Whats the /ck consensus on bullying cubes?

Whats the /ck consensus on bullying cubes?

I use one beef, and one vegetable per huge pot. I find that its a nice combo, regardless of the usual lack of vegetables.

>bullying cubes

HahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAH
What do you think they do, insult hot water until it gets beefier?
It's bouillon, you mong

>bullying cubes
Thats not nice user, what did they possibly do to deserve that :(

They were being squares.

>bullying cubes
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Bullying Cubes Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Kitchen Like Nigga Close Your Cupboard Haha

>what's a joke

pls no bully

It's a bit of an antiquated 'ingredient' I suppose. I have never really seen it used in modern cooking although my traditional mother and grandmother use it constantly in their Hungarian dishes. I have tried it a few times myself and will admit that it's quite good.

>pls no bullion

kek

Knorr makes these seasoning MiniCubes things that I like. They're aimed at the Latin American market and come in flavors like cilantro and chipotle. They're good for punching up rice.

>pic

top puf

tip top kek

the 747 sent my sides flying

Pretty sure it was a typo not a joke

Here's your (You).

I find the meat ones too salty and to have little to no flavour. Marigold bullion powder is pretty good. Better Than Bullion paste is my current go-to because it's more economical and I prefer to the taste.

If you use bullion cubes instead of stock you're a pleb

Not everyone has the time to boil down bones for many hours. Bullion is a perfectly respectable timesaver, and yes, stock is absolutely much nicer. If I've got time to make stock, I do. When I don't, I don't.

Something that's actually funny

>bullying cubes

That is mean

Out fucking skilled

O. yea. forgot about that.

Pls do not bully

>bullies go into the Shame Cube

most underrated Veeky Forums post of all time

I've been an advocate for making your own stock for quite a while, but it takes a fair amount of time and space to keep all those jars for regular cooking. I've since moved over to stock cubes in the recent months just out of convenience. It may not impart the flavor of homemade stock, but it does give flavor from its respective flavor profile; chicken, beef, vegetable.. which still works out in the end.

>bullying cubes
>mfw I have no face

go back to /tv/ faggot

Random bump because this board is slow as fuck.

Akari-chan does not approve of bouillon.

If I don't have any of my own stock in they make an alright alternative to not using any at all. If I'm making soup or something I'll do a half veg cube and half veggie. That combo gives it a bit of richness I've found it hard to replicate otherwise.

tippity top banter in this thread

>bullying cubes

Hey what fuck did a 3 dimensional object do to you

I've used a beef bouillon cube to good effects with onions for soup, but otherwise, I dislike how salty these things are and prefer canned stock.

V. Good post

I didn't think that Finns needed bouillon what with all the cat bones in the broth and all

are you saying bouillon cubes are antiquated? what the fuck man.

Here in the UK very few people buy/have the option to buy liquid stock. Most supermarkets just don't stock it. Everyone uses bouillon in everything.

I have my suspicions that most commercial liquid stock is nothing more than hydrated bouillon anyway, but still - it's a shame.

>I have never really seen it used in modern cooking

You haven't seen much modern cooking, then. It is getting used in almost every restaurant kitchen in the western world.

In Australia we can buy liquid stock and it's definitely better than cubes and powders but it's a lot more expensive.

It comes in those cardboard tetra packs like you get long life milk in. Usually at the factory they get all the left over chicken frames and guts then put them in a big boiler with salt, veg and a whole heap of other nasty shit then drain the liquid and pack it.

It's better taste wise but not worth the extra coin to be honest with you family

Especially when they have to compete with imported stock cubes from the Philippines and Indonesia which are loaded with palm oil, msg and all sorts of other super tasty things that are probably illegal in first world cunts

The larger braches of supermarkets sometimes have ready made stocks, but they are always super expensive because it's the ~finest~ or whatever brand meme they're doing today.
And it will almost always be unusable due to tasting of salt, or having things that will make me ill in them.

And ALL the cubes and tiny one-use pots have way too much salt in them.
I can't taste anything but salt in them, and it makes anything they're used in inedible to me.

Dry bouillon is better and much less salty.

Troubled Bullying Cube Dottie is a common meme on this board fämäläm

Here in Belgium they do have concentrated liquid stock called fond that you can dilute to make a decent stock. Costs more though, most people just go for the cubes or the jelly packs.

Ive never even heard of liquid stock before this thread

Im learningn

I don't get it

"bullying cubes" made me laugh, so I guess it's a joke.

I heard it's pretty good, I don't like them much however. To each is zone

Could I make stock from the left over fluids of my awesome chicken wings?