What does Veeky Forums think of homemade salsas?

What does Veeky Forums think of homemade salsas?

Any self-made variations?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HCNwSe3t8ek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never as good as Pace® Picante Sauce

Your pic looks more like a pico de gallo, which is delicious but a lot of chopping! Homemade salsa is pretty easy to make, I use canned tomatoes and a blender. It must make enough to last a few days to a week (for me only a few days.. I love mexican food lol)

i canned my own and made a thread about it a few weeks ago

10/10 would do again

I make pico about once a week, once you get your rhythm down its not that hard, plus you gain knife skills!

For salsa its even easier. I just roast all my veggies for a bit, char some jalapenos on the range and then throw them all in a food processor.

Never made it. Gimme a quick rundown on the recipe

crushed toms
real toms
tom sauce
tom juice
onion
cilantro
jalapeno
serrano
oil
rice wine vinegar
green onions/scallions
cumin
chili powder
sugar
salt
pepper

wow buddy way to over-complicate such an easy thing to make

4 different kinds of tomato for no reason, two different chiles, oil and vinegar for no reason, two different onions, cumin for no reason and fucking sugar

All those fucking ingredients and no lime/lemon juice. Fuck off.

i make 10 gallons at a time at my restaurant

it is unnecessary

>unnecessary
What's unnecessary is half your ingredients. I bet you're white.

i am

its not my recipe. its a mexicans. i am the only non mexican at my restaurant.

>white americans ruining dishes with their inability to season
Every time.

what are you talking about

its all written down, in spanish, in a book in the kitchen. its the exact same every time and the same as it was before i started working there... 5 years ago

CHI

CA

san diego actually

What kind of proportions? The rice wine vinegar sounds unusual...

it is unusual. just a splash. oil is for looks, just a small amount. i cant give you measurements because i shouldnt give out the recipe at all. i signed an nda

however, despite the hostility it is the best salsa ive ever had, especially within an hour after its made with freshly fried chips

I hear ya. Interesting recipe...

>>>
> Anonymous 02/27/17(Mon)12:22:24 No.8625693 ▶
i just realized i forgot blended garlic. lots. important ingredient

>Make it at my restaurant
>Only white at my restaurant

>Not actually his restaurant

i just work there. didnt mean to imply it was mine. i am the manager though. i answer to the owner. small business, maybe 13 employees

Hello can any beaners teach me how to cook and spice mexican food?

I am specifically interested in:

>how to salsa - not real hot but still spicey (do you use cilantro???)
>how to spicy chili - jalapenos good??
>also can i add a sweet flavor to it? whats a good combo? jalapeno and pineapple?
>how to beans - plain pinto and black beans taste like shit. How do I get them good? Do I boil them then fry them?
>how to pico tomato
>how to pico corn

what does pico mean anyway? is it a spice?

I have never cooked before so dont come at me with your bourgeois shit like "reductions"or whatever other tricks you posh fucks use. Thanks.

'$!6#

Are you saying this is much like grandmas recipe because of you are your family should take gargantuan amounts of cyanide just as a favor to the world

>i signed an nda
So?
Nobody will catch you or care, post proportions.

>pico
It just means chopped
Ponte a picar las verduras / get to chopping the veggies as basic translation
Oil or vinegar and sugar dont really belong in salsa

weeks old salsa will turn into something like a vinegar with it being so sweet

I hope you are joking.
Once you get used to eating fresh pico de gallo, eating salsa out of the jar is disgusting.

what do you even mean. there is no grandma involved. it's just large batches made every day.

trips demands it, but this is the original 5 gallon recipe, so you'll have to do the math yourself

2 cans crushed toms and half can tom sauce in. we used to blend them first
fair amount of green onions in. i use a quart sized (32 oz) container to prep
half cup vegetable oil in. this is just for a sheen. too much is real bad
splash of rice wine vinegar in quarter cup or so
5-7 bunches cilantro, 5 jalapenos, 5 serranos, (less if large peppers) chopped, not de-seeded, 3/4 cup minced garlic (we grind cloves in oil) and half carton tomato juice in robocoupe. pulse. not too fine. into mixture
1 gallon container full of large diced fresh tomatoes into robocoupe. add other half of tomato juice. pulse. again, not too fine. into mixture
1 gallon container or more if desired full of large diced onions into robocoupe. 1 carton tomato juice in. as before, pulse and add. to stretch you can use up to 2 gallons

1/4 cup cumin, chili powder, sugar in
1/8 cup salt and pepper in

whisk a lot

and the cans are #10s

What's the best way to make pico de gallo?

finely dice onion
cut jalapeno or other chiles in half lengthwise, then cut into semicircles, thin as you can
finely dice tomato
finely chop cilantro
salt optional

what liquid you use afterwards is up to you. many places/people use lime juice, but ive seen vinegar used as well, which works surprisingly well

Thanks!

salsa spectrum brah

youtube.com/watch?v=HCNwSe3t8ek