Am I missing something

why do people go crazy for craft beer. I tried it and it's not worth the price. I myself don't get why it's a hype. I can get a 30 pack of hamms beer for 15 dollars. craft beer is also bitter and odd flavor infusions that are gross and expensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

eater.com/drinks/2015/6/1/8700045/why-gin-a-look-at-the-roots-of-why-some-fear-this-familiar-spirit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you don't like it, you don't like it. Just keep buying what you're buying. I'm a fan of the complex flavors in craft beer. I drink it to savor every sip, rather than to just quench my thirst. Same reason I like expensive coffee.

Hamms is good, but its only like 4.2% alcohol.

I need like at least 5.7% to get where I want to be at the end of the night after 10 beers

I like some craft beers and I appreciate the smaller breweries' unique ideas, but I feel like a lot of the buzz with craft beer is just people trying to be 'cool' by drinking lesser known beer. I think craft beer is a great way to expand your beer preferences, though. But you're right, it's definitely pretty expensive to be buying without knowing if you'll like it or not.

>mom, i posted it again

I'm just trying to understand the flavors and the price. I know buy what quenches the thirst. Still for example, 6 pack of ipa beer is like 8 dollars and the stuff is bitter I just don't get why people buy that.

maybe you just dont like ipas. They have over saturated the markets with them and I've had quite a few that were bad. If you hate bitter beers look for beers that have a low IBU, IPAs are on the higher side. Lagers tend to be less bitter so I would say go that route. Just try as many beers as possible and you'll probably find quite a few that you like.

nice pic, can i save it?

For me it was because the only social activity I did was drinking alcohol so it made sense to explore different stuff in the same way I go out of my way to try strange & hard to get foods.

I have been sober for 3 months and I'm bored every day someone help me please.

A 6pack of well advertised adjunct lager is like $7 or $8 a 6pack were I live. I get get a 6pack of lagunitas undercover shutdown for $10. It's 9.6% abv and I think it tastes good. One 6 pack will get me pretty drunk and it's the same as drinking 12 modelos.

I understand the allure of cheap adjuncts in 30 packs. I drank a lot of rolling rock and pbr in my first few years of college but back then I drank out of a funnel and a tube. I got a 12 pack of pbr a few nights ago for $8 and I've been having a hard time getting this stuff down fast enough to get drunk.

its all yours my friend hahaha

it seems people like craft beer to get drunk fast

>drinking the jew brew

just take a short cut and buy vodka. get drunk fast, cheaper.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA thanks

I'd be blessed if i could get IPAs that cheap where i live. Sixpack of average adjunt pale lager is like 8 euros here.

The cheapest IPA you can get (and it's the shitty commercial one, not craft) is like 3 euros per 0,5l can (about 1 pint).

And i still buy craft beer from time to time.

Craft beer is a culinary experience like wine or whiskey, it's meant to be sometimes easy, sometimes challenging, the idea is to try new things or perfect age-old concepts. There are so many different styles, brands, eccentricities of craft beer that it fails to be a unanimous entity. You might hate IPAs but not craft lagers or pilsners. Shit, you might not hate all craft IPAs, just the one you tried

>lagers or pilsners
Babby's first craft beer is usually imperial stout. Sweet, obvious flavors that are easy to pick out and unchallenging.

Lighter, more balanced styles like the ones you described usually go underappreciated by a craft beer neophyte or dismissed as "pisswater".

To be cool of course.

Popular beers got to be popular for a reason, while the "hint of the brewer's semen" brews were ignored. Now you have a generation who have resurrected the cassette tape....

Sheer and pure dog wankery.

Vodka is a lousy buzz, gives me a headache while i'm drinking it.

Cheap liquor drunk=feel weird, violent/sad/angry
Beer drunk=feel sedated/happy and sleepy.

Because we recognize that prior to prohibition, everywhere had local brews, much like Europe. The feminization of American brewing happened during WWII, where bland adjuncts appealing to a woman's palate developed. This remains today due to marketing. The idiots who trumpet corporate adjunct beer over craft, are feminized numales that have no knowledge whatsoever of the kinds of beer real men on the frontier of 'murrica drank.

You're missing actually trying the beers. It's a universe of different styles, it's not something you can say "I tried it, it's not worth the price". A Gose tastes nothing like a stout, a stout tastes nothing like an IPA. You have to find out what you like.

What you're saying is akin to saying "why do people eat at restaurants? I tried it and it was expensive, and they put weird ingredients together that are just gross." All because you went to a restaurant and ordered something you knew nothing about and didn't enjoy.

Does anyone else feel that different spirits produce different moods, despite their obviously negative effect on sobriety? In my personal experience, beers tend to be sedative and morose, whereas ciders make me uncontrollably mirthful, despite not differing significantly in alcohol content.

Fun story. Found a puppy a couple weeks ago and I named him Hamms cause that's what I was drinking at the time. He's a good boy but a bit of a problem marking places in the house he doesn't go often. He's getting hit balls chopped of Thursday though so it'll get better

>Does anyone else feel that different spirits produce different moods,
I've heard it said my whole life that gin makes a mean drunk.
eater.com/drinks/2015/6/1/8700045/why-gin-a-look-at-the-roots-of-why-some-fear-this-familiar-spirit

I can tell you only that the wine headache is probably true, and that the reverse is also true, the purity of the vodka helps you ensure that your water and smarts means no hangover.

