Cake thread

Show me your works, Veeky Forums.

>serving a deep dish out of the deep dish
What the fug

I too am also perplexed as well

nice

vanilla sucks though

I did this black forest cake for my grandma's birthday last year, there's whipped cream and cherries in the middle

boston cream cupcakes [spoiler]cumshot joke[/spoiler]

tres leches cake
I hate maraschino cherries though

Pistachio cake for my mom's birthday

STOP

slice shot, the frosting was cream cheese icing btw

That's clearly a carrot cake.

sorry...

I like your cakes user.
You should try a Persian Rose cake.
It's a chiffon cake with rose water in the icing, topped with candied rose petals. Tricky part is finding pesticide free rose petals.

nice dood

would eat

Thanks, I really appreciate it!
I've heard of those rose cakes... maybe I could find that stuff on amazon. What do candied rose petals taste like though?

chocolate roulade, peanut butter mousse, chocolate ganache icing, chocolate meringue mushrooms

>Select all the images that match the label: Cake stand
wtf

that's neat!
also I bet that peanut butter mousse was the bomb

i dont see any turtle you liar.

where the fuck is the boston?

mmmmmmmmm

I did these cupcakes for a "surprise" gender reveal for a pregnant lady at my mom's work

once again i dont see a goddamn cup

user, what are you on about?

what is this/how was it?

I laughed. Maybe it was out of bemusement. Maybe it was out of disbelief. Maybe I shook my head sadly while I laughed. But I laughed. So... thanks, I guess.

This thread makes me wish I didn't just lose my job.

it's a yellow cake with mint-infused bourbon and minced mint leaves that is soaked with a mint-infused bourbon syrup and coated with a mint-infused bourbon glaze then garnished with sugar-coated mint leaves. it was pretty good.

You must really like mint.

it's a carrot cake you mouth breathing retard

We're sorry

what happened?

I slipped on ice and cracked my tailbone. Took too much time off work while still being on probation and they let me go for it. It was pretty bullshit but what can you do. Shit happens.

wow, I'm sorry

Looks amazing, recipe?

Candied rose petals taste amazing- IF you like how roses smell. Imagine a taste like how roses smell but less smack-you-in-the-face perfumey, plus sugar (since you're candying the petals in sugar). The taste of a rose is more subtle than its smell. Rose water, however, IS really strong and perfumey, so you'll want to use that more sparingly.

I actually found it in a drawer in my grandma's kitchen. Here it is but I made a few changes
>used half butter, half oil
>milk instead of water
>4 eggs
>splash of vanilla extract
>roughly chopped pistachios
Also, if the batter is too dry then just add milk until it has the texture of a regular cake batter

DROP

tried a simple Migliaccio.
Tastes decent.

>Tricky part is finding pesticide free rose petals.

Yeah, I'd be pretty worried about that. My brother-in-law works at a nursery, and he says they put a lot of nasty stuff on the roses. When I look at the roses he has at home, he tells me not to touch them.

>cake mix

Looks great user, will try

>serving a deep dish
what the fug