Cook-hacks thread

Share your best tips and tricks

>tfw grilled cheese in frying pan is normally just okay
>tfw add butter to the pan before cooking
>bread gets less burned over time
>more time for cheese to melt
>bread tastes buttery

Are you trying to tell me you didn't always slather a grilled cheese in butter? Next you'll tell me to add salt to the water when I cook pasta.

remember to use toast when making grilled cheese

just putting cheese on your grill is good but for best results you need bread

Whenever I make a peanut butter sandwich I add an equal part jelly to match the peanut butter. My gf loves it, and always asks me how I make it taste so good.

It's my secret, and I'll never tell. ;)

>basic knowledge is a hack

Not him, but I usually just use some nonstick spray to lube the pan.

Whenever I want to make a drink cool I add some ice.

Works every time.

Uh, what? You've just been dropping dry bread into a pan before this?

kys

kys

>use mayo instead of butter
>steam eggs don't boil them
>drop a few ice cubes into the pot while pasta is draining so the surface is cool and wet, no sticking

I learned the mayo trick from a mayo advertisement before a movie. The movie was shit, but the mayo ad changed my life.

what movie?

When I want to make a grilled cheese sandwich, I grill it

Amazing, right?

When I make sandwiches I found out that you can actually slice the bread with a knife so you dont have to use the whole loaf

>Amazing, right?

No, I'm aware that most people have no clue what a plancha grill is, or the fact that the term "grilled cheese" derived from that.

The Conjuring 2

Next time you feel like a banana. Peel it before eating.

Problem Child 2 iirc

Next time you feel like a pineapple, peel it before eating.

Now someone here is lying....

>tired of Coca-Cola always exploding when you open it?
>don't shake it up
>the drink come pre-carbonated, so there's no need to shake bubbles into the drink before opening

completely btfo

be ""enlightened"" somewhere else scrub

>My gf loves it

Not as much as she loves muh dick.

Yeah, good job anonymous guy on the internet. My gf is definitely cheating on me with you and much prefers your dick over my pb and j sandwiches. Great.

Thread has potential. Wouldn't call them hacks though, just useful cooking tips.

Making home-made burgers, info taken from months of research into burgerscience:
>never use lean beef; use at least 15% fat, ideally 20%, up to 30%, fat is what makes burgers good and juicy
>simplicity is key; don't go adding shit like breadcrumbs and egg to your burger, season with cracked black pepper and just add toppings to the finished burger if you want to add further flavor
>don't overwork the meat as you mix in the seasonings; toss the ground beef gently to work the seasoning through it like tossing a salad, don't squeeze the meat into a paste, this helps prevent the burger puffing up like a meatball when you cook it
>press meat gently into a ball and flatten, then press a circular dip into one side of the burger with your thumb to further prevent puffing up
>don't put salt in the meat before you form the patty; instead season both sides of the burger with kosher salt or coarse sea salt just before cooking, this step helps get a good crust on both sides for that smoky burger taste
>use a really fucking hot pan
it werks

Should you always grill a pattie, or does putting them over low coals work too?

>simplicity is key
wrong. a thick juicy burger will taste like shit with just black pepper you fucking donkey. Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, SALT, pepper, garlic and onion powder... it's ground beef not a fucking steak bro.
>don't salt the meat before you form a patty
you're a moron.

Clearly you've never tried making a burger that way, so your ignorance is excusable.

Low coals is fine as well.

>Clearly you've never tried making a burger that way, so your ignorance is excusable.
Clearly I never tried making a burger without seasoning it first? That's entirely how babby's first burger is. Then you season it next time. And it tastes better. Then you season it too much. Then you get it down.

Not seasoning your groundbeef is fucking stupid. It isn't rib-eye. And salting the outside for a crust is retarded dadscience.

This is a thread for good tips not stupid ones

if you're putting bananas on a sandwich, cut 'em length wise.
i don't remember why this is a food hack i just like it that way.

I dunno what to tell you, man. My method turns out just peachy and I've been through a shitload of seasonings, which have ultimately made little difference to the flavor. You might get something out of different seasonings in the meat itself if you're going to eat the fucking patty on its own, but the majority of the taste comes from the way you cook it and the shit you put on top of it.
Put whatever you want in your burger, but I know for fact my prep method is rock solid.

Are you grinding your own beef? That makes a big difference. But store ground beef is just completely flavorless so I don't understand that.

I go to a decent butcher nearby and get the meat ground at the counter. That may be where our differences lie.

> But store ground beef is just completely flavorless
You're 100% right there. I see where you're coming from now.

Yeah definitely. If you're getting it grinded from a butcher I can understand that. I don't much to my steaks.

Where were your parents when this was going on? I really want to know.

Incidentally, I'll concede to salting the outside to get a good crust being retarded dadscience, at least as far as the crust goes. That's a misbelief on my part.
I can say with absolute certainty that there's a distinct difference in taste between a burger that hasn't been salted on the outside and one that has, even if it was salted during seasoning. I've tested that one thoroughly.

I take my burgers seriously, so despite my defensiveness, I'll take your advice to heart. I know my method is sound, but I can always afford to play with seasonings a bit more. I never actually considered worcestershire sauce in a burger even though I've used it in chili, but I do draw the line at liquid smoke. Barbecue or bust when it comes to smoke.

Salt right before you put the patty on the grill. Salt breaks down proteins (which we love for steak right?) and your burger won't hold up as well if it's been sitting with salt in it while you're making other burgers.

Not sure about taste, probably just easier to detect since it's on the surface. Makes sense. Yeah if you're BBQ you don't need liquid smoke that's definitely for panfrying fags like me with no grill.

