Good Recipes

I've learned that googling for recipes results in crap 9/10 times. I was occasionally lucky in the past to find some small blog with a decent recipe, but now google is dominated by shit like allrecipe, a place where every recipe is bad.

I've been getting pretty much every recipe from Good Eats, Food Wishes, Serious Eats, and Cooking With Dog for basically the past year now. Recently started looking more at Bon Appetit more, but they post a lot of food I'm not interested in eating or making. Cook Pad is hit or miss on the Japanese side and boring on the English side

What are some other good safe places to get recipes from? Ideally that are still regularly updated

If I have a specific dish in mind and want to find a recipe for it, I'll Google the dish name and Cook's illustrated. A lot of times people will literally copy paste the recipe from CI, and they are pretty consistently good

Serious Eats has some great recipes, I agree. Giallo Zafferano has some very good (and sadly also some very questionable) recipes from the classical italian kitchen. It's in italian but there are tons of pictures and google translate does the rest.

Probably will never be updated again but Mastering the Art of French Cooking is foolproof. All the recipes I've tried have been delicious so far. Also, the recipes are simple enough that you can usually add a spice or two to your tastes without messing it up. A great base to work from and I think there's a free pdf on google.

Julia Child was an actress who couldn't cook. She COWROTE all of her books. She was a SPY so was her husband. Jews have a knack for espionage, hence their constant moving around post-war throughout Europe.

>cooking with dog
Such good, wholesome feels.

avoid anything from allrecipes

food network usually has good shit. if you learn more about cooking you can usually tell if a recipe will be crap just by skimming it over. it is very obvious when a retard who doesn't know how to cook makes up a recipe sometimes.

>Good eats
Alton Brown is one of my favorite cooks. I've never been disappointed by him.

that's rude and doesn't change the fact that this cookbook is great

I fucking love food wishes and would kill to hang out with chef john. That being said the recipes are hit or miss. But you shouldnt really have to use recipes in the first place, just go for it nigger

Not trying to troll or start an argument, just sharing my experience here.

Almost every time I use a recipe from an American website, the dish comes out like crap. There are times when I make a dish and it's terrible, then I go and check the recipe, realise it's American, and suddenly it all makes sense. I'm converting the units correctly etc., so I really don't know what's going wrong. There's always something that's wrong with them, and it's different each time. Sometimes it's too sweet, sometimes it's too bland, stuff like that.

So OP, try using recipes that aren't written by Americans.

>Some bullshit story makes the recipes bad

Who cares, isn't she dead?

obsessed
b
s
e
s
s
e
d

"FRUGAL GOURMET" ALL DAY, RAPE A RACHEL RAY

"YAN CAN COOK" BETTA THAN A FUCKIN GOOK BOOK

All your sources are pretty good. Chef John is based, and humble.

In my experience it is about knowing an esoteric dish, and googling it.

Koreanbapsang.com is good for korean food, maangchi is good too, and caters to westerners as well. I usually look at both of their sites when consulting a recipe. My Kimchis are derivative of both of their styles.

I just started using chinasichuanfood.com after looking up the zucchini pancake recipe. It checked out.

Anything else, I just confer with other cooks, or people from culture X on dish Y, etc. Then google selectively. You can learn whatever you want, but you might need to look in other languages.

I found some dank chorizo recipes by googling in spanish.

Wasn't she working alongside Jacques Pepin???? You discredit Pepin too????

Not trying to troll or start an argument, just sharing my experience here.

Almost every time I use a recipe from a European website, the dish comes out like crap. There are times when I make a dish and it's terrible, then I go and check the recipe, realize it's European, and suddenly it all makes sense. I'm converting the units correctly etc., so I really don't know what's going wrong. There's always something that's wrong with them, and it's different each time. Sometimes it's too sweet, sometimes it's too bland, stuff like that.

So OP, try using recipes that aren't written by Europeans.

Heh.

Can't wait until that fuckin dog is dead

Wew lad. Too soon
F
F
F

It's already dead, and they will not make more videos.
F

Being mean to francis is literally a bannable offence and you deserve everything you get.

norecipes.com

Who hurt you?

>shit like allrecipe, a place where every recipe is bad.

> following recipes exactly
> not knowing how to evaluate and combine multiple recipes to ensure you make quality food

I'm so glad that I'm not you.

> never cooks the goddamned dog
most misleading channel name ever

>they will not make more videos
Serious? Is the channel just dead now? Has Google started removing videos, or are they all still up?

The recipes from America's Test Kitchen are bullet proof. If you want recipes that you follow step by step and get great results they're for you.