Why are you not drinking the best scotch ever?

Why are you not drinking the best scotch ever?

I stopped buying spirits because my functional alcoholism was becoming somewhat less than functional

Yeah, I moved back in with my parents (in my 30's btw) who are willing to buy me beer (when I give them my good taste) and pay my medical bills, but I can only afford to sneak in cheap vodka on the side.

Is it better than the 12 yo?

Because I haven't left my house to go to the liquor store lately.
Also this:

I have an unopened bottle of highland park 1990 (25 year) in my cabinet

Same here, I'm currently tapering with beer and it's going very well. Time to switch back to weed, I was more functional than many sober people I know. So excited for the bag I'm getting tomorrow, I cleaned out an old 1 pint gelato jar, can't wait to fill it up and admire the beauty.

whsikey basically starts out as beer. is there any place where you can buy the beer and the whiskey made from the same mash bill or whatever?

Too busy working down my Laphroaig 18 and my Glenlivet 18. I guess I like my whisky like my women, of legal age.

because i live in Australia

If it tastes like the 12 year old I would rather burn the money.

Legal age is 3 isn't it.
I like them stored in some dark warehouse for some 10-20 years before the are allowed to see daylight again.

A few breweries have made their own but it's not common. Look for Rogue brewings whisky, they make a lot of shitty meme beers but most of them are bretty gud

These are two very bad comments to be taken out of context

rogue is a horrible brewery. overpriced garbage none of which I respect.

Op's choice is nice though.
Also beer, what are you in college?

Not enough difference between Glen 12 and 18 to justify the cost difference

But I'm a heretic and just pounding jameson's anyway what can I say

eh, $140usd here (which google tells me is $182aud) so that pricing seems pretty fair.

Weed is illegal you fuck

> Weed is illegal you fuck
How do you know which country/state he lives in?

He could be Rocky Mountain High, or from Portuweed.

It's technically not legal yet in Canada, but I see the cops walking/driving past people smoking blunts all the time and not doing anything.

Last week, it was 6 in the morning downtown, and the entire city centre smelled like pot, and I was telling the cop "man, some people don't have discretion.", and he says "yeah, not much I can do about it.", and he adds "that's a potent scent, that must be the good shit".

Public attitude towards weed in Canada is overwhelmingly that it should be legal, even among police and government, so you have to be dealing or some shit to get busted.

>technically
If something is technically not legal than that means it's illegal

Not the guy you're arguing with, just trying to save you the effort in the future

I was about to post that sentiment too.

Weed will be legal in Canada soon, probably before the next election so Turdeau can please young voters, but it isn't yet.

In my city, medicinal weed dispensaries are popping up everywhere and cops seem to randomly raid and shut them down, then 3 more pop up. It makes no sense, either make it legal or don't, this gray area bullshit is unfit for a civilized country.

I've never smoked weed myself, but no body here seems to give a shit about someone lighting up a blunt.

I'd say I see it 2-3 a week.

Even the cops don't care. They're looking for dealers, not tokers.

Agreed
Can we stop this "I'm not allowed to have an opinion about weed unless I say whether I use it or not"? This isn't a contest, it's a significant policy issue whether you use it or not and people can have opinions even if they don't have a motive (like wanting to smoke a lot of weed)

The non-enforcement is the same in most places that aren't complete shitholes, but there's a significant distinction between "legal" and "illegal but not aggressively enforced"

As long as something is illegal there's a risk that someone in power will use it to fuck with you. Being ok with that is one thing but don't pretend it's the same thing as complete legalization

Underrated

> chill-filtered
> artificially-colored more than your grandma's hair
> bottled at 43%

Come back when you are at least 16

>Not drinking superior Highland Park

Make room for this masterpiece.

