Is olive oil a meme food?

Is olive oil a meme food?
I think it tastes awful, just liquid bitterness.
Why would anybody want to drizzle this on their food to finish it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogallala_Aquifer
latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-g-california-drought-map-htmlstory.html
usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/02/18/southern-california-storm-floods-mudslides-accidents/98083354/
scientificamerican.com/article/israel-proves-the-desalination-era-is-here/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, its a pretty bad cooking oil and using it on salads is stupid

Having worked as a olive oil salesman id say your lame
Your family is lame just the same
Olive oil is great yet you are not case closed
Reminder oil and water just dont mix so very well

You're not convincing me.
Not a very good salesman if you ask me.

Look man, I got a wife and five kids to feed just buy the goddamn oil

Trader Joe's garlic EVOO

That's good shit.

Yeah your just shit material to work with

Sorry just not gonna waste anyones time

I cook with it but putting it on salads and shit seems gross

"No".

To both.

Pleb.

If you don't like the taste that's understandable. Some people have palates of children. The stuff is great and great for you.

Alright well I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt but have it your way.

Coconut oil seems like a cool guy. It tastes great and you can even put it in your coffee.

the trader joes california estate olive oil was ranked really high I remember.

Personally I prefer to buy California olive oil if I can find it.

Olive oil is good for some things, but people who try to use it everywhere are missing the point even if it is a healthy oil.

I don't understand people who cook eggs in it.

've 'il is great on chicken breasts or broccoli/other veggies. It takes too long to fry with it, but otherwise its better to put it on dishes before serving or just before taking it off of a heat source

I like how people trying to lose weight dump tons of this stuff on their salads

>i was going to give you the benefit of the doubt
Well that's nice
Anyhow whats in it for you being as such

so randum lol xD

What's random about it?

>I like how people trying to lose weight dump tons of this stuff on their salads

It's the year 200017 and he still thinks that eating fat is what makes you fat

Calories make you fat
Oils have a lot of calories

>It's the year 2000017 and he thinks that all calories are the same.

Are you implying olive oil doesn't add to weight gain?

Yes, you will get fat if you consume more calories than you burn off. You cannot change the laws of physics.

I'm implying that it's very difficult to eat over 2000 calories a day in meat, cheese, oil, and nuts.

Most people (in america) are fat fucks because they fell for the food pyramid, and get 75% of their daily calorie intake from grains.

1 TBsp of olive oil is 120 calories. If you put a lot of that shit on your salad you will have a 1000 calorie salad.

Not my fault you buy shit oil

Protip: That shit you posted isn't real olive oil

>not buying high quality Tunisian olive oil
plebs

>not cooking entirely with avocado oil
Never going to make it.

>1 TBsp of olive oil is 120 calories. If you put a lot of that shit on your salad you will have a 1000 calorie salad.

Then don't do that.

Who the fuck puts 10 tablespoons of oil on a single serving of salad

Fat people
user is probably exaggerating though, but plenty of people pour a shitton of oil on salads.

That was the entire point of this topic. The man was talking about people who do that.

>oh god what have I done

Why would you put a shit ton of oil on a salad?
Nigger get some red wine vinegar.
It's 45 calories a CUP

I don't see how vinegar would replace oil

>I don't see how vinegar would replace oil
you mix them so the flavor is better, and you're not drinking straight oil.

>he thinks that all calories are the same
outside of making sure your nutritional goals are achieved, they are the same

eating 3000 calories of lean meat will still convert to body fat

Please be trolling.
I beg you please let this post be bait.
Nobody can legitimately be this ignorant about macronutrients.

Did reddit raid Veeky Forums, or are more and more coming here?

Be cool guy like Russians and use sunflower oil for everything.

Yeah, I generally use red wine vinegar to mix with the oil that I drink with friends. Much more refreshing imo

>go to anons house for the party
>arrive with a pricey cabernet
>user says don't worry about it
>he's got the libations covered
>oh god damn it not again
>user brings out chilled vinegar and olive oil in a fucking carafe
>again

It tastes pretty good on rice, salad and other stuff that has no real flavor at first. Also pretty healthy and will make you live longer.

