Are there any good authentic pastrami recipe?

Our Jews don't like opening up bakeries or Pastrami houses in my city so how do I make my own pastrami? Are there any pastrami recipe that could yield similar pastrami to Katz in NY?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kdc1958DOm4
liebmansdeli.com/
millbasindeli.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's how they do it at Katz's. The cut you start with is the navel. Brine for two weeks with basic salt solution in airtight container. Season with rub of salt, prpper, garlic and coriander and smoke over smouldering wood chips for 48-72 hours. Then cook in a double boiler for three hours before slicing.

Pretty big fucking project.

>that'll be $39.99 plus tip

buy a corned beef from costco, cover it with black pepper and coriander, then smoke it.

use a good sharp carving knife to slice it

I live in Australia. We don't have corned beef

With the YUGE mick population there I refuse to believe this.

>Are there any pastrami recipe that could yield similar pastrami to Katz in NY?
So you're asking for overpriced, mediocre pastrami sold to dumb tourists from flyover states? Do yourself a favor and go to 2nd Ave Deli next time you're in NYC.

Well I cant because i live in Australia. Thats why i want an authentic pastrami recipe. Our merchants dont open bakeries or pastrami houses here.

Yes we do, faggot.

that's not even a thing in Ireland, it was a thing with Irish-Americans because they were dirt poor immigrants and corned beef WAS dirt cheap meat. Then it exploded with St Patrick's day and the Jews decided it wasn't going to be a cheap meat anymore.

Same thing actually happened with bacon, until the late 20th century, bacon as we call it in the US was scrap meat that the poorest people ate. That's why what we call bacon differs from other places, it isn't actually cut from the back. Jews also took this and it became a meme food.

What city do you live in, dumb goy frogposter? I find that hard to believe.

Canberra

Give me a fucking break. 2nd Ave costs the same as fucking Katz's and is almost exactly the same.

"Exactly the same" is an overstatement, because 2nd is sliced thinner and less fatty. But I don't think that the difference is enough to declare it significantly better or worse than Katz's.

>2017
>eating jew meat seasoned with baby foreskin

It's delicious.

You lying cunt we certainly do

Are new york Jews the worst Jews?

Technically it's 19.95 and no tip. Whenever my girlfriend and I go, we just split one.

I just looked up the menu, is there another sandwich that is 39.99? Or did guy one make shit up then guy 2 ran with it?

There is no $39.99 sandwich. I suppose Carnegie has one that's $29.99, but I don't think it's as good as Katz's. It does have, uh, significant amounts of meat.

>meatstack + bread is taller than it is wide

this is not a sandwich

#
Mate, you might as well put that in a container and just divide the meat when you get home so you can have 4 pastrami sandwiches for the price of 1. That could feed a whole family.

Precisely what I did. My GF and I were visiting friends in NYC, did dumb tourist things like the Carnegie deli. Sandwiches for the rest of the trip

I always thought Katz's was pretty ass. I miss the Carnegie...

youtube.com/watch?v=Kdc1958DOm4

Woollies and coles sell the corned beef cuts you fuckwit

Are you dim they buy there meat from them

It's a silverside cut.

Do people really enjoy that? It's way too much meat

He's making it himself, that's a way to do the jew.

i just moved down to canberra from brisbane. wanna meet up?

Nobody eats sandwiches like that on a regular basis. You generally go with someone else, and share it, or bring leftovers.

The "heaps of meat on thin slices of bread" is just a cultural relic from poor Jewish immigrants for whom this kind of sandwich was a sign of prosperity. It's the 20th century NY Jew verison of the flyover who goes to the local steakhouse and grunts "give it to me still mooing" while shaking with fear at the prospect of having to choose a wine and risking humiliation at breaking "the rules" inadvertently. A celebration meal, as perhaps with the first paycheck at a new job. Or something along those lines.

But the Jew thing is much easier because you just order your cel-ray soda and you're done.

Better Kosher Style delis in NYC:

Bronx:
liebmansdeli.com/

Brooklyn:
millbasindeli.com/

I wouldn't go to one in Manhattan, it'll be overpriced and not particularly good (as opposed to the above ones, which are overpriced but very good)

>and not particularly good

Katz' is by no means bad. It's just overpriced. In fact, saying all Kosher delis in Manhattan is just ignorant. Do you even know about Russ & Daughters?

So a fairly large deli buys and resells meat from an even larger deli? Does that seem like a reasonable business model to you?

>Do you even know about Russ & Daughters?
That's a place for cured fish, not cured meat.

>guise pls visit brooklyn we need ur tourist dollars
literally why

also
>liebmans
nobody wants to take the fucking metro north to yonkers just to eat pastrami