>this entire thread

Because Scotch is inferior to our Irish Whiskey

thats some retarded packaging

If you look up "merchandise in its final form" on google that's the first image that shows up

faggots, the lot of you

Highland Park is pretty damn good, but honestly I feel that what I enjoy best depends on my mood. Sometimes I want a little something for everyone (Highland Park), other times I want something smokey and peaty (some sort of Islay), other times I want something lighter (lowlands/Irish whisky).

Nice blog
Wait why does it say Veeky Forums in my url bar

You post this pic in every booze thread. How about fucking off and go play in traffic you shit brained fedora permavirgin.

Well, if you want an actual suggestion, the I'd say the Caol Ila 30 yr. Alchemist Bottling. Was about $200 US when I found it (a fucking steal for a 30 year), but I can't find it any more. Otherwise, a Highland Park 21 (found in the Duty Free section of the Taiwan Airport a few years ago) was damn good. There's also the usual Lagavulin 16 (can't go wrong with the gold standard of Islays). Something that's not a Scotch, but a damn good whisky is the Suntory Hibiki 21, but good luck finding a bottle that's less than $400 now.

Because the amount of cheaper whisk(e)y that I'd have to have in stock on the side to avoid drinking all of it at once wouldn't be healthy. I'm in the same situation as:

More of a Lagavulin guy 2bh.

Now that's more like it.
I found that Lagavulin 16 has sadly declined in quality the last I tasted it, which is a huge fucking shame. Still very good by all means, but I remember it was better once.
I have never tried weebsky, mainly because the prices make my heart ache. I don't think it's worth it. Do you think it is?

I've never tried good scotchs or whiskys. I love alcohol, but I usually go for sweeter ones.

I'm a huge fan of amaretto, porto, and pretty much any kind of liqueurs.

Whats a good entry whisky or scotch?

Pic related, a friend of mine recommended this one

>amaretto
probably tied with frangelico as the best tasting liquor out there but they are "pussy drinks" for the degenerate alcoholics on Veeky Forums so youll get shit for liking it

Depends on your budget; I'd suggest Glenffidich 15yo, but if you're willing to spend a bit more, Glenfarclas 15 / 17 are fantastic values. A bit on the sweet side, but since that's your preference, I think you'd like either one. Nothing wrong with blends if you're on a budget, I'd suggest something like Famous Grouse, which uses sweeter malts like Macallan at its core.

If you're into sweet drinks I'd start off with an Irish whiskey if I were you. Try to avoid the basic versions of say Jameson and Bushmills unless you're on a serious budget, but even just fancier bottles from those distilleries can be really good (I had a 12 yo Jameson that was heavenly). Then either try a peated Irish (those can be phenomenal too) or a non-peated whisky from the Highlands like Oban (one of my favourites, although not as good as it used to be).

hahhahahahahahahaha

>High Priceland Park
Nah, peated whiskys are always better if your palette is more refined since all the other whisky are mostly meant to be smooth and not taste so much. And then you drink bourbon since its the best at being smooth.

Whisky is a real drinkers drink. Craft beer is for fedoras.

Start with bourbon, its the sweetest of whiskey, especially the corn ones, like Buffalo Trace or Makers mark

>Pajeet whisky
I'm intrigued

>>If something is technically not legal than that means it's illegal

>> To add; In certain States recreational weed legal. But federal law states recreational weed as illegal. It is a gray area even if you are in a green state.

yeah, the fisher price of whisky

That's a bit unfair imo. Sure base jameson and bushmills is unexceptional, but Irelands been putting out some good single malts as well.

They're all corny m8

All of the major whiskys seem to be declining a lot in quality. I've read that they're running out of reserves due to demand and starting to use younger whiskys than they usually would.

Does Veeky Forums ever watch ralfy?
I don't ever drink single malt because I am poor, but goddamn is ralfy unirinocally comfy and knowledgeable

isnt single malt a meme at this point since basically all it means is that it comes from the same factory. single cask being the true vintage?

