What is the best frying pan?

What is the best frying pan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1oWHLaKPjps
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_East_Village_gas_explosion
foodsafetymagazine.com/news/efsa-frying-baking-and-roasting-increases-risk-of-acrylamide-exposure-and-cancer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The most expensive frying pan in the world won't make your food taste any less shitty.

Careful when posting about metal objects on Veeky Forums because everyone loses their fucking shit. Every time.

cast iron

>presuming to have an opinion about my right to have an opinion
REEEEEEEE GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

Also soy turkiye is best, down with the gullenists, or is it down with erdogan, I'm not really sure which side they fall on but down with whoever it is they oppose.

hmmmm?

Depends on what you're cooking faggot.

Either cast iron or teflon tho

ehh... pretty to look at but not as durable as the real deal

Doesn't Teflon flake off and get into the food if you burn the food though?

So don't burn your food dumb ass. It won't hurt you, anyway.

Yes. Don't listen to teflon shills. Just get stainless steel like everybody else.

Exactly. Think you can't make a fine omelette in stainless? Think again.

oh look it's "I ruined some eggs and got laughed at" guy again

Restraunt grade steel saute pans. One Teflon or ceramic for some proteins.

Looks over dome on outside and under done on inside

Show yours from teflon, faggot. It better be time stamped like mine, dildoramus.

Dumbass, you can't even see inside. Show yours from teflon, timestamped or stfu.

NICE AND HOT is undoubtably the best pan you can have, all the chefs use it.

Wait, pans made from different material have different purposes? I always use teflon for everything. It doesn't flake if you use wood cooking utensils.

>I always use teflon for everything
Sucs is desirable.

for deep frying I'd say cast iron because it holds heat well and the temp won't fluctuate as much when you add the cold food

for pan frying I'd say carbon steel just because it's lighter but still has all the good properties of cast iron besides the greater heat retention

Just read the wikipedia page. Wow, so much knowledge that I'm missing out on.

Carbon steel

>Light like stainless

>Durable & non-stick like cast iron

One of these and a stainless steel are all you need my friend.

Absolutely. I would add a dutch oven and you can cook anything, absolutely anything. Everything else? Superfluous unitaskers.

Stainless steel will eventually rust. Every pan but slid cast iron will eventually deteriorate. Not using non-stick pans because you're afraid of burning your food is pretty pathetic. If you burnt your food so bad that the teflon is flaking off your shit isn't edible in the first place.

Stainless steel pans are great when you want to make a pan sauce. That's about it.

Teflon is great for shit like scrambled eggs or sticky glazes. Clean up is a breeze.

Cast iron for almost everything else.

Forgot to mention, non-stick is also great for low fat cooking if you're into that sort of shit.

Teflon shill detected who's too incompetent to cook eggs in stainless.

Teflon is a dangerous and worthless unitasker. Get better, son.

>Teflon is dangerous
lmao you're a retard

2.5mm thick copper pan lined with tin. A cast iron skillet and Dutch oven, and a decent set of stainless. All you could ever want.

Butthurt teflon shill detected.

It's all I have except for the copper. What's that for?

yeah you got me, im mad because you are a retard. i also have a personal interest in the sales performance of teflon to Veeky Forums anons

heats evenly. stews and sauces. kinda stupid imo. just stir in a stainless steel pot a few times instead

Doesn't hold heat as well as cast iron, but you can be extremely precise with temperature. It heats up and cools down fast. Great for things like searing tuna and really anything that requires similar attention. The tin is great for its nonstick qualities and has almost as good of heat conductivity as copper. Can't use metal tools in it though. Stainless lining is also good for the extra durability and versatility at the expense of the tin's benefits.

Unlined copper is a no go though. Not dangerous or anything but it leeches and changes flavors.

Side note, a bare copper bowl is ideal for whipping egg whites. It's like magic.

I'd agree if that's what you were only going to use it for, but the fact that there's no hotspots or coolspots can be handy indeed

useless on induction stoves though

Yes. I should have mentioned that. And the copper pans with steel inserts are a meme.

they are pretty cool looking though. my grandma had one she'd always cook stews in and swore by it so i guess it just seems old fashioned to me.

That yellow liquid pooling around the crest is a blatant sign that you didn't cook it all the way, retard.

Cast iron and rolled steel pans have a much higher infrared emissivity than stainless steel. Even the parts of your food that are not in direct contact with the pan will get crisped up nicely. That, and the superior heat detention due to weight, are the reason why they are so great for frying, especially steaks and meat in general.

