Thoughts on this Blue Apron shit?

Thoughts on this Blue Apron shit?
They've been shilling pretty hard lately. I've seen commercials all over TV and on facebook ads.
Also they sent me a discount coupon with an amazon order recently which I thought was strange.
Anyhow is this shit better/cheaper than going to the grocery store? I don't really see a point in it unless you live out in the middle of nowhere.

>I don't really see a point in it unless you live out in the middle of nowhere.
on the contrary, it's great if you live somewhere densely populated and you don't want to make a side trip to the grocery store and wait for the train again before heading home. suburbia is where it's most pointless because you're going to be driving all over the place anyway, and you have a trunk in which to put 2 weeks worth of groceries instead of just carrying a few day's worth of food in a bag like a normal person

since i don’t know the quantity on anything i’m going to be very generous with the prices.. i’m sure they’re actually much lower

cucumber: $1
snow peas: $1.5
sugar snap peas: $1.5
pea shoots: grow at home fairly easily but whateve. $2
green beans: $2
spinach:$1
spring onion: $.5
mint? : $.5
salmon: $9
chicken: $6
ground beef lamb mix:$6
lemons: $1
garlic: $.25
pasta: $.5
rice: $.5
mushrooms: $2
i don’t know what knick knacks are but i’m going to assume it’s dry seasoning and give it a generous value of $3

59.94 for MAYBE $40.25 worth of food? no thanks.

also this is leaf math.. our food is significantly more expensive so that markup us higher for usa

My girlfriend got a gift card for Christmas... She got it delivered to my place so I could make it with her. Had a total of six meals. Three of them were forgettable. Like, Applebee's levels of mediocre. The other three were good enough to make again for a weeknight dinner, with one being actually impressive for being delivered in a cardboard box.

All in all though it's just overly expensive and really not worth it unless you don't care about money. But if you don't care about money you'll probably just eat out every night, so u don't really know who it's meant for considering the price. Meh, glad I tried it for free. Wouldn't pay for it.

Is this a service for people with autism that need every single ingredient to weight exactly the same each time they want to cook or something?

advertising does not equal 'shilling'

No, it's for people who want to delude themselves into thinking that they're actually good at cooking.

It's meh. Semi quality ingredients. Serving sizes are terribly small.

stop posting, blue apron marketer.

Correct. Advertising means they bought an ad. Shilling means they post as an user talking about all the wonders and conveniences of the Blue Apron service. For example, this is a stealth shilling thread.

Whatever "knick knacks" are I'm sure they could have found a much better and much less annoying way to describe it

they're the 5 or 6 different 10g containers of random stuff that come with each box

stuff that isn't necessarily nutritionally relevant so the autistic NEETs of Veeky Forums will get triggered by it, but if you bought them at the grocery store they only come in huge containers and the rest will go bad because it's obscure stuff you'll never use. random spices, sauces, concentrates, etc.

Veeky Forums has only heard of pepper, salt, ranch, sriracha, mayo, and mrs. dash, so obviously there would be no point.

no, it's for people who aren't mentally ill hoarders who like to eat stale/rotten food because they bought everything in bulk to "save money"

this is how retarded people think, everyone

No, it's for people who want to make more meals at home but don't have the time, skill or knowledge to plan out every meal.

It's a service for wealthier people who don't have the time/patience to regularly go grocery shopping but still enjoy cooking meals. It also seems to appeal to the uncreative (not in a pejorative way, just my take) in giving them types of foods they would not normally cook.

Looks like a lot of wasted plastic and packaging. As a vegan I would shun anyone who used this service.

friend of mine does this and I've cooked a few meals with him. IMO it's not worth the price but he doesnt have alot of time to shop plus sometimes he can stretch it into 3 meals.

the one major benefit I see from it is it forces you to try new things in the kitchen you might not have done otherwise.

>I actually agree with something a retarded vegan says
BRB becoming an hero

for me it's not so much about "enjoying cooking meals", I do plenty of that on weekends

I want to eat a reasonably high quality, varied meal in the comfort of my own home during the week, without grocery trips or hoarding ingredients like a doomsday prepper. I don't like to use the same ingredients over and over, and with the amount I'd be spending buying different stuff and throwing out the unused bits, this isn't more expensive and is actually quite a bit cheaper

delivery is slow and the meals are steamed up and soggy when they get to me, and I don't know what went into them. with BA I can literally see and handle what went into my food, and it's faster than going online, placing an order, and waiting around for the food to arrive

that might sound crazy to someone in his early 20s who is just learning to cook and thinks of this as a squandered opportunity to learn, but I'm 40 and I cooked weeknights and weekends for decades before doing this

I can assure you it's a much superior way of life