I realized that black pepper is the GOAT condiment

I realized that black pepper is the GOAT condiment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not a condiment - it's a spice. Not to nitpick. This video actually gives a pretty good explanation as to the difference:

>spice
it's really more of a seasoning

Nobody really calls anything a "seasoning" in the industry. If you talk about seasoning something, it usually refers to salt, and black pepper if appropriate, but black pepper is generally considered a spice.

source: i'm an exec chef w/ 15 years of experience.

i, too, am in the industry and i disagree

This is the thanks I get for trying to learn?

what exactly were you "trying to learn" by posting "I realized that black pepper is the GOAT condiment."?

stupid faggot.

Well then your wrong. This video might help clear up the confusion.

my wrong what?

I think Donkey Kong is the GOAT condiment.

its a topping

>I realized that black pepper is the GOAT condiment.
Were you born in January or something?

How the hell is this a revelation?

How sheltered are you? What is your level of education? Is your mother overbearing?

Described your life and thought process.

If OP is like me, it took a while to click. And it takes switching from pre-ground to freshly cracked. Then having something that's amazing with only salt and fresh pepper.

Your, it's short for You R, you fucking dumbass. No wonder you're a cook. Grow up and get a real job that pays more than 12 an hour

Don't get me wrong, I love black pepper but I don't see how anyone on Veeky Forums can suddenly discover its greatness.

But yes, maybe OP used pre-ground stuff, which is pretty devoid of flavour.

When you're used to a lifetime of overcooked steak, flavorless potatoes, and boxed meals, a little freshly ground pepper can make a world of difference. The first time I came to Veeky Forums I was looking for simple, easy stuff to try and couldn't scramble an egg without wildly over cooking it so it's not that surprising that people are still amazed by how much pepper can add.

I'm so glad my parents liked to cook and ate interesting things.

My wife grew up with meat and potatoes but exceeded my tastes and adventuresome eating pretty quickly after we moved in together.

Pepper is pretty universally good but isn't necessary to get great tasting food most of the time.
The only thing that NEEDS pepper is eggs.

>carbonara with that freshly ground pepper smell

I'd call you mean names but I remembered I'm a little biased toward pepper. I've considered putting it in coffee, on pancakes, and in a pumpkin pie. Cayenne was the better choice in those situations, though.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love pepper and use it in almost everything. It's like a guaranteed +5% quality increase on anything if it has the right amount of pepper in it.
But that's still a small increase and not really necessary.
Makes eggs superb though.

Eggs are an excuse to eat thick cut, peppered bacon.

Nah man, if anything is a condiment it is bacon.

no

When I was a little kid I loved it and put it on everything but then I kinda grew out of it I guess but now I recently started using it again and I realized that it is GOAT.

you're the dumbass.. Learn to spell

Them's fightin' words, son.