If you do decide to ever get one, it's important to spend the extra money and get it at least 2mm thick, preferably 2.5. If you don't, you're not really taking advantage of the material.

Cany anybody tell me if enameled cast iron pans like the newer Le Creusets take and hold a non-stick seasoning just like pure cast iron?

After frequent use they will need retinning on the inside though. Hardly anybody left who can do that. You can NOT cook in them when the copper is showing through.

>not mastering ye olde trades like tinning copper yourself

never, despite what they may advertise. personally i think it's a fucking meme. it's non-reactive sure but so is stainless steel.

Only get teflon if you feel like buying a new set of cookware every six months. Or if you don't cook - It's good for people that don't cook.

My dad has a friend who got hit in the head by his wife with an old school cast iron skillet. He was sleeping and she cracked him in the head with it, he was in a coma for two days.

Ceramic and cast iron are all you need in a kitchen.

Anodized aluminium. It's more expensive than a shitty Teflon type coating, but it will not scratch off. Just go to a restaurant supply store and get pans.

Cast iron you could in any environment and it's durable.

What about the "as seen on TV" copper pans? I'm a sucker for infomercials.

They're garbage. Real copper (2.5mm of pure copper, lined with 18/10 stainless) is tits. Anything that doesn't state the copper thickness can safely be assumed to be garbage.

The reason most people don't own copper is that you can get 90% of the way there with thick aluminum, which is cheaper. Not a lot cheaper, when you consider that decently thick aluminum lined with 18/10 stainless costs like 70% as much as good copper. But it is cheaper, and people are very price sensitive.

oh yeah and inb4 that guy who says "durr durr a 10mm thick aluminum pan is hurrrr"

Look at the actual products on the market before bleating like an autistic goat. Nobody sells alu that thick.

youtu.be/1oWHLaKPjps

id had a teflon pan for years

what are you talking about?

He probably used it for everything, used metal utensils on it, and then wondered why it didn't last

This is the problem with Veeky Forums, we have a lot of retards on who think that since they figured out how to ruin food with a stove and some cookware, that they're elite chefs who know everything

like the dumb ass earlier complaining about teflon chipping if he burns food in it kek

What do y'all think of these (or just anodized aluminum in general)? I have a 10-inch and 6-inch one and they've both been great for every day cooking.

stainless steel is better

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on all-clad? Overpriced garbage or GOAT?

both of those and everything in between

MC2 = GOAT
Copper Core = overpriced garbage

Most of the rest falls somewhere in the middle

The regular Stainless line is GOAT. MC2 doesn't work on induction, so the savings is moot.

>doesn't work on induction
That's like complaining that it doesn't work in space

Nobody who cares enough about cooking to inquire about specific lines of all clad pans will be caught dead using induction

Induction is common, ya country bumpkin.

Also the stainless line has about half the aluminum thickness, at a significantly higher price. It's not a terrible product in the grand scheme of things but I'd hardly call it GOAT

Cleetus please, I live in one of the most densely populated places on the planet

then you would know that almost all apartments are full electric.

Except they're not, you clearly have never been anywhere near a real city

Induction is for people who live too far from the gas main to have a real stove, but still like to think of themselves as "foodies" so they buy the next least shittiest thing to a coil stove

>Induction is for people who live too far from the gas main
Flyover that has an LP tank in his front yard detected.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_East_Village_gas_explosion

I suppose this was caused by fairy dust?

Wow, you sure look stupid now :^)

>I just got a new home, jed. Come help me take the wheels off of it!

Whatever you need to tell yourself to compensate for your second-rate induction ''''stove''''

Induction is the preferred choice by most chefs. Way to expose your ignorance.

Because it keeps the insurance costs down, see

Non stick for quick meals
Stainless steel for whatever
Cast iron for the real shit

Also, gas is better for quickly controlling temperature

>preferred choice by most chefs
>most chefs

>your ignorance

You see it a lot in the UK since electric fuel is cheaper than gas.

Not an argument.

It also changes heat instantly. Something no other stove can do.

