Hey Veeky Forums. im not from ur board so forgive me for lacking etiquette...

hey Veeky Forums. im not from ur board so forgive me for lacking etiquette. Im coming upon the end of a week long water fast, and all i can think of eating is brisket. I plan on cooking some up however i dont have a smoker or even a grill as i travel every 3 months for my wife's job. To get around this i had planned on just cooking it in a crock pot (slow cooker) more along the style of mexican cooking so i can make brisket tacos. i have done a decent amount of searching, and my mother's side of the family is spanish (from spain) so im quite familiar with this style of seasoning/cooking. This is going to be my first time making brisket and i want it to be as amazing as possible so i was wondering if anyone had any recipe's or tips they could share. thanks in advance!

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=mexican brisket tacos&atb=v42-5c_&ia=recipes
thespruce.com/barbecue-brisket-from-the-kitchen-331506
youtube.com/watch?v=ST_oMoaXCNg
youtu.be/vwSyYe3WJDU
youtu.be/__GapcafI0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You sound like a Muslim and/or a cuck. Leave now, and never come back

based on what u fuck

>cuck

fucking newfags

>>wants it to be as amazing as possible

>>Refuses to use a grill or a smoker

Try Youtube Cookingwithjack

step up that comprehension goy, i CANT because im living in a shitty apartment and dont have room to buy and travel with one
thats 2 reasons why i physically CANT

thx ill check it out!

If your just gonna cook it in a crock pot just get a roast. Brisket is gonna be wasted unless you smoke or grill it. Even brisket tacos are made in a smoker.

>thats 2 reasons why i physically CANT

I get that. You just need to understand your results will be nowhere near amazing. You're going to have to settle for mediocre.

Either that or apply your brain to fix the problem. Rent a BBQ at your destination. Stop off a public park that has BBQs available.

duckduckgo.com/?q=mexican brisket tacos&atb=v42-5c_&ia=recipes
except its not as exclusive
im sorry everyone i cant be MASTERRACE SMOKED BRISKET
jesus its not like im CHOOSING to be a fgt about it. thats why im asking for help so it doesnt suck

my local park dosesnt
bro, ive exhausted my options thats why im asking a pseudo cooking board

my fucking landlady that owns a ranch doesnt even have a grill

Look you can make it in a crock pot you'll just lose a lot of the fat content that gives the brisket its flavor. If you really wanna make Mexican tacos with brisket meat just throw it in a pot with onions, green bell pepper and season it using salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, garlic, cumin, dried oregano and season until it tastes how you want. Throw in some lime to if you want. We're just letting you know your wasting money, not trying to be dicks.

why not just use an oven

low and slow with a dry rub of your preference on

well it was oven or slow cooker, most discussion have read has said its not going to make a huge difference, both being equally sub to smoking
thespruce.com/barbecue-brisket-from-the-kitchen-331506

Can you find a Mexican meat market? They all sell premarinated cuts of meat. Maybe they have something for brisket tacos. Hell maybe they have it smoked and ready to go too.

fraid not, just regular butcher here but i have yet to check it out. im in roswell nm and this place is actually like 40% illegal aliens, no pun intended, so i wouldnt doubt there is something cratering towards this. However, cookingwithjack had a really video of basically all the recipe blogs i have been looking at, and it looks very good. youtube.com/watch?v=ST_oMoaXCNg

and even catering towards this

Why are you so salty? Just go to a BBQ joint if you dont have a smoker

ok so i usually come here to laugh at people because this is the most pathetic board i know but this is an interesting topic so let me chime in. i love bbq so let me give you my opinion. first off, know that without an actual smoker or weber kettle you won't be able to get an actual bbq brisket. what you get is just cooked beef. you need the 3-4hr smoke phase. if you want a substitude what you can do is put liquid smoke on beforehand. its actual condensate of hickory smoke but still just isnt the same),but it will get you somwhere close. then use a nice bbq rub, whatever you like, maybe just magic dust and then cook the thing in the oven in sealed aluminium foil with maybe 100ml of applejuice. take lots of layers aluminum foil! you gotta look up how long you have to cook it like that depending on the size. just google texax crutch oven or something. also i'd advice not wasting a good brisket on this, please just take pork shoulder or neck and make pulled pork out of this. will be a better fit for a taco too. when its all pulled put bbq sauce on there (to taste but depending on th size you gotta but more than you think on there). because im in a good mood ill give you my special bbq sauce recipe. its relatively basic but still.

1 ketchup
1/4 vinegar (replace up to 1/4 of it with worcestershire sauce depening on taste, i like it subtle)
1/16 molasses
1/8 brown sugar
1/16 mustard
1/64 black pepper

cook for 15mins until it caramelizes a bit and you're good.

here's a burger form my last batch

>travel every 3 months for my wife's job
So are you a house husband?

Bro look no further. Fuck all these complainers.
I've tried these recipes multiple times and had tonnes of success. It may not be brisket but I'm sure you'd have no problem using brisket if you were really that adamant. No grill needed. Make it with a nice salsa verde (recipe also posted). We're talking a handful of ingredients and some corn tortillas. Simple af and delicious.

youtu.be/vwSyYe3WJDU

youtu.be/__GapcafI0s

Does your shitty apartment come with a 4x4 ft block of cement that you can call your patio? Put onna Alton Brown's homemade clay smokers innit

Pretty much on point with this. The longest low and slow ive done on a brisket was 20 hours.

4 hours of smoke
16 of heat

4 hours of rest in a cooler with no ice.