Why isn't glass cookware more of a thing?

why isn't glass cookware more of a thing?

i know it has mediocre thermal properties but for some applications, being able to see your food cook outweighs them

it's perfect for anything boiled

fun to watch, too

glass is too dangerus , medal make more since

>mediocre thermal properties
You answered your own question m8

just make soup in a pyrex bowl then

>Drop a pot of boiling water, brought to temp in glass.

>Pot shatters, you slip and get rekt by scalding water and shards of hot glass stick all over you.

Trial and error, obviously everyone thought it was retarded. You can still cook in a dented pot, even use it as body armor.

>Drop
Just tap it with a metal spoon and it'll shatter.

Glass too dangerus , mettle make moore since

>tap glass pot with metal spoon while cooking
>pot shatters, water floods gas and all pilots flooded
>wait an hour to shopvac out the range

this isn't the main issue though

glass, even "special" glass like borosilicate or gorilla glass or whatever brand of hardened clear stuff, will fucking shatter past a certain temperature

I wouldn't trust anything clear past 450F
not to mention rapid heating and cooling + imperfections (scratches/hairline cracks) will drastically lower that temp

just google "glassware shatter temperature" and see all the results of people with a mess of glass and food in an oven and multiply by 10x when you put fire under that thing

I've had Pyrex explode in the oven while making lasagna. That was a fun cleanup.

I had a pyrex pan explode after I put hot hot meatballs and tomato sauce in it to mix with pasta. It wasn't cold beforehand or anything.

It went off like a bomb on my kitchen table. There was glass EVERYWHERE, from giant chunks to minute slivers. It took a very, very long time to clean up. I have two dogs so I spent hours sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and repeating to make sure there wasn't anything there.

>quickly drain pasta
>hot glass pot touches cold sink because you were trying to finish your sauce at the same time
>thermal shock causes pot to explode
>you die with spilled spaghetti because a flying glass shard severed an artery

Measuring cups, coffee pots, and non-broiler safe baking dishes. Glass bowls are nice, because they can be microwaved. And drinking glasses, of course.
But that's about it, advanced ceramics, metals, and coated metals are superior for most cooking tasks.

>what is a wood spoon?

>why isn't glass cookware more of a thing?

Its not more of "a thing" because it fucking cracks into pieces and your food is garbage.

I have a glass kettle, it fogs up very fast because of hard water buildup.
You pretty much have to keep cleaning it with citric acid or vinegar to keep it transparent.

What is just not using a fucking glass pot

OPs next question will be "why do I need to wipe my asshole after poopoo"

are you retards cooking with cracked and chipped glassware? or are you just memeing?

Why not make it out of transparet aluminum?

I use it exclusively for casseroles
seems like things get cooked through before burning on top a little better

same. really hope mine doesn't fucking explode on me.

I had a glass table top break into a million pieces in my hands as I was carrying it. Scared me to death. I had no idea why it happened. Luckily I was wearing glasses so I didn't get any glass dust in my eyes. I think I breathed a little in though.

>doesn't use a detachable showerhead
Wiping is for inefficient plebs

Maybe that would work if I was a woman but I have leg hair and it feels icky to have the water drain down my legs.

Old -- meaning real -- Pyrex has been a thing for generations.

Then Corning sold off the brand in around 2008 and fucking ruined it. They make it with ordinary glass instead of borosilicate glass, so the new shit explodes if you do anything wrong, or even if you don't.

yeah spraying aerosolized water and shit all over yourself and your bathroom is really hygienic.

Why are you so against an idea that you pretend to have tried it. Water doesn't drain down your leg, dumb fuck. You sit over the edge of the bathtub or if you don't have a bath, you squat. Nothing goes down your leg. And even if it did, it should feel a LOT more "icky" for you to have a constant residue of SHIT smeared on your asshole, which is the best scenario smearing shit on your asshole with paper can provide. FUCK I FUCKING HATE STUPID PEOPLE.You. Clean. Your. Ass. With. Water. Not. With. PAPER.

Paper works fine though. Use the fluffy absorbent kind maybe your parents only buy you the kind that spears it everywhere.

>you to have a constant residue of SHIT smeared on your asshole, which is the best scenario smearing shit on your asshole with paper can provide. FUCK I FUCKING HATE STUPID PEOPLE.You. Clean. Your. Ass. With. Water. Not. With. PAPER.
Check your diet if you don't get clean wipes bro.

Wow, it appears you have rather strong feelings about how people should clean their ass. It's admirable, I suppose, to feel strongly about something, but are you certain ass wiping is the direction?

>mediocre thermal properties
Literally why.

he's probably a mudslime

Agreed, people that don't use water to clean their ass deserve to smell terrible.

wow judgmental much?

Are you literally shaking?