everything its not too late, plus just an argument is not enough to justify relapsing

yes it is

Really don't know if I should see my friend at his bar later tonight, buy a bottle on my way home from work and drink while I cook dinner and play vidya, or remain sober for the day and take it easy with a walk. Feeling physically and mentally tired today, but I don't know if it's better to be alone or try socializing.

Yeah it's too late. Would've drunk on sunday anyway. Thanks for your concern, though.

I raise my glass to Smirnoff Dude

>3 glasses of wine
>drunk
Yeah, I think you got the wrong place buddy

Not the dude to whom you're responding, but I've been called "Smirnoff dude" here.
Enjoy your nectar, dude. Smirnoff really is the only way imo. If we're gonna drink ourselves to death, may as well do it in style. Chin chin, user.
>falls over

Yeah I meant you. I'm a vodka man myself but only pick up smirnoff when it's on offer. Pic related is one of my favs and a bit cheaper then smirnoff. The glass is also my favorite drinking glass.

ive been doing pretty good keeping drinking under control. i only binge once a week on average these days. a year and a half ago or so i was pretty bad and ended up in the hospital a few times before i decided to seriously cut back. more out of fear than anything else

for the last 5 days ive been off work to work on my bands album and every day ive had multiple drinks. never to the point that i actually got drunk or had a hangover but still enough that i feel guilty about it

kinda scares me because i thought i was doing alot better but without work to keep me honest and in check i could easily just say fuck it and go back to the way it was before, which was really miserable

end blogpost

I tried crystal skull vodka recently, that was surprisingly nice. I thought it'd be generic crap wrapped up in a nice packaging, but nope, really quite impressed. Bit pricey but… Fuck it.
Hope things work out with your girl, user. Enjoy your red label.

>reddit spacing

I remember those crystal skulls from airport shops... can't imagine a bottle of vodka being worth that much.
And thanks... it always works out and if it doesn't, so be it...

Work is hell, how do I put up with it over the long term without sweet scotchy scotch to come home to

My coworkers and clients were all full on faggots

you don't. pound it back

If it wasn't for alcohol I would likely kill myself, is alcohol really bad?

yes

How can something make you feel so good and then be bad? I drink a lot and I have never hurt anyone. Alcohol is not an excuse.

apologize to your pancreas and liver

They took one for the team. We are gonna die together.

Livers are gay

A thread for alchies should be more interesting. No one has anything to say? I just sneezed and nearly bit my tongue off. That was mildly interesting. How many drinkers DON'T smoke?

i don't. though i must admit having a smoke while you're smashed is an excellent experience

Did you mean weed? I'm talking 20 cigs and a bottle of rum.

youtube.com/watch?v=K46P7loICXY

Listen to this. It's funny and resonant and... I don't know, maybe helpful? But it involves a story of alcohol saving his (alcoholic) life. Some fifteen years sober by the time of the monologue, and that was 10 years ago.

Eh, your forcing a Scotsman to listen to a Scotsman polluted by yanks. No thanks. Thanks for the thought though.

i'm talking cigarettes. used to chain smoke while i drank but i havent had a smoke in a year or so now. i miss it a lot but meh

Forcing an alkie to listen to an alkie polluted by sobriety, more like. It's a good clip, though.

Saying it is an excellent experience seems odd, I would have wagered you ment weed. Seems I was wrong.

Nah man, it was a sad man trying to appeal to yanks, he claims it wasn't for money but I have never heard of him in Scotland.

what are >we drinking tonight

I'm not drunk enough. I need to reduce my consciousness to a pinprick.

Beer and whisky just like every night nigga
ah i don't know why I said nigga I'm not black

My bad guys!!

Fuck off, your shitty lump of coal island always sends your entertainment industry detritus over here to tell us what to think

A country so shit they send the worst to yank land and they are successful. Really makes you think.

Scotland used to seem cool. Why are you a bunch of commie hipsters now?

Honestly, it is 50% fucking with England and 50% fucking students thinking internet things.

I grew up with a couple kids who went to St. Andrews for college and they were yuppy jerks. I guess when we're sending our people we aren't sending our best.

>5 dollars in bank account
>dont get paid til next friday
>only enough alcohol for tomorrow mornings first sip of the day

im gonna die

gfycat
.com/shadyslushybluewhale

its me

I assume you mean uni, Madras college is the school in St A's (I went there but grew up in Dundee). The uni is absolutely filled with wankers. Fucking prince whatever went there. You can have a great night out though and shag some proper classy tarts.They love an accent.

Seen this a few times irl sadly

Oh shit, is that aikmans?

Hahah they're so mad.

Do you not have family you can sponge off?

I bet if you measured the amount of shitposts on saturday and friday nights it would be double the amount of shitposts on weekdays and nights

Neat observation

>wake
>withdrawal
>frantically feel around bed for any form of alcohol
>find bottle, isn't empty, body and mind relax, chug like fuck
>it's piss
>body less relaxed. Vomit ilazers approaching critical pressure levels, mind combination of sorrow and fear
>stand, throw on clothes, grab penny jar... TO THE SHOP.
>rumble from stomach. Oh fuck. Shitfactory critical, hazard warning
>run/stumble/fall back to house
>asshole pressure critical, physically hold asscheeks closed while waddling up stairs to turd receptacle
>fall backwards onto toilet, aim sphincter expertly on descent - the shitstorm has begun before cheeks hit the pan
>vomit defences weakening - both orifices want to unload
>empty asshole with such force I'm practically lifted off toilet seat
>use entire toilet roll to wipe... shit still EVERYWHERE
>NEED DRINK
>pull trousers back up, realise they're on backwards- don't care
>fall back outside,make clown-like journey to shop, have about 24 different hairstyles at once, covered in shit, about to throw up
>arrive at shop, mumblepuke incomprehensible babble
>shopkeep pulls out 2 bottles of Smirnoff - he already knew
>fall home
>fall on floor
>CHHHHUUUUIUIGGGGGGGAAARRRRGGGGHHHH C C C H H H H H U U U U U G G G G G
>ahhh, feels good man
>piss self
>post this
Morning all.

yeah but could you do it on a cold rainy night in stoke?

>tfw you've gotten to the point where you can drink until you get sick but the buzz just doesn't come so you just go to bed feeling like shit
How long until the tolerance goes back down?

different for everyone but i took a month and a half off and was getting pretty drunk on a moderate amount again