Don't be a fag, OP.

>Also pretty healthy and will make you live longer.
Oh is that so doc?

This right here. This is the good stuff.

i think it tastes pretty good though, thats why i drizzle it on a variety of my foods and use it as my base cooking oil

That shit is walmart bullshit.

Olive oil isn't healthy

Yes it is.

You can get Plugra at Walmart too doesn't mean it's bad faglord

calories in/calories out faggot

The vast majority, even "fancy" brands, when actually tested are mixes of a variety of cheaper oils.
Only some california brands tested for 100% pure olive oil and who knows how long california agriculture will last.

If any italians wanna get triggered that your authentico bullshit is a cheap knock off mix you only have your own mob-tainted market to blame.

>who knows how long california agriculture will last.
???

Well you can literally see their water sources being depleted over time and that combined with the intensive farming of plants like olives and nuts has been destroying the biomass and general health of the soil exacerbating ongoing drought conditions.
The real problem is that once you've degraded the soil like that even when you get more water you've destroyed the ground's ability to hold onto it so it all washes away and causes erosion further degrading the soil, even worse with intense rainfall like what is happening now.

Aquifers are a whole other matter too and take a long time to fill up again even with consistent rain over years and years, much slower than the rate at which we draw on the reserves.

The situation with california and its luxury crops will be a bad joke next to the crisis when the aquifer that fuels the breadbasket of america runs dry.

>california is in a drought
California just had a major storm that's completely refilled all the reservoirs. Try watching the news some time.

are you guys retarded?

you have to use olive oil if you eat food . its either that or butter.

pick one

WHAT FUCKING FOOD ARE YOU EATING IF YOU DONT NEED TO PUT A FAT ON IT

twinkies????

any whole food you make yourself needs added olive oil or butter , every single cooked food i can think of

>Is a culinary staple consumed regularly for thousands of years by a chunk of Europe that served as the cradle of western civilization a meme food?

Well either you're too stupid and/or have to short an attention span to read properly or you're baiting.
Either way, I feel nothing but pity for you.

not an argument

OP doesnt cook ANYTHING

it literally is impossible for it to be a meme food when every single cooked food on planet earth requires butter or olive oil

Factless fear-mongering.

that's the point, people put 750 calories of ranch dressing on their salad w/ croutons and cheese,meats, etc and wonder why they aren't losing weight from their """healthy""" 1000 calorie salad.

Califag here.

Don't think you realize how fucking hard we got hit these past few months. The drought has been almost completely lifted for the ENTIRE state. This isn't 2014 anymore.

Don't be so dramatic cupcake. We had a rainy winter.

That's all.

Avocado oil is where it's at.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogallala_Aquifer

>Since 1950, agricultural irrigation has reduced the saturated volume of the aquifer by an estimated 9%. Once depleted, the aquifer will take over 6,000 years to replenish naturally through rainfall

>The depletion between 2001 and 2008, inclusive, is about 32% of the cumulative depletion during the entire 20th century
>Cumulative total groundwater depletion in the United States accelerated in the late 1940s and continued at an almost steady linear rate through the end of the century

>Some estimates indicate the remaining volume could be depleted as soon as 2028

Lol white ppl

Coconut oil is amazing. Delicious.

No it's true.

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-g-california-drought-map-htmlstory.html

Unless you're in south cali in which case you should kys anyway

>The real problem is that once you've degraded the soil like that even when you get more water you've destroyed the ground's ability to hold onto it so it all washes away and causes erosion further degrading the soil, even worse with intense rainfall like what is happening now.

Got a source for that?

Yes I said it was a rainy winter

It's not any more dramatic than that.

>WE GOT HIT SO FUCKING HARD

Not who you're replying to but even with the drought over (for now) the aquafiers are being depleted at an unsustainable rate and the south of the state still relies on the Colorado River Aqueduct to provide enough potable water.

