I have $20 to buy food for a week.Please CK save my life

I have $20 to buy food for a week.Please \CK\ save my life.

Buy seeds and grow your own food ;)

>$20 to buy food for a week
So a perfectly normal food budget? What's the problem?

Peas and beans. Maybe your situation will improve but you won't die in a week

Soup kitchens and food pantries give you food, FOR FREE. An absurd amount of food for just one week, factually speaking.

I was thinking about getting my worst clothes and going around town for leftover bread.Will it work?

You only need $6 to buy 15 pounds of rice.

It doesn't taste good without a side dish.

Chicken thighs (either bone in or not) usually run about a dollar a pound. Bananas are cheap, as are most beans. Eggs can usually be found for around 1.50 a dozen. I would do this if I only had to deal with it for a week.

1 dozen eggs: 1.50
2 loafs store bread: 2.00
3 lbs Chicken: ~3-5.00
Peanut Butter: 3.00
Frozen Veggies: 3.00
Beans: 2.00
Cheap Pizza: Last few bucks

Cook 2 eggs and toast for breakfast each day, prepare beans in slow cooker and make peanut butter sandwich each day for lunch. Have chicken and frozen veggies for dinner. Should have plenty of calories there, just will be very boring unless you have spices available. Good luck, shouldn't be to hard to get by for just a week though

Sure, he can buy the side dish with the other $14 bucks.

5 pound of pork can last 7 days and will only cost like $10. The other $4 can buy 8 pounds of veggies.

20 McChickens
>20/7 = roughly 2 mcchickens per day
You're all set!

To add, I've been living on $2 a day of food + the occasional asian buffet for seafood.

Ok so let's say you have no other food around.

>dried beans, just soak it overnight before cooking. Pound for pound champ
>rice
>potatos
>onions
>get butter or milk for some dairy.
>some kind of other fruit or veggies. Carrots are cheap, maybe cabbage or prange. Just something on sale.

Get some salt at least, pepper too if you can. Spring for hot sauce if you got to. Don't shop at fucking Albertsons, go to a local market or something, it will be cheaper, guaranteed.

Also, check out the brothers green eats. One of them did a dollar a meal challenge. Could give you creative ideas to spice up just having rice, beans, and a veggie for every meal.

Forgot about potatoes, they are very versatile as well and also very cheap. You can get 5lb bags for 2 bucks most days. Make breakfast lunch and dinner with them as a side

>potatoes

Look at countries that adopt a nightshade based diet
Italy - Tomatoes - failing economy, corruption, their fall from grace started when they imported tomatoes from the new world, coincidence?
Russia and Ireland - Potatoes - alcoholism, violence, corruption, ireland was nearly destroyed thank to the potato
Do you ever notice how ARYAN white people cannot tolerate spicy food? Because peppers are a NIGHTSHADE vegetable, what do they recommend to cure the spicy food burn? MILK.
What countries drink milk?
Scandinavia, the Netherlands, the most successful countries on earth.
STOP eating nightshades and START drinking milk

Oh look, an idiot.

What diet do you think the Irish peasent thrived on before the famine? Oh, that's right - potatoes and milk.

Buy some potatoes, rice, and beans fuccboi.

Something's gotta keep this board movin'

*Rice 100%. That shit will last you forever.

*Potatoe bread, (especially if you already have meat, cheese, sauces) if not, get some cheap American cheese so you can have 1 grilled cheese with a side of rice or whatever.

Now you roughly have 10 - 13 bucks left. (depending on whether you go cheese or not, let's be optimistic and say you have cheese and sandwhich stuff as well as soy sauce or whatever you like on rice, 13 bucks left)

*Ramen cups 12.

roughly 3.50.
9 bucks left.

Milk & Cereal should do the trick. That will easily last you a week, if it is only 7 days that concerns you.

You can make a pot of jambalaya with sausage and rice plus peppers and onions for under $15 big enough to last a week. Or buy whatever meat is on soecial sale at the local market, plus some potatoes and peppers

Can you cook?

if no:
-hot dogs
-bleached white buns
-cheapest canned stews/chef boyardee/chili/soups you can find. Rate by calories-price ratio (canned soups are often a ripoff)
-convenience store packets of condiments
-oatmeal (no flavored shit)
-bulk noodles and bottom shelf pasta sauce

if yes:
-cheap meat like chicken or pork, about 16-32 ounces that you can add to your fillers
-fillers like rice and or beans
-a couple onions
-a head of garlic
-salt and pepper and any spices you have (garlic powder, parsley, red pepper, bullion are all cheap and versatile)
-eggs
-oatmeal (no flavored shit you DONKEY)

make sure everything is off-brand. Sometimes produce is really cheap, bananas/apples/oranges/potatoes are often on sale. Sometimes bread and grains are really cheap, sometimes they are numale 12 grain hippie breads that cost 6 dollars a bag/box. Don't buy frozen meals or soda or condiments which you can get at gas stations for free.