>Salt right before you put the patty on the grill
Absolutely correct, I mentioned that in my first post.

>Not sure about taste, probably just easier to detect since it's on the surface
You're probably right with that. Salt does make things delicious if you use the right amount.

Even with panfrying, I'd prefer not to use liquid smoke. Panfried burgers have a taste of their own, almost to the point where I'd consider them and barbecued burgers each as valid variations.

Why do people need to cause the pasta to not stick? Stirring it a little bit keeps it from sticking. I don't understand this meme.

They're doing something wrong. Not stirring. Going from cold to hot instead of adding to a roiling boil. Not salting. Many variables.

>liquid smoke

filthy fuckin' philistine, absolutely disgusting.
you've no place saying anything about cheezbergur from now on.

This foodhack is a little long so bare with me little sweeties.

One day your are eating out of the ass end of a pizza.

>obviously the foodhack in this pic is the fact that pizza should always be accompanied by thefollowing accessories.

>red man's tears, aka siriracha.
>some high octane ranch for dipping (not the crusts)
>banana peppies.

Crisscross pattern your racha drizzle for maximum coverage. If you do it in this amount it really gushes in your mouth when you take a bite. A lot like what my younglings do in my class I teach. :)

So once you finish your medium pizza you are obviously left with some pale, emasculated looking dongs of crust.

DON'T THROW THEM OUT. I'll tell you how to breath new life into these little chunks of yum.

>terrible posts
>tripfag
>woman
kys

I'm not even done yet you hetero sex retard. This isn't your safe space and thanks for trying to fit me in your little box of assumptions and definitions.

Once you have your old pizza crusts ( honestly they keep for days. I did this to a several sets of L meat lover's from the past weekend on Wednesday and it was fine)

You'll also need some DARK brown sugar, because darker is better. You will also need butter cut up into slivers like pic related. Not to skinny though, you want it thic and juiccy

You can actually make chocolate self-saucing pudding in a mug.

tits or gtfo

Tip for grilled cheese

Put a fucking lid on your pan and put it on low heat after you get a nice sear on the bread. Also use gruyere or, my favorite, FONTINA

>hetero sex retard
I thought you people said white cishet male?

Take your knife and poke a hole through the center of your crust pieces.

Cyber sexual assault instead of the real thing? White people are seriously this cucked. :)

fu

Take your butter sticks and roll them in brown sugar. Mix it up just like all white girls should do.

tits or gtfo

I like your bitchy attitude, you seem fun.
I'm sure you're also fat and bitchy and love assplay.. I want to eat your ass after you've shat out your sugared buttery crusts, Cucky Booboo.

Wouldnt the mayo just burn?

It will be a tight fit (LOL) but now I want you to slide your brown sugar butter stick into your crust.

let me fuck you in the ass
pls

Fuck you, get in line.

Not on medium low. Same as butter.

Your name changed.
Now you're a /k/ommando?
Get your story in order, lardass.

Come on, we are going to feel really good.
I'm willing to holocaust the whole line.

>le roll bread in butter and sugar for a tasty treat!
It's called a shitty cookie faggot.

pop em in the oven at like 350 degrees for a little bit. I'm non conformist so don't expect a time. I usally pace around the oven and watch them cook so I know exactly when to pull them out! If you don't have the patience to do this I suggest you not even try this recipe because this requires a little bit of love and passion for food.

The retards getting rekt elsewhere..

Cross-posting tripfag pretending to be a woman. Imagine how fucking disgusting he must look in person.

I've got a fair idea...

As a feminist I do love assplay. I only date POCs and primarily other non binary people.

I'm asking on /k/ about weapons to kill neo-nazi rapists who attack me. thanks for asking.

This is better than a shitty cookie you transphobe puke.
Once they are done cooking they look good enough to eat, kinda like a nice creampie from a fat BBC.

post feet pls

and asshole

pls be in

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>neo Nazi rapists

>rape
>you

Nope.

T. Nazi

>neo-nazi rapists
>implying anyone would want to rape some overweight hambeast with blue hair and stretch marks

>attentionwhoring on Veeky Forums
doesn't get much more pathetic than that
kys

I've been sweetie. Are you in London? Their gay scene at Soho is fab.

Rape is about power and control
You would becase rape is about power and control, something your tiny penis doesn't have in most cases outside of violent rape.

Trying to share my food hacks and I'm getting fucked attacked for being trans.

You aren't trans.
You aren't a special snowflake.
You are fat.
You are a man.
You need a psychiatrist.

>Trying to share my food hacks and I'm getting fucked attacked for being trans.
Should have thought about that before tripfagging and drawing attention to yourself, you fat piece of shit.

>not recognize London meme
newfag to boot

>Rape is about power and control
Wrong. Rape is about sexual gratification. Raping a hambeast would be like fucking a hallway.

And another perfectly good thread derailed by newfags and their inability to resist replying to trolls.

Add MSG to everything
Fuck you faggot

Yo

What kind of idiot doesn't butter the outside of their bread when making grilled cheese sandwiches?

Some people spread mayo on the outside before frying. I have tried it, it's not my thing, but it's good for people who actually like mayo. I like butter.

The thread isn't ruined you redditfag. Just scroll pass the arguments like every other thread. Welcome to Veeky Forums.

The Fruit is dead. Throw it away. Consider this mercy.

Next time you feel like a strawberry, consider visiting a therapist because you are human.

>add butter to the pan before cooking

Isn't that how grilled cheese is normally made?

the fuck is this trainwreck, your entire hack consists of 'put sauce on your pizza' and 'put butter and sugar on your crusts'

absolutely disgusting, get out of here you worthless amerifat

>Rape is about power and control

spoken like someone who's never been raped