How many minutes to boil egg for?

I put the eggs in cool water in the pot, bring to a boil, cover with lid, OFF the heat and then let them sit for 15 min.

Guaranteed perfectly yellow yolks.

Until the black reaches the line you want it to.

Alrighty, it's off. I'll let you know in 15 minutes.

Alrighty. I'd wish you luck, but you don't need any.

I don't know brother. This is Veeky Forums, he might need all the luck he can get.

If you want soft boiled eggs do this but only for 7 minutes.

GENTLY place eggs in pot as to not crack the shells

fill pot with water until an inch of water is covering the eggs

if any eggs float they are bad. half-floaters are fine.

add salt because you're a dumbass and it doesn't do anything beside waste salt and leave a crackly white band around the inside of the pot

place your pot of water on high heat

when your water starts to boil, time them for 10 minutes

after 10 minutes, put them under the sink and add cold tap water, replacing the boiling water. this sort of shocks them and makes them easier to peel.

peel and consume, or put them in a bowl in the fridge: they're good for upwards of a few weeks

deviled eggs, tuna egg pasta salads, egg salad sandwiches, you can pickle them in leftover pickle brine, add them diced to green salads or cobb salads, shove them up your ass, the possibilities are endless

Thanks, the egg's perfect, easy to peel too.

I think my past mistake was taking the egg out of the water too early.

Glad to hear it. We're egg brothers now, friend.

You could boil them for like 3 minutes, but they probably wouldnt be cooked.

If in america, you need to boil them for 45 minutes to be safe from salmonella

in soviet russia, egg boils you

9 minutes boiled and you get perfection. Be sure to slightly crack each egg before putting in water. After done boiling immediatly put the eggs in an ice water bath and let them sit in that for a few minutes. The shells should just slip right off almost effortlessly.

Put them in water that's already at a boil, it'll make it easier to peel.

Shocking eggs is a myth.

>mfw all the shitty advice ITT

it depends on the size of the egg for starters. smaller/average sized eggs are going to be easier to cook evenly throughout. these are usually the best type of egg to use for hardboiled

the strategy I use is fill up the pot, put it on the heat for 1-2 min, then add my eggs. start my timer and at 16 minutes, i turn off the heat and then 1 by 1 remove the eggs and dunk in ice water so I can cool them down and peel them.

you can add eggs when the water is boiling if you want but the temperature difference is going to crack the shell and some shit will leak out. not a big deal desu but it will happen and might compromise the integrity of your egg

jumbo eggs are a pain in the fucking ass. they honestly need a full 25 minutes for a clean and even cooking.

>giving shitty advice yourself

die in a ditch k thx

tell that to Mike Pence

>it depends on the size of the egg for starters. smaller/average sized eggs are going to be easier to cook evenly throughout. these are usually the best type of egg to use for hardboiled
Yes, because when you buy eggs they come in assorted sizes, right? Captain obvious, larger things take longer things to cook! Too bad this is completely irrelevant to most chicken eggs.

>the strategy I use is fill up the pot, put it on the heat for 1-2 min, then add my eggs. start my timer and at 16 minutes, i turn off the heat and then 1 by 1 remove the eggs and dunk in ice water so I can cool them down and peel them.
Unless you are a well-known chef, no one cares about your strategy.

>you can add eggs when the water is boiling if you want but the temperature difference is going to crack the shell and some shit will leak out. not a big deal desu but it will happen and might compromise the integrity of your egg
That's completely false.

Bring water to boil. Add eggs for 1 minute. Take off heat and cover. Remove from water and leave for 7 mins

and you're a fuckin dick, at least that user has something to say that isn't bullshit hating

He shocks fruits

He said everyone's advice was shitty then gave shitty advice himself. He deserved it.

why is eggs white

They come from white chickens.

White privilege strikes again!

Listen buddy, let me make this perfectly clear for you. I haven eaten more than 300 eggs per month for the last six years. That is more than 20,000 eggs. Half of those were prepared hard-boiled. So despite whatever knowledge you think you may have gathered from the few liberal fuccboi 2 egg dinners your pussy ass manages to stomach, take it from someone more experienced like myself when they say that you know absolutely nothing.

>I haven eaten more than 300 eggs per month for the last six years. That is more than 20,000 eggs.
You have to eat them all.

>eaten more than 300 eggs per month

This is why you don't get 10 chickens.

I propose that it is possible you've been eating thousands of poorly cooked eggs.

not an argument

Put salt in the water

Just put them in a big pot of water before you go to bed, set the heat to medium, then wa la, perfect boiled eggs when you wake up

I knew a guy who would legit put eggs up his ass

showed a few of us on video once

All this, but put baking soda in the water, too. Makes the shells brittle and easy to peel. Make sure you poke a hole in the flat ends with a pushpin, too.

Try steaming, it's hotter and faster and more precise than boiling. I can get a soft boiled egg in 7 1/2 minutes that is easy to peel and with a runny yolk.

OP is number of eggs I usually steam at once.

Put eggs in a pot, cover with one inch of water. Bring to a hard(!) boil, turn off heat, let sit for 7 minutes. Remove from water, let sit until not too hot to handle.

Oh and use eggs that are a week old or so, it makes them easier to peel.

Used to have one of these in the house when I was a kid. The thing does what it's supposed to do, 100% of the time.

>hotter
hmm?
>faster and precise
definitely
Once I tried it, haven't looked back

You really have to work those eggs you knob. ON THE HEAT then OFF THE HEAT and BACK ON THE HEAT. The secret to boiling eggs is regulating that heat. Off the heat... AND BACK ON THE HEAT.

Pan nice and hot

>hmm?
lmao too stupid for physics?

I don't have a freezer atm, is it enough if I just use cold water instead?

>>the only one available to answer

Slice open a mother fucking chicken and take it's ovaries. Next fill a metal pan with water and heat it until it starts to boil a little. Put the egg into the water and allow that to stay as it is for about twenty minutes on full heat. Go back to the chicken and praise kek to spend this time and the egg will become perfect.

>Place the eggs into an electric kettle and cover with cold water by at least 1-inch. Turn the kettle on. Once the water comes to a boil, the kettle will turn itself off. Leave the eggs in the water for 15 minutes. Remove and peel off the shell.

9 is perfect
not a seccond more

4 or 5 for liquid, 6 for soft, 7 for hard

>hmm?
not an argument

>Boiling eggs
>Not steaming them

Fucking plebs. One inch of boiling water, add eggs, cover and wait 7 minutes for great soft boiled eggs.

I'm getting very mixed signals from this thread...

Steaming is the best way to prepare hard boiled eggs. Put them in a steamer basket, boil water, add basket, twelve minutes, bewm

you just bring the water to a boil then turn the heat off an leave them in the water for 10 minutes and come back at any point after that to get them.

how do the eggs turn out of you do this?

>hmm?
WATER HOT
STEAM HOT
WATER GET TO HOT
TURN TO STEAM
STEAM MORE HOT
*grunts prehistorically*

making hard boiling eggs is worse than ordering steak well done

It's faster to bake your eggs. Also, they're less likely to crack because you're not dropping them into a pot.

>bake your eggs
It takes twice as long to bake your eggs than boil them you idiot. Why would you even think baking would be faster than boiling?

put eggs in pot cover with water
put on the stove, let rise to a boil
when you see they're boiling set timer for 10 minutes
when they're done put in ice bath of water ice and a bit of salt to lower the temp
after 5 minutes peel and mix with mayonnaise a squirt of mustard a little bit of cayenne some salt some pepper and put on a piece of white bread