MREs

I found a surplus military store near me that sells 2015 US MREs.

Looking online, I see they go from anywhere between $7-$15 not including shipping. What price should I be looking for?

At the commissary at my post, you can buy 12 of them for about $50.
If you are an outdoors type of guy, they'd be good for ya, but i don't know why a civilian would want to buy these things. Some are somewhat tasty, but it might just be the field environment. Overpriced imo

I want cheap reliable, shelf stable food for when SHTF. US MREs fit the bill for being reliable and supposedly cheap.

12 for $50 sounds like a great deal. That's $4.17 a meal. I'm guessing that the surplus stores sell these at a markup so I should probably shoot for $7 per MRE.

you, like every other survivalist are wasting your money

only a literal retard would buy a can of prepared tub of survival spaghetti. Ever for outdoorsmen it's stupid, but prepping for when "shit hits the fan", prepare yourself by living life in the present and investing your money in ways that will enable you to better your life

Meh, I'd prefer to buy canned food with a long shelf life than buy a whole mre. When shtf though, prepare for constipation. And know that the vegetarian menus have the best desserts.

When the collapse comes the dollar will be useless

You sound like a libtard.
>prepare yourself by living life in the present and investing your money in ways that will enable you to better your life
You read that off a motivational poster?

When SHTF, I'm not talking race war. I'm talking hurricanes, flooding, mass outages, and shit like droughts. All of which happened not too long ago i.e: Flint and Katrina.
When that SHTF, people weren't "preparing themselves by investing money in ways to enable better lives", they were trapped in American soil with no access to water, food, or basic supplies.
What happened next? Aid came in. Guess what they gave these people in their time of need.
Go on I'll give you a minute.

As for "investing money", prepping might be costly if you're 12 and you get a $10 allowance from your parents.
$300 of MREs and water will guarantee that if SHTF in the next DECADE, you will have access to months of food, supplies, toiletries, and heating devices, all of which is portable, compact, and quality since it came literally from the government itself and not some chink overseas cramming spaghetti into a plastic bag. If you can't scrounge up $300 for a decade of insurance, something tells me you don't value your life as much as I value mine.

\

So what, do you really want to be the only one with food in the event of a famine.

Do you not know what happened to people who were just suspected of that when there was typically a famine historically? They get killed and people take their food.

I don't live where my right to protect myself is taken away from me.

That's why you don't tell anybody or broadcast your supplies, stoopid.

you're going to carry 300 dollars worth of chicken nuggets with you in a hurricane? while your basement has been filled with water? Good plan, hey, a fool and his money aren't easily parted

When everyone else is losing 20 lbs and you look comfy they're gonna be suspicious and they're gonna come after you.

Libertarians forget that other people are capable of being self interested dicks too.

Not that guy, but do you know what an mre is and their efficiency in a disaster or survival situation?

I more doubt that he lives in a hurricane zone or has any legitimate reason to prepare for a month's worth of missed meals

Why are you around starving people in that situation?

youve never been in a serious hurricane have you?

Nope, i have been in a few sandstorms though.

Let's not make survival discussions turn into a discussion of politics. Besides, libertarians are most likely to possess weapons.

nothing says liberty like life without parole

You sound like a cuck, and brother, I hate cucks.

Weren't you Implying that people will come after you, after they find out you have food, in a disaster situation? It's called self defense. Again, stoopid.

no I was responding to you without reading what you were responding to, after I did I knew I'd get called on it. you're right

>$300 for shitty emergency food

I've got far more emergency food than you from home canning fish, meats, soups and garden vegetables. Those are all high quality, taste infinitely better than MRE's and cost far less than $300. My supply would last at least 6 months for 2 people.

You done been fooled by the advertising on right wing talk shows, dimwit.

I had a roommate when I lived in the US who was a loadmaster in the airforce and came back with loads of boxes of them.

They were pretty damn tasty for the most part.

Some of them were a bit lacklustre, but really tasty otherwise. Especially the spicy penne pasta and beef stroganoff ones. And that jalapeƱo cheese bread with the cheese spread is great.

I'd love to find some of the American ones over here in England.

enjoy ur botulism

Make your own MRE equivalents, learn to cook, learn to handle yourself in bushcraft

I'm a grunt, my diet consists of MREs for extended periods of time

You do not want this in your life

> Spicy penne
Pretty good
> Beef stroganoff
Okay, haven't seen it in awhile, might not even exist anymore

I'm a Soldier inna US, I'm trying to get ahold of foreign MREs because reasons
Perhaps we could arrange something?

>botulism from canning

Not going to happen since I follow proper procedures.

You pressure cook 'em, right?

Don't these make you shit boulders?

nice homunculus collection

Yeah. Pressure can. The stock in the pic for 25 min @ 10 lbs and the smoked salmon for 110 minutes @ 10lbs. I used the University of Alaska guidelines on that and it is superb. Really moist and tender because it's only partially cooked during smoking.

If you're dehydrated and rapidly changing diets from civilian food or chow hall food to MREs, yes, they can. They have more fiber now so it's less of an issue than people make it seem.

Bottles of semen? How many little girls do you have locked up right now? You do lock up girls right? Because when SHTF you're going to need to impregnate an entire tribe of little girls if you expect to defend yourself from the marauding gangs of blacks and mexicans that will inevitably form. I always laugh at people who only buy guns and food. You're going to need at least 15 little girls, each with their own bottle of cum. That should be about 5 years of breeding and will produce hopefully 45 young sons that will help you start your own tribe.

kek

I'd love to start a company that specializes in making NEET MRE's.

Just making food packages for college students, fat fucks, and "gamers" too lazy to go to the store or cook on a regular basis.

>can be used as a piss jug after consumption

>Food preservation
>Fill a jar with salted fish and urine
>Bury it until needed

Just like the vikings did it.

>2017
>Still pissing in bulky jugs that just take up too much space
>Not pissing in expandable bags

Some prepper you are.

MRE thread?

I have never tasted one and i wanna buy one just to taste it.

What brands should i look for?
Also what kind of fiber should i buy?

if "SHTF" you will be one of the first to perish you delusional sack of shit

he's right, spend your money now because you will not survive long no matter how much prepping you do.

damn man, he's going to go broke spending $50 on 12 meals

what do you live on, ramen and toast?

it's a convenient little bundle of shit and the shelf lives on some of them are like 5-7 years

It's all about the chicken tetrazzini

it's not really convenient if you have to find and barter with soldiers to buy them

>not saving your sandwich cans to use as piss jugs after you run out of bags
Shortsighted, son.