Frozen veggie mix is usually pretty cheap and can be added to homemade soups, rice dishes, or into a casserole. A couple peppers can go a long way and jalapenos are like 25 cents each. You can boil some chicken/pork meat in a pot, add a half an onion, a pepper, some garlic, and use that on rice and tortillas. If you really like soups or stews, look for cheap packs of bullion cubes/paste; some of those are like 70 cents for 5 cubes. there is always bread and margarine spread. ground beef is kinda expensive but a good choice for chilli. pasta egg salad is dirt cheap, and with a can of tuna it's actually pretty good.

Canned food will get you through a week.

Genuine question, Veeky Forums.

What if 20$ a week is all you have indefinitely? Because that's my situation... but I don't want to eat like an uncultured pig and suffer from having clogged my body with unpleasant, high cholesterin food.

A pound of brown rice and a pound of black beans is like what, five bucks?

Buy lots of frozen veggies and rice, get cheap spices and shit from an asian grocer and reserve meat as a treat for the weekends. Tofu is also cheap and makes meals more filling, just marinade it in something the night before. Go shopping on Saturdays since produce gets discounted so they can avoid throwing it out over the weekend. Start baking bread, it's delicious and flour is dirt cheap. t.25$ a week

Thank you, I'll see what I can do!

Good luck user. Also forgot to mention the stables of my poorfag diet: Chili and most kinds of stew are really cheap, delicious and will last you a few days/can be frozen easily

When did you find out you had autism?

Go to Applebees and do a 2/$20

I had to do that for a month once when I was a broke college kid trying to make it in the city. At first I was embarrassed to do it because I was a spoiled little piece of shit, but once I did it, I saw lots of people there, not just your stereotypical poor people.

thank you, this changes everything

Even if you ate frozen pizza twice a day, you would get by on $20 a week. Why is this even a thread?

There's a lot of good advice in this thread. While tofu and beans aren't my favorite foods, they definitely are good options.
I'd also add that if you don't mind the taste & texture, liver is a really good choice for a cheap meat.

You can get Tombstone pizzas at the Dollar Store.
20 pizzas for a week = 3 pizzas/day

Each pizza is 1200 calories.
You could literally gain weight on $20/week by eating those things.

20 dollars worth cereal and use big titty flatmates breast milk

the cost of running an oven for that long costs more than a loaf of bread at the store

$5 bag of frozen drumsticks(~13 r in 1)
bulk buy eggs the 30 carton(~$6, lasts a week)
get salad dressing(~$3) and lettuce(~$1 usually lasts me a week)
w.e else like 1gal milk or something

Banquet Homestyle Bakes

>or into a casserole
Flyovers get out

>At first I was embarrassed to do it because I was a spoiled little piece of shit

I'd say that's more about having self respect. I've been to a food bank before and it was depressing, old ladies kept trying to steal my vegetables.

not if your utilities are included in your rent :)

tonight's grocery haul
2x6 packs of sausage rolls
500g minced beef
2 packs chicken nuggets
1 pack frozen chips
2 litres milk
1 can beans
1 can peas
4 pack 7 inch pizzas
2 x bbq chicken breasts
2 jars white sauce
2 jars lasagne sauce
3 packs lasagne sheets
1 pack frozen chopped onion
3 bulbs garlic
4 pack scotch pies

total cost £17.60,
2 weeks worth of main meals

>Also interested in these threads
>always based in America, where food seems to be absurdly cheap

I'd like to see this pulled off at a Coles.

american companies deliberately underpay their employees so cletus and jamal can stuff more fried meat down their throats

It's ridiculous. Compared to the UK, it seems like Americans have:
- cheaper food
- higher wages
- lower taxes
We're really getting screwed

ur a naive idiot

dry beans, brown rice; and then carrots, broccoli, and spinach.

chicken and fucking rice faggot

chicken breast is $1/l. That's 10 days for 10 dollars.

Sounds like somebody young, healthy, and with no issues would say.
If you don't have a decent job, have a health issue, or don't have mommy and daddy to back you up then you're right snoggered.

So I'm subsidising the parasites. Wonderful, time to leave the country

Rice, Oats, Beans, eggs, Cheese,

And the cheapest Meat you can find.

Or learn to bake bread with flour and yeast.

Where do you guys find chicken that's a dollar a pound that isn't a whole chicken? Individual cuts are no cheaper than 2 dollars near me.

ALDI or ASDA?

objectively wrong

kill yourself

Ok guys i have to live off £10 a week for groceries. Uni student.
All i've been buying are bread, eggs, sausages, dry soups, noodles, frozen meals, frozen chicken breasts and frozen fries.

...I thought we couldn't go lower Han 20 bucks. Seems I guessed wrong.

How long until we have someone dropping by asking how to live off 5$ a week? 1$? Nothing?

not my fault my fucking roomates decide to scam me off over £2220 and not pay for the internet bills this entire year.
I have 2 months of uni and i fucking go back to my home, this year has been full of shit for me.
Just need help surviving and trying for these 2 months..

You do realize you live on an island, I hope. And it's not like Brexit is gonna make things any better.

Usually in bulk. Manager's specials/clearance.

