Does anyone else get upset by this?

Does anyone else get upset by this?
It's just taking the epic real men eat rare steak meme too fucking far when I look into my burger and it's all pink and gross
There is NOTHING good about seeing your burger looking like THIS

Oveercooked beef has no flavor, and is only suitable for people with the palletes of children

>hurr its beef not a steak

Doesn't matter, beef that has flavor and juice is better than beef with zero flavor because ya COOKED THE SHIT OUTTA IT

If the meat is fresh / ground on the premises and the pink meat inside is firm and not mushy then there's nothing wrong with it.

I agree, I like my steak med rare, but ground beef is a different story. That being said if someone wants to eat it that way they can eat it that way. Other people could drop ground beef on the ground raw, step on it a few times and eat it off the floor for all I care.You'd gotta be pretty sensitive/got the 'tism if the way other people like to have their food cooked emotionally impacts you.

i'd also like that to be less pink. but my main problem is how soggy it is

That one's a tad overcooked, but I'd still eat it.

If the beef isnt contaminated then whats wrong? Some places ground their own beef from steaks. Thats okay and tastes better.

it's always really funny when people use the 'texture' being superior as the reason they eat raw ground beef, as if meat isn't the consistency of a wet sponge after you mince it
burgers should not be thick enough to allow any of the inside to be pink after you've browned both sides, and if they are, you're doing it wrong

Wrong.

Do people not realize you can have a completely brown inside burger patty and still have it be juicy as fuck?

I do. But i think with prime meat it tastes better med rare

>raw ground beef
>"""flavor"""

okay, it just tastes like bloody meat

Medium rare is not raw.

this

>making burgers with prime meat

except if its ground it literally is

>Brother's firend has a birthday party
>They make hamburgers
>Grill's broken so they use the skillet in their kitchen
>Get my hamburger
>Patty's as thick as OP's image, but not as wide
>It was almost like eating a bloated slider
>Take a bite
>Inside's raw
RAW.
>hear brother say "I like my burgers with a little pink in the middle"
>no one else is complaining either
>Don't wanna be rude, so I take another bite and leave the rest.

So yeah, I'm kinda biased with my burgers.

I'm fine with a bit of pink color in my burgers. I'd actually prefer them to have a bit of pink than to be well done and way too dried out.

That hamburger is gross, though. See the bottom bun? See how the juice is already soaking in? Why get a beverage when you're gonna be drinking burger drippings the entire fucking time?

This. If you trust the quality and freshness of the beef along with the hygiene of the conditions under which it was ground a rare burger can be fucking delicious. Especially with raw red onion and blue cheese. But this is only worth doing at a place that's pretty particular about their beef.

we NEED flags on Veeky Forums

I don't mind a medium-rare burger, but if I wanted a fully rare burger, I'd order beef tartare instead. Raw burgers aren't good, the fat has no time to melt, so you get a chewy, warmish burger. If you want that, just go somewhere and order tartare, it's so much better.

How safe would it be to have it ground at a grocery store and then keep it in the fridge for a few days if I wanted to make it at home?

If your grocery store has its own butcher shop it becomes a question of how much you trust the butcher and whoever is sourcing the meat. Most grocery store ground beef is the worst quality stuff you can get short of buying prepackaged stuff ground at the slaughterhouse. The greater your assurance your ground beef is far removed from that option the more rare you can cook it. I only trust a butcher who grinds it in front of me and can tell me where the meat is sourced. 30 Years ago I ate supermarket beef raw/rare if it came from upscale places. Today I'm much more picky.

Cool meme but there's nothing wrong with that aside from cost. If you can afford it, why not?

PLEASE

Nope. The definition literally does not change just because it literally is ground beef. Literally.

This. If you have access to great quality chuck and short rib you can make burgers as good or better than most steaks.

Is there anything we can do? Flag-based banter would make Veeky Forums great again.

>unfunny shit thread
>a fucking leaf every time
>unintentionally funny thread
>based austrailia
>every time

That's kinda what I meant. Just pointing to a cut of chuck and asking them to grind it there. Definitely not just buying the pre-ground stuff.

>where the meat is sourced
How important is this? I live in Texas and I'm fairly certain most of what we get is local, especially at HEB, but I dunno if it's industrial or if that even matters.

>australia
>based

not sure what timeline you're in but it sure ain't mine, bud

t. leafposter

t. 3rd worlder cuck

that burger is about 3 or 4 times the size it needs to be.

burger patties should be thin and cooked until they are crispy. if you think you want a 1/2 pound burger that's red inside, you should just get a steak.

eh that's preference. you can have a juicy burger that isn't medium rare and still be thick (it'd be about medium).

making it thin is great for a crust but you will lose juiciness. it's a trade off that some people will like some people won't.