>expensive coffee

>I tried it
>craft beer is one single style

There's a whole gigantic range of styles of beer, saying you 'tried it' is ridiculous. Go somewhere you can do a make your own sixpack thing, get six drastically different styles of beer, and try them. Odds are there's a type you like.

Craft beer in Australia is cheaper then the premium, or commercial beers.

Yeah you can get bang-for-your buck beers for less, but saying craft beer is expensive is idiotic. Most 6 packs are between $8-$10. The rarest can go for like $12 for a 4 pack.

I'll agree it's not the best thing ever, but there is a lot of variety and you really aren't paying much more to take a step up from generic 4% abv lagers

>the rarest can go for like $12 for a 4 pack

Kek. You need to start shopping at places other than Walmart.

fuck off fedora fag, it's just a generalization

agreed

Buying fresh roasted coffee beans is expensive. I haven't entered the patrician level of roasting them myself.

No it isn't at all. In fact craft beer is way more expensive here than it is in Europe and North America.

Its the same where in live my dude

east coast: yuengling

west coast: pacifico or sierra nevada

not even craft but theyre the only beers i truly enjoy

Show me some prices or I don't believe ya.

>Show me some prices or I don't believe ya.
How will user sleep at night?

Doubt he'll sleep at all having been exposed for spreading fake news.

>news

>ITT: we discuss why salty pirates piss tastes nummy.

drunk water, you drinks!.

Because I like to support my local industry and neighbors. Plus some of them make some really good stuff, if anyone is in humboldt check out redwood curtain best brewery in the county.

Hamm's is $12 per 30 around me, or $13 at fancier shops like Walmart. Do you live in the Hamptons?

Whats a pleb tier beer that I could enjoy without being water? I like guiness and blue moon, but is there anything else a little more simple yet good? Maybe I'm just a big bitch

Why do Hamm's when Icehouse 6.9% is also $13?
Are you even an alcoholic?

colt 45, four loko. any malt beer. cider maybe idk

Why is that middle orange glass dick shaped?

It's not. The one second from the left is, though.

If you like Guiness then try Murphy's Stout and Kilkenny.

If you like Blue Moon try Hoegaarden.

But a good beer like Irish dry stouts and a great indian pale ale taste very good, even if you like drinking sodas. Fuck even whisky tastes good neat if you get the good shit, you don't even taste the alcohol in them!

There are 2 kinds of craft beer, one that is made to taste like good quality beer, other is made by beer hipsters for beer hipsters, and it walays tastes funny. So go for good quality craft beer that is not done by hipster.

>walays
is this bahasa for beer?

Friendly reminder that west coast beer is overhopped, overpriced garbage that's slavishly consumed by yuppies and trust fund hipsters who are either blind or afraid to say that the emperor has no clothes.

You might not like what you're trying. Maybe you don't like IPAs. Neither do I. Try malty beers instead.

IPAs are the new thing for beer. I can't look at a beer list at a restaurant without at least 50% of them being IPAs.

sometimes I think this comic is written by 14-year-old me

Kilkenny is actually even simpler than Guinness and it also holds a warm place in my heart as one of the beers that got me starting drinking anything other than Carlsberg or standard Finnish macros 12 years ago or so.

Thoes are pretentious beer glasses...I mean that's the company that makes them Matt Cummings we grew up in the same small town pretty cool that he has turned that into a successful business, he was in the top 10 sellers on etsy at one time possibly still

It's tough to beat mass produced products on price. The combination of automation, economies of scale and using the cheapest possible ingredients results in unbelievably cheap products.

The problem some people have with these products is they they lack character when compared to traditionally produced products. And if you want that character it usually involves more expensive ingredients and time consuming processes. This makes the resulting product much more expensive.

Is the result better? That's a matter of taste. Craft beer is a broad category. To me many of them are way better than so-called macro-brews. But there are just as many that strike me as comically over-hopped to the point of barely being drinkable. Are the good ones "worth it"? That's a matter of your personal taste and budget. And to some degree your mood. Sometimes I don't mind light fizzy beer without much character, and I'm happy it's cheap.

>four loco
>colt 45
>fucking malt liquor

nignog detected

Where do you live? Find a local microbrewery in your area and see what they have. Guinness is a Stout (not all dark beers are stouts, so keep that in mind). Blue Moon is a Witbier. But just see what kind of offerings are local to you, they're likely to be less expensive.

I buy a lot of Big Rock beer (Alberta microbrewery) and it costs about the same as the macro stuff like Labatt's and Molson's. Of course I still buy the nicer stuff too and the single-bottle imports, but there's probably some stuff you can get by the case that will taste much better than anything ending in "Light."

I second the guy who said try Kilkenny. Personally I find it really bland and flavourless but somehow it manages to have practically no bitterness so if the bitterness is a turn-off then you might enjoy it.

I actually just moved from SE Michigan (highest microbreweries per capita) to North Carolina... Feel like I have bad timing

As a Colorado native temporarily living in southern California, I know your pain. Craft beer here is overpriced and mediocre.