Just cook a whole chicken

Eggs- 2$
Rice- 3$
Chicken- 5$
Potatoes- 3$
Frozen Veggies- 2$

use some leftover cash get an abundant snack for when you dont wanna cook

essentially you can use that bag of potatoes for snacks (french fries) as well if not an entire meal together as a potato skillet (fried potatoes with egg on top)

My cousin damn near lived off potatoes for a month cause reasons

Also ground beef and noodles with cheap tomato sauce can last you a week if made in mass

You could buy a 10lb sack of potatoes for less than $2 & 12 large eggs .69c right now in my area,just looks for sales and shit my dude

This. Probably will have enough left over to buy a baguette with too.

But milk seems to cause autism

Ramen lot's of it, that or cans

A bag of potatoes, a bag of dried beans, and a back of chicken thighs or whatever the cheapest per lb chicken you can find. Also see if your store has stuff on sale. For example there's a local Krogers here that you can get meat cheap as fuck on manager special or whatever. Like $.99 for a pound of Johnsonville ground italian sausage (not the pre-cooked crap). With whatever extras get a big ol' bag of frozen mixed veggies (I go for broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)

*and a bag of chicken

Stop buying frozen meals. Just get potatoes, rice, and whatever meats and eggs you can find cheap. A 10lb bag of potatoes for example will last you a week or two. Also check out ethnic shops, they tend to sell stuff a good 10-20% cheaper than most chain shops.

I've worked in one of these and people steal often, it's pretty shit desu.

value BL/SL chicken breasts
taco seasoning
tortillas

>nitpicking one little thing to shit on

t. faggot cocksucking hoodrat

get revenge on them user

Then you're not really hungry either. You don't what it's like living om a tight budget, wannabe poor person douchebag

Pearl jam sucks.

Buy 12$ in frozen veggies, bag of rice, bag of beans, rest in meat.

If it's a gas oven it cost literally cents. An electric oven would cost at most 40-50cents (unlikely).

We also have bigger houses, and more freedom.

When you die of malnutrition after a month you'll lose weight though

Speaking as a danish person, you have no fucking idea how many potatoes we eat.

Are you only recently poor?

I grew up poor and I make less than 25k a year in an East coast city. 20 bucks for food wouldn't present me with any sort of challenge requiring advice.

Here's your cart:
Brown rice and/or potatoes
Beans/peas/lentils
Whatever the cheapest green vegetable your grocery has (usually kale or collards)
Bananas
Carrots
Your primary source of animal protein should be eggs and butter, anything else is inefficient and less versatile.

Use the leftover 3 bucks to buy new condiments/spices.

big houses but ruined cities

That's because they all moved to suburbia.

The American obsession with having a big house as a status symbol is disgusting.

electric oven costs roughly $0.50/hr using a low figure of $0.10 USD per kilowatt hour

It's not a status symbol, they are very comfy. Plus they are not that expensive, $200,000 or so.

You're also stuck living in the middle of nowhere so you have to drive 20+ minutes in order to do anything.

>status symbol

houses are dwellings, why the hell would you settle for a cuckshed apartment?

Because I'd rather walk 5 minutes to buy groceries or booze than get in my car, drive 20 minutes, park, walk 5 minutes to the store, walk 5 minutes back to my car, drive another 20 minutes to the next store, repeat, then get home and find a letter from the HOA telling me that my curtains are the wrong color and I'll be fined for not letting some bored elderly asshole dictate the how I decorate the inside of a home that I ostensibly (but, apparently, not actually) own

you are a confirmed cuck then

I pour bacon grease down the drain without a moment's hesitation. You get bullied by retirees over the kind of vegetation you're "allowed" to have in your front yard and what color cloth to hang in your window.

Enjoy all those conveniences in your "autonomous independent self-reliant castle", I'll enjoy being the cuck I am.

My complex started fining people for leaving trashbags outside their doors at night before taking them out un the morning. We started moving our trash between me and my neighbor so they don't know who to fine.

Post the coupon and weekly specials of the local grocery stores and we will tell you. stick with those for the best bang for your buck. In wisconny we got green beans and shrooms and blueberries on the dollar day sales.

Yeah i guess frozen meals are bad since they're like £2 each. I do like the idea of potatoes over the frozen fries, a bag lasted me for weeks compared to a bag of frozen ones and i can add small amount of olive oil instead of whatever's in the pre made thing.
My roomates practically dont let me use the kitchen either even if i paid more than my fair share of the rent and all the other bullshit my roomates are doing. I just had to resort on frozen stuff because of that, till then i cook things in the oven or frying pan or microwave.

They bully me and shit even if i paid for this expensive apartment, my roomates bf freelos this place, the rent includes all bills except for internet 6 months each, they refuse to pay the rent as 3 people and make me pay 50% while they pay 25% each. The agency wont do anything and because of this issue i have with them taking my £2800 + risking my £800 deposit and me going to court because of an extra tennant living in the house. They're not even paying for the only bill we have to pay, the internet. Now im having to eat off £10 a month, save me from this hell, get me a lawyer, fuck my life..

>Do you ever notice how ARYAN white people cannot tolerate spicy food?
apparently me and many others aren't white

I feel you.

I'd rather live in the city, but all the affordable places are full of black people.