I want to go on a vacation where catch or kill some animal and cook it

i want to go on a vacation where catch or kill some animal and cook it

where should i go? thinking about doing some deep sea fishing. can you even hunt in the usa without a license?

>can you even hunt in the usa without a license?

not legally.

You can't hunt without a license in the United States. That said, certain pest animals, like Prarie dogs, jackrabbits, etc can be hunted with impunity depending on the area's rules.

is there any kind of "tourism" hunting license you can get?

Yes, anyone can get a hunting license. You don't have to be a citizen or resident.

Also in some states there are exceptions for guests and/or youth who are being accompanied by a licensed hunter.

Generally speaking the licenses are very cheap; there are only certain optional extra tags which get costly.

No. You need to take a hunter safety course. You also need the proper attire. A lot of this stuff also varies greatly by state and even county

Where do you live user? Just putting this out there, but it might be more economical for you to go fishing. Not too many things are in season right now too. Lots of hunting laws are out there and they vary from state to state. Not so many laws for fishing. You can buy a $20 set up from a big box store an a fishing license and you are good to go. Also the learning curb for fishing is much lower than it is for hunting.

chicago
wanted to catch fish bigger than lake michigan has

You're not foreign. Just retarded. You will have to take a hunter's safety course to be able to draw a tag. Bear in mind, the cost of an out of state tag can be absolutely ridiculous. You'll probably want to go with a guide if you've never hunted, or don't know the area, but again, that shit gets expensive really fast.

Don't know what state your in but you don't need to take a hunter safety class in every state.

Hey OP, once you get out of Chicongo, Illinois has some good duck hunting in the autumn.

I'd suggest going up to Wisconsin. Maybe call some of the sporting-goods stores first to find out what the requirements and costs are. For small game like rabbits, you might not even need a license -- but it's starting to warm up, and rabbits get a lot of parasites during warm weather. Freezing cold weather knocks down the parasite load, which is why they say to only hunt rabbits in months with an 'R'.

If you want to fish, try Minnesota, and see about going to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. They used to have some excellent northern pike, walleye, and muskellunge fishing 30 years ago, don't know about today, maybe it's gotten overfished like most areas have. But Lake Mich has huge sturgeon or salmon or whatevers in it -- I know because my father took me out on a charter once and we caught a few.

Oh, also, the "hunter safety class" varies by state. I've never lived in a state that required one for adults, as far as I can recall; Washington state required one for children but not for adults.

The main thing the courses teach you is to keep your rifle unloaded, on safe, and pointed in a safe direction unless and until you're about to blow away Bambi.

Oh -- and if you don't already have an Illinois gun owner's identification card, you have to get one before buying any sort of firearm in Illinois, and it takes a month or two.

Yup, you can hunt your own land if you have 80 acres or more

>Chicongo

Boundary Waters/Quetico is amazing. Because its protected wilderness, nothing has changed regarding fishing, and never will. Only canoes, no motors, no gas stoves, hell I think even the use of live bait is banned. Walleye are so damn easy to catch there we actually shorted our food rations, expecting to eat mostly fish. And we did eat fish, every day we had a massive shore lunch consisting exclusively of walleye fillets, because fuck eating pike. Bread crumbs and oil was the primary food supply we brought with, determined to live on fish we caught. Only on one bad weather day did we not have enough walleye and were forced to eat a couple of bony-ass pike.

Pike tastes just as good as pickeralwalleye, most people just don't know how to clean them properly.

Still prefer walleye. But once we had a fuckton of eating fish, out would come the heavy duty pole with 20 pound test and a steel leader. Nothing more fun than going for the big pike, bass fisherman are simple assmasters. I caught a 38 inch, 42 inch, and 44 inch pike, all in one day. Almost tipped the canoe netting those fuckers. They literally pulled the boat.

i'm more partial to shitcongo, but it seems to confuse people as to what i'm referring to.

>Because its protected wilderness, nothing has changed regarding fishing, and never will. Only canoes, no motors, no gas stoves, hell I think even the use of live bait is banned.

I'm pretty sure kayaks are fine too.

But the "no gas stoves" is a major change from when I went thirty years ago. We used an outfitter to get all the supplies and to drop us off and pick us up, and a Coleman gas stove with "white gas" was part of the standard package.

Also, minnows were fine back then too. It's probably a good idea to ban them, though, and I hope you're correct that they have.

Yeah kayaks and rubber rafts are kosher, although my last trip there was in the 90s. Not sure whats changed since then.
Gas stoves are kind of a mixed blessing, I guess in a way they have less impact on the wilderness by reducing the need for fire pits, fire wood, and fire risk. But you're also carrying in fossil fuel and man-made technology, large metal objects and fuel cans that have the potential to be abandoned by lazy campers who dont pack out their trash. I know at times of drought there are open fire bans and the stoves are the only option. You are told to use established camp sites and fire pits, please do not create new ones. In my opinion, wilderness camping just isn't the same without natural fire. Drinking the water directly from the lake is also a treat most people never experience. I like to tell people to go there because its amazing, but at the same time I dont want anyone to go there, because more people fuck it up. Look what happened to Yellowstone, one moose in view, and you have 250 parked cars and RVs. Wilderness parks at least have pretty strict rules and limits.