Chopsticks what not to do

Chopsticks what not to do.

Half of this is stuff you wouldn't do with western cutlery.

In fact call me autistic, but bad manners with any cutlery really pisses me off. Young kids are excused but my autism is triggered especially when it's actually fully grown adults.

>don't bring the bowl to your face

Bullshit, didn't read any further.

Wow what a surprise, nips are uptight assholes

I would do all of these things if ever I was a suicidal loser visiting Japan

Yea most of the list is bullshit. Literally its all common sense with the two exceptions being don't pass food and don't stick your chopsticks in your food

shoveling is a pro strat. rest I can agree with

>Be me
>Home alone
>Super ducking hungry
>Make some rice
>I pick up my chopstick and and shakily move them over the bowl
>As the sticks near the rice I lost control and pick up the bowl, shovelling the rice in my mouth
>My windows shatter and FBI operatives swarm around me
>Fire warning shots into my head to ensure I am peaceful during the arrest process
>I am brought to the station
>No trial - there is no need for one
>I am let off with a paltry 15 years in maximum security

I never understood all the food gestapo bullshit that comes with eating """correctly.""" As long as I'm not being disgusting or rude I should be able to hold my fucking salad spoon between whatever fingers I want to.

faggot

I actually thought it considered polite in many circumstances to always lift your rice or soup bowl to eat from. Would it not follow that shovelling is okay?

It is, this list is just stupid. While I was in Japan I watched people do this.

i was brought up on this shit. i know western manners most people haven't heard of (example, to finish a bowl of soup, tip the bowl away from yourself on a 45 degree angle and spoon up what you can)
i definitely notice when people do things "wrong" but mostly to remark to myself on how insane it is that i was even made conscious of most of the bullshit.. i really thought for the longest time that it's universal but i realize now that it's only for extreme uptight autists like my mom's family. and isn't indicative of class at all.
i am easily and overly triggered by gross eating habits, though. drinking before you've swallowed your food is probably the worst offender

Having eaten with friends who are actual Chinese people many times half of these things are absolutely fine, especially impaling. That's why they're pointy.

>he thinks Chinese people come from Japan

Okay in Japan, nobody cares in China, absolute no-no in Korea.

Didn't see the japanese bit, my bad.

Why can't you search your dish for the food you want? This makes no sense. Sometimes I want a piece of meat before I go ham on the bok choy

To be clear, in Korea, you can lift the bowl but only for finishing soups.

>Taught obscure and anal table manners
>Still doesn't capitalize first word of a sentence

What the fuck was wrong with your parents?

>Some faggot numale weeb dickhole with rich parents went for a graphics design major that cost about 230,000 US dollars to complete and was hired by some small liberal-progressive LLC to produce infographics adhering to irritating facebook trends and without a hint of fucking research this absolute cringe image was created in 6 months for roughly 80,000 dollars based off of the limited social queues this faggot Wapanse scarf-wearing shithead derived from his lifetime of watching Chinese pedophilia cinematography and his 5 day trip to japan with his aging and dying baby-boomer parents

Accurate observation, but cheer up, buddy.

Define disgusting or rude, because theres a massive amount of variation depending on where you grew up and its pretty far up your own ass to think you learned the correct way and everyone else in the world is wrong.

sorry, i didn't realize we were being marked on this

Ah, beg your pardon.