Why do people always complain about the price of milkshakes?

Why do people always complain about the price of milkshakes?

People don't like to shake their own milk.

Because they don't understand the cost/value pricing of ice cream.

Because they have about 400% markup. It is reasonable considering all the costs of running a milkshake-centric business, especially if they have low traffic, but seems harsh for the average person.

milkshakes are shit anyway

are the best milkshakes, the ones you get from those really old, old fashioned restaurants, really just ice cream + milk put into a blender or is there more to them?

I've never made a milkshake from home before, but I think it's just ice cream + milk in a blender.

id rather do that than let some bitch take half my shit and never let me see the kids again

Was this movie good?

I watched it, but I can only remember the meme scene and him having a deaf son.

Yes it starts off with a guy by himself in a hole in the ground with a pickaxe and ends with him buying a bowling alley and getting a new rug + soundtrack by kenny rogers

pulp fiction made it popular to question the value of shakes

People already questioned the value of milkshakes before pulp fiction was released but i would agree that the movie highlighted it as a cultural phenomenon, and thus made the behavior more ubiquitous.

Generally, pretty much. Maybe some added stuff like some heavy cream or vanilla or something, but they're really not that complex.

Because the price has gone up and you get less than you did a few decades ago.

This is especially true at Whitespot where the only worthwhile thing on the menu was their blueberry milkshake. The glass is smaller and the metal cup is only half full whereas it used to be full.

Yet the still charge the same price and the ingredient cost hasn't gone up that much so its just total jewery on their behalf.

>The shake in question cost $5.
>Pulp Fiction was released in 1994.
>Accounting for inflation, that same shake would cost $8.19 in 2017 dollars, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics CPI inflation calculator.
The only way I'd spend $8.19 on a milkshake is if it was a special event and an organization I support was making them with homemade ice cream. But at a restaurant, I might spend $5 on a milkshake if I'm really craving one.

The greyhound station near me has a diner attached that sells good milkshakes for 4 and theyre pretty big

>The only way I'd spend $8.19 on a milkshake is if it was a special event and an organization I support was making them with homemade ice cream. But at a restaurant, I might spend $5 on a milkshake if I'm really craving one.
starbuxlol

here in Australia they cost $8.95 average. thats $7 usd! i can make 7 litres of milkshake at home for that price

Stuff is pretty expensive in Australia, but look on the bright side of it: overseas vacations are always cheaper and make you feel like a king.

yeah true, even when budgeting its good, went to japan for two weeks for $2000 including tickets

>look up milkshake recipe on YouTube out of curiosity
>every single video is by a middle aged Indian woman
What?

>trendy food market in downtown LA
>stupid hipster shit like a restaurant called "Eggslut"
>there's a stall that sells "half-pound" milkshakes for $10
>half-pound
>8 ounces

Is that a lot or a little
I have no goddamn clue

>selling milkshakes by weight
???

It's a measuring cup's worth (8oz), but they called it half a pound to make it sound like it's not a pitifully small amount.

Friend, the mass of a measuring cup is determined by what you put in it, not what size it is

A combination of milk and ice-cream is a fair bit more dense than water

Are you actually telling me they were selling milkshakes on the basis of "If you had an equivalent volume of water, this is how much that water would weigh"?
I'm about to fucking lose it

>ordering a milkshake and a malt.

you fucking disgust me