Hershey's

>Hershey's

Why does their chocolate taste like actual vomit?

Because you have correctly functioning tastebuds.

because you ate so much of it as a kid that you would vomit, now you associate the flavor of their fine artisan chocolates with vomit, because you are a privileged elite. check it.

Because it's made from real cow's milk, unlike European chocolate, which is made from the dehydrated sweat of Arabic goats.

I once had one of those abominations and it was disgusting

It's what Americans crave.

I don't mind their milk chocolate mini bars, but their dark chocolate is terrible.

Hershey's tastes bad because the milk used to make the chocolate is lipolyzed. They basically ferment the milk and convert part of it to butyric acid because that ingredient lasts longer and cuts overhead costs for Hershey's. The "downside" is that it makes the chocolate taste tangy and sort of like stomach acid.

>American """"""""""chocolate""""""""""

Interesting. I drink Kefir so maybe that's why I don't mind their milk chocolate.

95% sugar, 4% something, 1% somehow chocolate related. 100% diabetes in the shape of a bar.

Trying really hard for a fpbp aren't you lad?

>fine artisan chocolates
>chocolate flavored corn syrup
Wew

Butyric acid

Hershey uses milk solids instead of liquid milk, and a small amount of butyric acid is created when milk solids are heated, but not with liquid milk.

European and Japanese manufacturers all use liquid milk for chocolate production.

Butyric acid is what makes vomit tastes like vomit.

American companies intentionally sour their milk because that is what their market desires. They tried switching to normal milk once and sales plummeted.

Burgers have plebeian tastes.

i was born and raised in pennsylvania and i think it's great

it's definitely an acquired taste though

As an American, Hershey chocolate is one of the candies I refuse to eat. Ghirardelli chocolate is made in San Francisco not far from my house and it's some of the best American chocolate I've had. However I much prefer it's European counterparts as most American sweets are way too sugary for my palate. It makes me sad that American candy makers feel the need to include massive amounts of sugar in all their Confections.

I don't get the whole vomit comparison but I think Hershey's just tastes very one note and boring.

Their Chocolate Syrup is still GOAT and I'll stab you if you argue otherwise.

>ghiardelli dark chocolate and caramel

>sort of like stomach acid

Not it tastes exactly of stomach acid, because butyric acid is literally what makes your vomit smell of, well, vomit.

Had one the other day and you people are crazy. It is no where close to what you say it tastes like.

I had some kinder chocolate too and while it is better than Hershey, Hershey is no where near vomit tasting.

God damn children