What went right?

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLP9mbCuhJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no replies
Figures. This board is filled with gen and jerry's shills

Literally the best brand of ice cream that you can find in supermarkets. Also undeniably the more "adult" brand compared to Ben & Jerry's, which seems to me like it's mostly designed for kids.

No, Haagen is mass produced B&J shit all the same too. I only purchase local, artisanal organic gelato.

bro you literally waited 45 minutes. We have threads that were made on Wednesday still in the catalog. Calm down.

Haagen Dazs double chocolate was probably the first "food addiction" I can remember. And the coffee flavour is sadly very difficult to find in the small town I live in now. If a gas station doesn't have it in their freezer I'm not gonna find it as it seems only gas stations and continence stores carry it.

They made high quality inexpensive ice cream that is widely available and tastes good?

what didn't go right is when everywhere stopped selling the mint leaves and chocolate flavour. I think the only place i can find it now is waitrose. bunch of bollocks

the devil

>I'M AN ADULT! LOOK I BOUGHT HAAGEN DAZA. LOOK. I'M AN ADULT BECAUSE OF THE ICE CREAM

No, I mean just look at the packaging of Ben and Jerry's. Look at the flavour names, look at the adverts they show on TV. Everything about it screams that it's for kids.

one of the only national brands I can find that doesn't use stabilizers and isn't full of air.

I know. but who the fuck cares.

Also. Breyers.

I think it's not necessarily a childlike that B&J's is going for, just a general easygoing fun image. Häagen-Dazs is going for the classy artisanal one.

Who gives a fuck about the branding. What makes Häagen-Dazs the better ice cream?

>adult
Kys but I also agree with HD being the best brand

Um...everything? Quality of ingredients and the flavors aren't lmfao randumb XD

>fun, creative flavors are a bad thing

Is Häagen-Dazs the most punk ice cream?

They're inherently childish, so yes.

fag

Redpill me on ice cream Veeky Forums

their flavor variety and quality

eat it like this guy for maximum flavor

youtube.com/watch?v=SLP9mbCuhJc

The best ice cream is the kind without a ton of air churned into it.

I know you might be joking but I actually ate my ice cream like this once (in private) and it actually did allow me to enjoy the flavor a whole lot more

Examples?

>that shitty marketing strategy
They go into cities where sales were never stellar or new countries
They open up chains, shit all over the mediocre ice cream served by everyone else with amazing creative treats. Even the basics like milkshakes are far better than everyone else. Then once the store has become popular and doing really well, they shut down every chain in the city and direct people to the grocery store.

I remember coming home from college and going to their mall location and getting some gross ass Hershey's milkshake because I wasn't paying attention. After I started traveling more it became apparent they did this in cities big and small all over the world. Dubai had just started getting them when I visited. When I lived in Tokyo I was told that despite being the most popular brand of ice cream in grocery stores every stand alone location in Tokyo had been shut down

>i have to prove my adulthood through ice cream
user, I

Used to work for an HD store. They were super proud of the ice cream being just ice cream, most things had 5-6 ingredients (excluding stuff like cookie dough or caramel cone where you had some other whole item in it)

>Breyers
>frozen dairy desserts

for me its like mövenpick, a relic of the past when good icecream was hard to come by and a meme with young women.
i always found it to be way too sweet, very overpriced at the actual chain, and plainly not comparable to the icecream places that opened up in the last 10 years, at least here in central europe theres been somewhat of an icecream hype and häagen-dazs doesnt have a place anymore with their 2.40€ per small ball of icecream, except with tourists.

U what bitch?

>having an ego this fucking fragile

Outside of home-made/fresh icecream Haagen Dazs is by far the best commercial icecream. Ben & Jerry's are if you want something to chew or are big into Caramel (I'm not).

I really wish Haagen Dazs made a Neapolitan instead of having to buy all three flavours.

>unzips fedora

>seems to me like it's mostly designed for kids.
Yeah, you don't say.

Literally the best ice cream on the market. Nelgian chocolate shakes are top tier.

Leave /pol/

>Not eating ultimately superior Tillamook or Umpqua brands of ice cream

How is Edy's compared to Haagen Daz? I used to like Edy's as a kid because the packaging seemed fun. Haven't had it in forever and I normally don't eat ice cream because it's for women.

>He fell for the Dairy Jew

Kek

The nonsense name.

I really enjoy Haagen-Dazs's limited edition flavors. When I was a lot younger, there was this televised competition to create a new Haagen-Dazs flavor, which I watched on the Food Network. The winning flavor was sticky toffee pudding. I bought some, and it was the best ice cream I have ever had. Of course they would discontinue it. I like their other limited edition flavors though.

Breyer's makes an amazing Rocky Road though. It has caramelized almonds instead of peanuts and the marshmallow is a swirl instead of being actual little marshmallows.

I also also think Kroger's "fancy" brand, Private Selection, makes really great ice cream. Almost all of their flavors are great.

Haagen Daz can afford internet shills I'll give them that.

Uses stabilizers/10.

A step above Breyers or generics but idk why you'd compromise on a vanity item like icecream.

>I really enjoy Haagen-Dazs's limited edition flavors.
Have you had belgian chocolate or mayan chocolate yet?

Better than spending that money putting anti-freeze into their icecream

No, I've been dieting and not buying ice cream for the last few months. I did try the Brownies a la Mode and it was actually a bit disappointing/plain.