The unregulated propane jew is the worst choice. In the first place during cold months they jack the price to mouthdropping levels. In the second place, the tanks have a gauge that has 3 readings: low, half, and full. Billy Bob comes out with his truck and "fills" your tank with 500 gallons. But you have no way of verifying it, because they have to leave 20% empty. So the gauge is in between half and full. In reality, he gave you 425 gallons and saved the 75 gallons for his buddy, Cletus. In the third place, the tank is owned by a particular propane company and if you want to switch companies, they charge a "tank removal fee" of $1200. They fuck you in every orifice. Sure is a good argument for deregulation benefiting the consumer!

I live in a propane area and I built my house all electric for specifically those reasons. My electric bill is 30% of my neighbors' with comparable square footage who are on propane.

Depends on what you're cooking, but for all-purpose use, I like Magnalite GHC Pro. Even heat, heats quickly, cooks beautifully. Just remember to use a towel or a handle cover, or you'll be sorry.

So flyovers are going full electric too?

They make these things called piezo igniters user, pretty interesting technology. Basically, when you turn the knob, the gas touches it and you get instant fire

No more need to rub a stick in a hole like some nubile young paleolithic girl covered in ashes! Not that there's anything wrong with that

This is very true.

I am aware. Still not faster than magnetism.

You should research induction instead of just thinking it's stupid because it's new technology. It's great shit. The only, and I mean only, drawback compared to a gas range are you have to use ferrous pots. Everything else, cost, heat quality, safety, etc. is superior.

>being this obtuse.

bad troll.

>because it's newer

No, because I've used it at my 98 year old grandma's place since my aunt decided she shouldn't be allowed to have a real stove anymore so they forced an induction stove on her

Yes, it's cool that they will boil a huge pot of pasta water faster, and the insurance costs are lower if you're running a restaurant, and also you can't get gas without jumping through hoops if you live in some unincorporated area somewhere between the Hudson River and the Diablo Range

Aside from that, though, induction sucks because the temperature control is basically "turn the knob, pray, who knows what heat you'll get it's a surprise" which is why nobody in his right mind wants to cook with it. With a real stove you can tell how high the heat is, instantly. And boiling a huge pot of pasta water is not something most people do every day except maybe guidos and college students

>it sucks because I don't know how to use the knob
Wow way to go for the "I'm retarded" defense.

I hope you have a generator, or are you in a warm area? full electric in stormy summers/harsh winters can be awful with all the power outages.

>user: the user interface is shit and everyone hates it, for instance there is no indication as to what the tool is doing, you have to wait several seconds and infer based on secondary behavior
>you: it's the user's fault! stupid user! you don't need that anyway! la la la I can't hear you!

Are you a software developer by any chance?

>it's shit because I say so
k

This nigga can't use a stove or a computer, lol.

>it's good because I needed to rationalize it
k
>a shitty user UI makes me smart
KDE user detected

>KDE
I3 tiling master race, go back to your Unity ease of use, pleb.

>spending hours a day ricing your desktop
>this makes me smart

Stop cooking food through direct contact with heated metal and/or fire.

foodsafetymagazine.com/news/efsa-frying-baking-and-roasting-increases-risk-of-acrylamide-exposure-and-cancer/

EFSA: Frying, Baking and Roasting Increases Risk of Acrylamide Exposure and Cancer

The European Food Safety Authority’s (EFSA) Panel on Contaminants in the Food Chain has published its scientific opinion on acrylamide--a chemical that naturally forms in starchy food products during every-day high-temperature cooking--found in food, reconfirming previous evaluations that its presence in food does in fact increase consumer risk of cancer.

The panel’s findings are based on results from animal studies. Tests show that exposure to acrylamide was both genotoxic and carcinogenic, ultimately causing damage to DNA and triggering cancerous cells. While human studies evaluating the effect of dietary exposure to acrylamide have been initiated, the EFSA says that those outcomes are “currently limited and inconclusive”.

While the risk of cancer is a possibility in all age groups, research suggests that children may experience more exposure to acrylamide because they have lower body weights. Besides cancer, the panel also considered possible harmful effects of acrylamide on the nervous system, pre- and post-natal development and male reproduction. These effects were not considered to be a concern, based on current levels of dietary exposure.

Fried potato products, coffee, biscuits, crackers, and bread (crisp and soft) are all food items that are responsible for high acrylamide exposure--usually formed during processes such as frying, baking, roasting and methods generally relied upon to ‘brown’ foods. Acrylamide is also present in tobacco smoke.

Phaggot

Does your induction stove top have a glass surface? If so, it's shit.

Go back to your containment thread, dark roast autist

At least I know how to work a stove.