I miss my mum's cooking. What is your favourite mum dish?

I miss my mum's cooking. What is your favourite mum dish?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamykitchen.com/88-xiao-long-bao-shanghai-steamed-soup-dumplings.html/print/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shepherd's/Cottage Pie, although mine is better than hers

Borsch and Pelmeni

Cherry Bars

>2017
>Having a mum

The day I realized that my mom grossly overcooks every single meat dish is they day I stopped letting her cook for me. The day she got defensive when I brought this up as gently as possible is they day I stopped loving her. Any mothers who like to cook looking to adopt?

Some of us are white

that doesn't even make sense, it's the dad that usually leaves

Tendies.

I wouldn't know, I have two parents

>tfw dad was always a better cook than mom
>never told anyone because it would break my mom's heart

Everything alive that's not asexual has 2 parents, biologically speaking.

>Ground beef "stew" (not really a stew, not sure how to describe it)
>Cassoulet
>Porkchops and gravy

New orleans moms are the best.

>favoUrite
>mum
hmm yeah my mom actually knows how to cook real cuisine

Oh and coq au vin too.
And chicken marsala.

Fuck off burger.

You stopped loving yer mum? That's no good.

My mother was a terrible cook

Me mum makes an awesome apple crumble cake

underrated

porcupine meatbakls
metballsnin rice with sauce. so hood

She's a narcissist and doesn't care about my feelings. And won't stop overcooking meat and becomes a raving lunatic under the slightest amount of criticism but literally never stops criticizing people. Did I mention she overcooks all meat?

moms spaghetti (legitimately was good)

My mum used to give me liver and tell me it was steak when I was a boy.

I grew up my whole life convinced that steak tasted fucking horrible. I'll never forgive her for that.

dats liver doe

My mom's not that good of a cook. I don't blame her though, because she's a nurse who works from 7am to 8 pm four days out of the week. I try to make something nice for her when I am home.

I thought that was only my mom

My mom died back when I was a little kid. I don't remember eating any food cooked by her.

her milkies

grow up, take interest in cooking, realize mom's cooking never made it past basic... but i'll never let her know.

Fajitas.

my mom passed her knowledge onto me

i can cook anything she can as good or better

>overcooks all meat
Meaning what? If it's not black, how is it overcooked?

Sugar free brownies with dates

my nigga, just made pelmeni tonight

although it was grandmother that made them for me, my mom never learned

You can't be serious

Nice form man.

Any chance you would share the recipe?

Seconded

when my mom would make a huge pot of curry and I would reheat it for days and days

she is a white berkley bitch thought not a poo in loo

burnt and undercooked mystery flavored beef in watery tomato goop over a bed of salty vaguely spaghetti-shaped shit
mom can't cook for shit, my dad's the one who cooked

Those aren't sugar free brownies.

kill yourself

Dauphinoise potatoes, but it's usually far too rich for my tastes. Small serving of that, beef/chicken schnitzel with lemon/pepper broc/cauli, light cheese sauce, dry rub filet mignon and garlic bread.

The dish that apparently cunt-struck my dad, and I can see why.

Rosemary looks like a filthy old slut

Probably the various Mexican foods she makes. I just ate some burritos my mom brought over a few hours ago, she's got that spice mixture just perfect.

Bulgogi (goes for both of my parents really, i'm white ftr)
Runner-up is steak with capsicum/hash brown/beans/hollandaise and some other sauce i forget the name of

beans and rice will never be anything better

salmon pasta

Meatloaf. I am a pretty good cook but mine always taste like shit. I even tried to make a super fancy one with premium ingredients and gelatin and her's was still way better.

She swears its nothing more than soup mix but I know she's lying.

Roast dinner and gammon/mash/cabbage

Very english, she overcooks almost everything else but i dont have the balls to tell her, she will take it to heart.

Fuckin nazi

blackberry pie

>tfw rip mom

I've learned how to make most of my mom's cooking, it tastes the same as when she makes it, but i think it's nicer to have it made for me when i visit desu

Why would you post that

beutifull

meat:
pork rib meat (can't remember which kind I used)
beef short rib meat
1/2 t MSG per lb of meat
1/2 t salt per lb of meat
1/2 small onion per lb of meat, finely chopped

alternatively you can use store bought high fat content ground beef and pork, that's what my grandmother would do. the fresh ground rib meat and MSG make a nice beefy/meaty flavor though in the end product. you can also adjust the onion amount if you want.

dough:
700 g AP flour
1 t salt
2 eggs
200 ml water
~2 T sour cream

gradually combine ingredients in order listed, kneed for a few minutes after combined, and store it covered in fridge for at least 30 minutes.

this dough is most similar to my grandmother's but it is also very delicate after cooked.

my first pic was made with xiao long bao dough as an experiment using this recipe: steamykitchen.com/88-xiao-long-bao-shanghai-steamed-soup-dumplings.html/print/

this dough was very easy to work with but the texture is not right after being boiled in the final product, may tweak it a bit. I may use the boiling water technique from the xlb recipe in the first recipe I listed above.

this will be my next experiment:
Flour > salt > part boiling water > part cold water > eggs > sour cream

to cook the pelmeni:

add to boiling water, boil until they start floating, leave boiling for 5 minutes or so after this and remove from water and place in a bowl.

add butter and toss lightly to coat, may need salt if the meat is not salty enough for your tastes. eat with sour cream or smetana if you can find it, I can't :(

Your mother cannot actually cook, you're being deceived by nostalgia. Eat something good as an alternative to something your mother would make.

rip in peace

Your mum's pussy.

>retardedly speaking

:(

Some pancakes and pies

My sister makes a fantastic philadelphia cheesecake (its a finnish thing, dunno if actual murikan)

And my other sister makes a great coconut shrimp chili soup

>rest in peace in peace

CHICKEN
AND
DUMPLINGS
Literally the best shit ever, you do not know how much I would pay to have that shit on tap

Oatmeal, probably.

It's probably the only thing my mom knows how to make well. She's a shit cook, and in general, doesn't enjoy cooking. My dad was the one who always did the cooking, which was better for everyone because he was actually good at it.

My mom was a shit cook which wasn't even a bad thing since that's what started my interest in cooking

your new is showing

sorry senpai my grandma is still kicking at 91 so I assume I have another 50 years with my ma

Mummy used to make me sweet fluffy souffle omelettes, folded over with jam inside and finished under the grill. Was very nice.

My mom used to make a quite decent pot roast. She's too old to do much of anything now, but it's a good memory.

My mom makes Salteñas, specific empanadas from bolivia. She's a good cook but her Salteñas are perfect, better than any I've had in Bolivia.

Pizza and sponge cake.

Her cunt

My mom was an ok cook, she definitely made the best with what she had (5 kids by the time I was in high school). She made good enchiladas and really great reubens and german potato salad.

The only thing she did not do well was pork. I grew up thinking pork was dry and chewy because she overcooked it every time.

I'm pretty sure chrysanthemums are poisonous. Therefore I don't believe they belong in a dish

pictured? looks tasty af