Tomitillos

The most worthless bland veggie on earth. They're only really useful in salsa.

why would you put something bland in salsa?

We sometimes mix some of the tomatillos from the garden with the spaghetti sauce we're jarring. It's definitely brighter, and more tart. It's cool in the summertime.

bitch you haven't lived until you make gazpacho with these babies

I've had a neighbor who grew them. These tomitillos took over their garden and killed the green pepper plants and various other veggies. I hate tomitillos anyway because they're bland and full of seeds, bitch.

>gazpacho
Nasty af

have you tried a tomatillo?

i hope your death will be cold and tomatoey

no

well you didn't miss out on anything

just for you user

Just let them get ripe. The ones in the pic aren't even red yet.

in mexico city these babys are known in as simple "tomates", while the classic red tomatoes, are called "jitomates"

and yeah, they are pretty much only used for salsa verde and related recipes, such as "enchiladas suizas" or "chicharron verde"

why are they so sticky after peeling the leaf off?

Why am I so sticky?

why am i exist

why am i here?

why am I meemers

What a bland life you do lead.

yes

I hope you drown in a vat of gazpacho.

or I will drown the vat of gazpacho how about that.

Let's see you try, gazpacho hater. The gazpacho will win.

I don't like them either.
I've got 5 or so pots of tomatillo's growing this year and the salsa i've made with them has been very disappointing.
I'm not sure if I'm just picking them at the wrong time or cooking them wrong but they end up tasting musky/perfumey. Is that what they're supposed to be like? Because i've never eaten them before.

I'd win by default. and fuck your gazpacho

I tried to grow several tomatillos last year and every fruit was infested with worms. I don't use pesticides in my garden, so I can imagine how saturated they are with your Monsanto friendly pesticides.

Enjoy your corporate welfare pesticides. They will certainly be increasing in the land of corporate freedom.

lmao I don't use pesticides either, just organic fertiliser and seaweed concentrate.
Where do you live? Here in australia I don't seem to have any problems with pests.

And mole verde, mole amarillo, pozole etc etc

My chili verde is approximately 20% tomitillos by mass.

>no prolem with pests

Yeah, I live in Mississippi and sometimes I wonder if the bugs are more of a pest than the humans. Lately I've come to the conclusion the "down home good christian folk" are worse.