This is a New York style pizza from Lombardi's on Spring Street in Soho in Manhattan

This is a New York style pizza from Lombardi's on Spring Street in Soho in Manhattan.

Amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KT7W9oJP6BI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For me, it is the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

No it isn't. That is pizza from a slice joint. Lombardi's doesn't sell by the slice. Also they use a coal oven. That higher heat allows them to use fresh cow's milk mozzarella instead of the low moisture shit on that obviously gas oven cooked slice.

Pic related is Lombardi's.

You're thinking of the other Lombardi's in NY, the OP pic is a slice from a Lombardi's in Soho pie. The best pizza in NYC, or heck, even the world.

I go to Lombardi's all the time!

Wow me too! I wonder if we've run into each other without knowing it lol!

What do you order from there?

My pic is from Lombardi's on Spring Street in Manhattan. OP pic looks like Ray's Pizza. There are tons of slice joints with that name. But there's only one Lombardi's in NYC, and it's a pie joint.

>it's a pie joint
You're thinking of the pie shop Lombardi's on 38th St NW. Maybe you should use a map before you shitpost lol... thanks for bumping the thread tho sweetie.

>Ray's Pizza
Get out.

a plain and a house salad

I don't blame him, you pizza fucks have a million joints all called Ray's or Lombardi's or something equally stupid with pizza that all tastes roughly the same. Shut the fuck up.

Literally looks like the little caesers i hate yesterday

Why is margarita pizza so bad?
>I'll just take a bite annnnnd that was like biting into a block of cheese
>Let's try that again annnnd it was like eating a teaspoon of tomato paste

>Why is margarita pizza so bad?
Because most places don't have a hot enough oven to cook it right. That's why low moisture mozzarella was invented. That stuff will melt at 550F. Fresh mozzarella won't. To get fresh mozzarella to melt properly you have to be over 650, and over 700 is better. You're not going to get a good Margherita pizza without that hot an oven.

I'm not a pizza snob, but NY style pizza is really bullshit. It's literally nothing special.

>NY style pizza is really bullshit.
Which NY style? We've got about a dozen styles here.

NY style pizza is when you fold it and spread your legs while you eat it. Some New Yorker you are sweetie...

That's slice joint. Hardly the only style than can claim to be NY pizza. Pic related is real NY pizza as well.

so is this

Sicilian style is new york?

One of the most famous places in Brooklyn.

My point was no one calls Sicilian style pizza "new york style pizza"

>sweetie

Careful, it's been demonstrated time and again when people start using that in posts, they've lost badly already.

Christ, if I ordered pizza in NY and was presented with that, I'd point, laugh and leave.

Most NY pizza joints make Sicilian slices. What the rest of the country calls NY pizza is the floppy slice that's just as common on the Jersey shore as it is here.
No you wouldn't, because if you went all the way to fucking Gravesend for pizza it would be just to go to this place.

>What the rest of the country calls NY pizza
and what new yorkers call pizza.

this is tavern style
this is sicillian or 'grandma'

don't get butthurt, but that looks like a pretty average piece of pizza. you can get a slice like that anywhere across the US.

not hating, because i'm sure it's a perfectly fine slice of pizza. but nothing to freak out about.

That's what New Yorkers would call a slice. They're well aware that pizza comes in a variety of styles. Some of the hottest restaurants in town are wood fired oven pizza places.

Correct on both counts. Like I said, we have about a dozen pizza styles in NYC.

Pizzarte is the best pizza in NYC

and yet one is the default.

Spumoni Gardens is fucking ace, their pizza is only topped by their spumoni

Shit is so good lads, well worth the visit

>greasy guidos arguing about which of their shitty pizza is better

>a slice
>not a plain pie
you're like a little baby

>Having to eat that with a fork and knife

Not pizza

>the default.
If your default is a slice joint. If your default is a coal or wood oven place you can't even buy by the slice.

Slice joint style pizza is everywhere in NYC, but all of the famous places are famous for other styles.

Shut the fuck up you flyover hick, NY pizza is distincture in its flavor profile and how you eat it (folded). This isn't fucking domino's in some backwater swamp, this is Lombardi authentic Italian style pizza.

>NY is so delusional that they think Sicilian style pizza is their own

That looks really tasty but I feel like I could maybe eat a slice before getting full. I am a tiny one though.

You sound so cute :p if you were my gf we could share the pizza and you could eat your slice and I could eat the rest haha. We could eat it while we watch netflix and snuggle up on my couch bed if you lived in New York I would treat you so good like the queen you are. My girlfriend would NEVER go hungry and I would rub your feet and make sure you were comfy all the time. NY has the best food in the world so we could eat from around the world without leaving my neighbordhood

Sanbeddegio's is good if you like spicy pizza but Rictone's in NEH is the best overall if you like St. Louis style. Personally the best deep dish Chicago style in NYC is at Perdiggios

For me, it is Detroit style, the best region style pizza

What's so cool about Lombelli's again?

its technically American-Sicilian; for some reason we only refer to ppl's home country is if they come from africa

Chicagofag here, can anyone suggest a good place to get this Detroit style pizza? This looks good to me.
Also the St. Louis style appeals to me. NY style is good, but kinda meh. Sbarro mall food.

