Did you make your parents order for you despite you sitting right there when you went to restaurants as a kid?

Did you make your parents order for you despite you sitting right there when you went to restaurants as a kid?

All the way until age 15.

Why

Shy kid, grew out of it in high school and now create public spectacles. Autism truly is a spectrum.

no, my parents made me make my own order
they probably would have let me go hungry if i refused to speak up

I was a super shy kid, but I honestly think I was at least confident enough to order my own food. I liked feeling like an adult.

I always used to order the expensive shit, though. I remember they'd come out with lobster or clams or whatever the hell it was and hand it to my dad, and he'd be like "nah I had the spaghetti and meatballs."

Asshole

Does anyone else order for their girlfriend at a restaurant? Like she'll tell me what she wants, but when the waiter comes around I'm the one who tells him her order. I don't even know why I do it, just feels right to me.

i honestly dont remember fampai

i would assume i ordered my own shit

My dad would make me order myself and he'd hit me if I didn't look the waitress in the eye
Needless to say I'm a NEET with no social skills now.

my autist brother did this up till like age 25

Yeah. A lot of people just opt to have one person tell the waiter(tress) the party's entire order

Sometimes, really impress her when I ask for special requests she likes to make for her.

Refuse to believe this

I don't remember my parents ever ordering for me. I think I ordered for myself as soon as I could read/talk.

no joke. he was in college. we were at Denny's and I thought he was going to order but just started mumbling so my mom spoke up for him and ordered his spaghetti and got popcorn shrimp as a side. I bitched a whole lot about that to her and when it came she also cut his spaghetti for him since he is a baby and can't eat it like a normal human and I just wanted to leave at that point.

he also wears sweatpants out into public a lot. and won't shave himself he grows what looks like an Amish persons beard and only will get it cut and shaved by a barber.

No. What we did was tell dad what everyone wanted and then he would just tell the waiter. I have a lot of brothers so it's easier and nobody wants to wait and go around the table asking a bunch of little kids separately.

Only until I was old enough to not be shy around strangers - maybe 5 or 6 years old.

Kek

Why are they eating maki with french fries?

Because it's a dumb stock image

What's it like being raised by someone who isn't a narcissist, anons?

>this is what europeans actually think americans actually do

My parents stopped taking me to restaurants because I'd refuse to stop sitting under the table.

I was a pretty shy kid and didn't order my own food until I was around 8. I think I had occasional lapses of confidence talking to strangers up to age 11 or 12.

Hell no. Dad was the head of the household so he ordered for everyone.

I still do this

i'm 20 and have such bad anxiety around most people, when i open my mouth to speak no sound comes out

Are you me?

I order by my self most of the time when I'm out with family, but sometimes my dad just orders for everyone if we have discussed what we will eat.

just b urself :^)

I used to have a stutter and my siblings would mock me if I fucked up an order in front of a waitress so I would just tell my mom before hand and she'd order for me.

It wasn't until high school I was able to order by myself because my friends and I ate out a lot and they didn't give a shit if I messed up once or twice.

Started ordering for myself at about 8 years old.

I do sometimes if my anxiety kicks in and when I know when I'm going to stutter

Kek, you're a legend user.