Stupid Questions Thread

What are the odds I get sick if I eat a slice of pizza that's been sitting out for 36 hours?

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/food-and-nutrition/faq-20058492
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nuke it in the microwave to kill all germs
thats what i do at least

i can never tell if posts like this are serious or not.

If there is no mold and it smells fine just heat it up in a dry pan or an oven and you'll be fine. I've done that to a pizza that's been sitting on the counter for a week and it was one of the best pizzas I've ever had, I call it dry aged pizza.

my former roommate ate leftover pizza that had been sitting in the closet all weekend. he also found some old moldy jello in the fridge and proceeded to scrape the mold off and chow down.

he's not dead last i heard.

Maybe he fights crime with his new powers?

Do the various citrus zests have appreciably different flavor profiles? Do they just mirror the juice/flesh taste across the board? When should i use orange zest vs. lemon zest vs. lime zest?

Depends. If it's from a pizza chain or grocery store probably low since it's all processed garbage. If you made it yourself using real ingredients then you'd probably get sick.

>scrape the mold off
That's fucking disgusting. My retard dad used to do this with cheese. He always said if you scrape the mold off the cheese is as good as new. That's not how it fucking works you buffoon.

actually yes it is, the only mold on cheese that will kill you is black

>what is blue cheese
I feel like this is first poster again continuing to bait

>Do the various citrus zests have appreciably different flavor profiles? Do they just mirror the juice/flesh taste across the board?
Yes. Lemon zest tastes like lemon, lime zest tastes like lime etc. I guess it comes down to what you prefer, or what you have laying at the moment. I guess you can use various zests interchangeably most of the time. But there are some drinks and dishes that specifically call for one of the citrus fruits, such as duck รก l'orange.

Induction only works with certain pots and pans. Usually when you buy them the packaging says wether they're compatible with induction stoves or not. If you already have a bunch of cookware, you should first find out if they're compatible. I think it has something to do with the bottom of the dish having to be magnetic (enough).
Other than that, induction is great. It works very similar to gas in the sense that they heat up or cool down in an instant, so you have much more control than with a simple electric stove.

>I call it dry aged pizza.

Kekd heartily

I've done this all my life, just cut off the white, moldy parts and it's fine, it's literally how cheese is being aged, you just cut off the inedible crust and enjoy.

I mean it kills germs wherever it heats, but if the pizza's thick you may not reach some spots.

You should listen to your dad faggot:

mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/food-and-nutrition/faq-20058492

>Mold generally can't penetrate far into hard and semisoft cheeses, such as cheddar, Colby, Parmesan and Swiss. So you can cut away the moldy part and eat the rest of the cheese. Cut off at least 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) around and below the moldy spot. Be sure to keep the knife out of the mold, so it doesn't contaminate other parts of the cheese.

>1in around

that's a lot of cheese to throw out

What do you expect from doctors? Better safe than sorry approach. Personally I'd be more than happy with about 1/4 of an inch.

How high is your Constitution?

It's only got seven articles, is that enough?

What do I eat burgers or waffles?

I've done this many times without getting sick

I put all my points in charisma

Shut the fuck up.
It's obvious that during the meeting the other day Asia moot told mods to lift the quality of the boards but this isn't the way to do it.

pls anons i am hungry

are you american? burgs. do you hate freedom? wafs.

Why was there pizza in the closet

Is Mastering the Art of French Cooking a good cookbook?

I am american but I don't hate freedom, fuck it I guess I will have one or two burgers and have waffles for breakfast tomorrow. dog bless

Like, 0%
I've eaten 4 day old pizza before

All of the aromatic oil compounds are in the zest, so yes they are all very different if you have a half-decent sense of taste.

The juice is more interchangeable that the zest. Although you aren't likely to get horrible results by subbing them out, although lemon zest in particular really does have a unique quality that can be sorely missed in any recipe that calls for it.

It was for its time, substantially better than what was available in English and with an American perspective that help demystify the cuisine a bit.

Nowadays it certainly is showing its age and there are better books out there that are less old-fashioned for the sake of clinging blindly to tradition and more scientific like "Cooking School" by America's Test Kitchen which has most of the French techniques worth keeping and broader application.

If you are more advanced in your cooking you would be better served to go straight into Escoffier if you really want to aim for French mastery. Although I would argue the Japanese at their peak do cuisine better than the French with less obfuscation and more finesse.

>the sharethread is back

Wasn't it revised several times to keep up with modern times? I'm new, so I'd like a beginner's cookbook for personal use. French cooking is my favorite, but Japanese is something I'd be interested in, though I have less experience with Japanese.

well, if you are a beginner I already recommended Cooking School. Its a hefty tomb and has a lot more range for modern cooking.

where else do you store leftover pizza?

Regular cheese pizza generally doesn't have a high enough water content to be potentially hazardous (source: health inspector). Toppings vary.

this I have about 5 pizza's in my closet as we speak and believe me they are bretty goat