>Public attitude towards weed in Canada is overwhelmingly that it should be legal, even among police and government
Same where I live. In my old neighborhood I lived across the street from a hospital, so there were plenty of cops and public safety (rent-a-cops) rolling up and down the block. Almost every time I walked to my friends place around the corner I had a joint or blunt and never got stopped. People would be walking a dog and not even bat an eye.

Well that's sad. Very sad.

Ralfy is THE man.

I've had that whisky before. I wasn't impressed as it was way too sweet and reminded me more of a rum than a whisky. It's definitely unique, so if you can, get a glass before you commit to getting a bottle.

That's partly due to the world economies and the increasing wealth of countries like India and China, where people there are developing a taste bud for luxury wines and spirits.

The comfiest

Rye bourbon muh nigga

Yup, the guys is just too comfy, sometimes he might get a bit morbid though but gotta make diamonds out the salt grains they give and all that jazz

Fuck. How to you drink from that bottle without feeling like a retard?

>Rye bourbon
nvm im drunk

The Hibiki 21 is definitely worth it in my opinion. It's definitely different from other whiskies as Suntory was trying to create a unique Japanese profile. You probably know, but Hibiki is the blended whisky line from Suntory. They've got, from what I've seen in the SF Bay Area the Harmony, 12 year, and occasionally the 17. I got my bottle of the 21 over in Asia, as it's hard to find everywhere.

As for the 21 Hibiki. The nose is floral, bit of vanilla and a hint of oak. Body is very light and the taste is very subtly malty, honeyed and light on the sweetness as it doesn't coat your tongue like syrup. The finish is long, slightly woody and ends in what I'd like to say is a bit of fruitiness, plum I think. Definitely worth a taste if you can get a hold of some.

One of the best places to try is Hibiki, or other really high end whiskies is at a Whiskyfest, if you live in an area that hosts one. You'll definitely want to spring for the VIP ticket (probably $150-200 more than regular) and there's a good reason. From my experience at a SF Whiskyfest a few years back, the hour before for VIP is when all, and I mean all, of the whisky companies break out their high end whiskies. I had no problem going up to Laphroaig and asking to try one of their 30 year bottlings. Same for the Diageo group, as they had many of the higher aged whiskies available (21 yr Caol Ila, Talisker 25 yr, etc). Suntory was there as well and they were pouring out their 21 year. They were supposed to bring their 30 year Hibiki (last I checked, it was $1500/bottle minimum), but it didn't arrive in time. There was also a number of Bourbon producers that showed up. Pappy Van Winkles had a really aged bourbon that people were lining up around the block for and the Colorado Stranahan Distillery showed up with some of their other offerings as well.

He's just so wholesome and passionate.
I wish I had that in my life

Jesus that sounds like heaven. Unfortunately in my country I have never heard of a whiskyfest being organized or even something remotely similar. Guess I'll have to fly my way to somewhere expressively for that.

I wonder what he works with in real life. Probably sales or something since he could literally sell anything. Gotta get on that Bruichladdie 10 train now,

i prefer the cheapest spirits money can buy and to then mix them with juices or something because i'm poor

You pour it into a glass. You're too poor to be in this thread, bub.

I heard that he's an undertaker.

Hey, cider and some vodka makes for a pretty decent and cheap cocktail.

Well that would actually make sense why he was talking about his arrangements and why he is such an respectful chap.

thanks, will actually try this, my gf loves cider

I live near a Costco and a mom & pop local brewery. The mom & pop shop's shtick is that they make their products using honey: beer, mead and cider. I like to take their cider and the Costco vodka (the 1.75 L vodka for ~$14, quite decent as a mixer) to make something that'll get me feeling pretty good. I'm not an alcoholic, I swear. I don't go to meetings. That and I prefer the term "blackout enthusiast".

RICH AND RARE ARE BEST YOU FUCK!

Wild turkey = worst!

Yeah I do, I found his channel when I wanted to try whisky.

On an unrelated note has anyone ever tried pic related?

You sure that's not gasoline put in a jug and rebranded as whisky?

Why do you need 5L of that? Do they have a discount on bulk or something?