>statewide storm that ended the drought in the entire state
>just a rainy winter

>babby's first wet year

>aquafiers are being depleted at an unsustainable rate
That's what they say is happening worldwide. Desalination technology will advance and lessen our reliance on groundwater. Not a big deal at all. Stop with the stupid fear mongering you tinfoil hat wearing tard.

>just a rainy winter

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/02/18/southern-california-storm-floods-mudslides-accidents/98083354/
>A Pacific storm system over southern California — one of the most powerful to hit the area in years
>just a rainy winter

Yeah haha do you know the last time we had a storm like this?

A few years ago. I understand you're young and autistic. I get that this is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to you.

>it rained a lot

>Unless you're in south cali in which case you should kys anyway

You do realize that almost all of California's agriculture is in the Central Valley and Southern California, right?

In YEARS! OMG!

Mein Niller. Columela is GOAT tier EVOO for the price point.

>storm completely ends statewide drought
>refills all reservoirs
>mandatory evacuations in several cities
>floods in several cities
>just a rainy winter

I'd hate to see what you guys would consider a real storm.

Just wait for the big quake next month kiddo

It's gonna be a doozy

>9.0 earthquake happens
>bridges collapse
>billions of damage in property
>just a quaky spring

The flooding is because infrastructure like dams and curb drainage have been neglected for years.

>here's my source of up to 2013 to prove you wrong

>Rodney King riots
>three days of looting and rioting
>Los Angeles is burning
>national guard deployed
>just a hectic week

>WW2
>intense war across the globe
>6 gorillion jews burned in ovens
>3% of the world's population killed
>two atomic bombs dropped on japan
>just a hectic few years

All right kid, fine.

It was a natural catastrophe on my rivaled by a biblical flood from which there were only two survivors.

We're lucky the ONSLAUGHT of water didn't crack the foundation of the Earth and spill all of California into the Pacific ocean.

In fact, it's a MIRACLE any of us survived to tell the story of the terrible torrent.

>surely revolutionary technology HAS to be invented that would make desalination not prohibitively expensive compared to modern water sources, people want it and it would be bad if it doesn't happen so it MUST happen
Wew, dodged a bullet there, guess I'll go call a flying taxi cab to get my cancer, aids and old age vaccination too since technology appears just because we want it

>m-m-m-MUH FACTS
Stop your stupid millennial fear mongering already.

Desalination technology is available now.

Good to know we'll all have unlimited water forever now :^)

NO THE EARTH IS DYING AND WE'RE THE REASON WHY AND THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT IT'S TOO LATE

We are actually building a massive desal plant off the coast of San Diego

And it's prohibitively expensive compared to other water sources.

Do they just not teach you kids how to read a whole sentence these days?

>compared to other water sources

You mean rivers and lakes? Well then yes kiddo it is more expensive than literally scooping it into a bucket.

You won this round...

More or less.

scientificamerican.com/article/israel-proves-the-desalination-era-is-here/
>One of the driest countries on Earth now makes more freshwater than it needs

It would cost more yes but if the groundwater dried up then we would be forced to do it. Thanks to the water cycle, we would have endless water.

Yeah. One of the few things Brown is doing right.

We have decades to improve the technology. Also:

>all the groundwater is used up
>government decides to die instead of desalinating because it's too expensive
Right...

Yeah, why would a massive increase in the cost of food matter at all.

Now lets see them do it without the billions and billions they get in foreign aid.

>We have decades to improve the technology
>it just HAS to happen because we want it to and I don't want to consider what happens if we don't get lucky.
Yeah same as how it only took a couple decades to find the cure for cancer, oh wait...

>Yeah same as how it only took a couple decades to find the cure for cancer, oh wait...
Fallacy. We don't have a cure for cancer. We do have the technology to desalinate. If we had to use desalination technology or die from dehydration we would obviously use desalination technology. As far as the economics is concerned, America is the richest nation on earth and spends hundred of billions of dollars on our military every year. Even the most far-right of politicians would agree solving a water crisis would warrant divergence of funds from our military budget.

You don't have an argument.