>no pepperoni
dropped

Buddy's pizza

Well a google search shows three Buddy's way the fuck out in the distant suburbs. Is this the "gold standard" of the Detroit style? I'm not going that far out of my way unless its worth it.
The crust looks to have some appealing texture.

NY pizza looks exactly like Florida gas station pizza

Well, I'd say it's better than your chains since it's more of a restaurant quality and other places I can think of are more obscure than it, but as far as more common places, as far as chains go Jet's Pizza is easily the best

This shit looks disgusting.

Michiganian here
the only people that like Jet's are fucking weird, everyone else buys something else or only gets Jet's because it's nearby

Looks more like a ' '

Bullsugar, weird people get the big three in Michigan, nobody actually does since there are better options

Broke? Little Ceasars, have money to pay more for non cardboard pizza? Jet's

In between? Even shit like Hungry Howies and Passport tends to be better than the big 3 chain wise

Michigan is a slum desu, Chicago is literally the food capitol of the US

nah m8 that's from Ben's

t. I live on Greene

Then why can't Chiraqis get hot dogs right? Nobody wants a salad when they eat a hot dog

youtube.com/watch?v=KT7W9oJP6BI

Bens closes at 9 pm you fucking idiot. Meet me there and I'll fuck you up

no :^)

Nice to see Spumoni garden on here, work at the school a couple (long) blocks away. Get to eat it everyday. Though it gets old quick. And EXPENSIVE.

The owner was killed a little while back. Last summer.

>Most NY pizza joints make Sicilian slices.
Really? Where else? There's only been one other place I've gone to that made them, and they shut down long ago.

Bullshit, Lombardis uses full slices of mozzarella and looks nothing like that.

Do they really not have any pies with shredded cheese? I fucking hate margherita because of this
Also in Italy and in Europe margherita never comes with cheese slices like that. It's just a regular cheese pie.

??

That's napoleteana style which uses buffalo mozz.

>The owner was killed a little while back
That's what happens when you keep griping about what the mob decided was fair compensation for some guys from another family ripping you off in Staten Island. Once these things are settled by people more powerful than you are you accept it and shut the fuck up about it. Even if $4k was a pretty raw deal.
>Where else?
Most local pizza joints in my part of Brooklyn (Sunset Park/Bay Ridge) do Sicilian pizza. Hardly a surprise as many of the Italian Americans here are of Sicilian origin. It might be a tougher ask at some Manhattan places.

A wood or coal oven joint will use fresh mozzarella because their ovens are hot enough to allow them to use better quality cheese. That's the whole point. The only reason low moisture mozzarella exists is because most places don't have ovens hot enough to melt fresh properly. And in NYC most of the pie only places are wood or coal oven places.

>my food must be homogenous
Go drink soylent. The rest of us would like a little variety.

Every place I've ever been to does Sicilian, except for maybe the dollar slice joints.

sub some kind of garlic sauce for the mustard and it's a perfect hotdog.

Underrated.

>Americans pay full price for a fucking slice
>They tip for it too
lmoa fucking retards

They would point at laugh at you for ordering somthing that you didn't know about,

Right. I don't see how it's not a NY thing.

Where can I buy a slice that has extreme cheese stretching?

On just about any corner in NYC with good foot traffic. Back in the day the mob put the squeeze on slice joints, but they left pie joints alone (for the most part). They dictated who you bought your cheese and sauce from as well as who took your garbage away. That standardized slice places to almost chain level. But that level is still better than most national chains.

Nah grandma is thinner

no

Iktfb

Cheese pizza is never amazing. It can be good but it will always be improved by toppings

Always

nice tripcode, shame I have to filter you.

Filtered.

Is Chicago deep dish better or worse than traditional New York style?

Giant deliciously foldable pizza from a place simply called Village Pizzeria.

Delicious rustic pizza served on freezer chilled plates and authentic Italian ceramic "Chinaware" amazing.

It's called an economy of scale. Something you communists wouldn't understand. I expect excellent service, fast cooking and fast delivery for my money.

Koronet is my favorite pizza in NYC I've had so far

t. nu-male whomst's taste buds have been destroyed by drinking

Koronet's is too expensive for what you get, their drink selection is even worse I would wipe my ass with their menu if I could.

There are literally 100+ "Lombardi's" pizza joints in the New York Area.

t. Long Islander

>he can't wipe his ass with a menu

lose some weight user

I meant the menu board faggot. Come to Koronet's tomorrow night and I'll be there and prove you fucking wrong.

I'm not even overweight. I'm 5'1 and 298lb of pure muscle.

no

Yeah, it's an average piece of pizza. You can fold it up your ass for all I care. There's nothing special about it.

True, because OP pic has nothing to do with Lombardi's.

I live down the street from Lombardi's pizza and I get a slice at least once a day if not every other day. I sometimes get 3 slices or a whole pizza to eat throughout the week.

kek

the last time I had it, I hadn't been drinking for that long

Pizza in Manhattan is always gonna be somewhat expensive unless it's some dollar slice shit or you're in the hood. And what's wrong with their drink selection? I remember it being standard pizzeria selection.

Is the mob still having a large hold up there in NYC or is it more of a thing of the past generations now

looks like joke vomit

Giuliani cleaned house in the 90's after the feds were done with them in the 70's. While he didn't get rid of them it pushed them and most of organized crime out of Manhattan at large.