Burger recipe

Okay I make decent burgers, nothing fancy. Tonight I put an egg in and they turned into a sloppy mess. These things are never gonna stick together on the grill. Who the hell came up with this terrible idea, so fucking mad right now REEEE

How do you do a burger right Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y4y22RQH05c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Garlic powder
MSG
Worcestershire

salt pepper and 80% meant %20 fat.

Sounds good. MSG is so damn good, I had a Japanese lady for a while and her family put it in stuff. It gets a bad rap.

Hmmm okay, I always use lean beef. Do you cook it pretty well, or let them be greasy?

cooked the way you like. but i think they taste good medium.

Don't grill your burgers.

Get high quality chuck steak with high fat content. grind it yourself, remember to keep it cold otherwise the fat will melt. Put the ground meat in the fridge to keep it cold. Take it out and form ball shaped patties, working them as little as possible to keep them cold. Fry in a cast iron pan. Press them out as soon as you put in the pan. Salt and pepper are the only spices needed.

Don't grill burgers, use a pan, preferably cast iron.

80:20, s&p just before you grill and dent the middle

I just cover both sides in applewood smoke rub.

Try making Lorne sausage, it's my favourite patty. Use equal parts minced beef and pork, nutmeg, coriander, salt, black pepper, an egg and roughly 100g rusk as well as 100ml of water per 500g of meat. Stuff the mixture into a loaf pan and cover it with cling film to chill overnight, then just slice pieces off as needed.

>Tonight I put an egg in and they turned into a sloppy mess

Yeah, adding liquid when it isn't necessary will do that.

>Burger.
>Salt.
>Pepper.
>Garlic.
>Grill over coals and add apple wood for smoke.
>Cover that shit, and flip when needed.
>Enjoy burger.

Well grinding your own meat is how you avoid needing to season the shit out of your meat but aside from that:

If you're using ground lean beef you will need to season it. Even fattier beef will need seasoning.

Worcestershire sauce
Pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder

Add the salt right before you put it on the grill / pan or else it'll break up the proteins. Dent the middle. Don't overwork the meat, that compresses it and makes it harder to cook.

This is my recipe.
It takes a bit of work, but I feel its worth it.

80/20 ground beef
Onion
Garlic cloves (to taste)
Sweet Paprika
salt
pepper

Liquidize the onion and garlic cloves
Cook the onion garlic paste and reduce until thick (it'll be dark green)
Add paprika to the onion garlic paste to adjust color
Add salt (2% of the beef's weight)
Add pepper (1 % of the beef's weight)
mix all the ingredients thoroughly

Press into rounds and sear over hot coals before finishing over in direct heat.

>Liquidize the onion and garlic cloves
wew

>Taste the meat, not the heat.

>Don't grill burgers

This, 100% this. Grills are a meme when it comes to red meat.

If you're adding egg, you need to add some bread crumbs to absorb some of that moisture and make the patty hold a solid shape.

I haven't done bread crumbs in a while. Usually I just salt and pepper, maybe a little Bay Seasoning. Cook on the grill.

Great, now you have meatloaf

So? Slice a meatloaf thin and throw it between two slices of bread. Viola...burger!

Be sure to put lots of aromatics like oregano rosemary and thyme all dry also sweat of some onion and garlic. Some smoked paprika works too. 1 egg per 500gr of meat

WRONG

Meatloafs usually have tomato sauce and onions mixed in.

Finally I can live in peace now that I saw HIM

Don't add egg. Make the patties and refrigerate before cooking. Maybe even toss them them in the freezer for an hour. Cold patties hold together better and cook more evenly. If the burger is dry you can add lard next time. It's especially important higher fat burgers are chilled thoroughly before cooking or your grill will flare up and the burgers will burn and crumble before they are cooked. Don't try to flip a burger that's sticking. When it's ready to be flipped it won't stick.

>spicing your meat
>adding the salt and pepper meme

I like my burgers plain.

Burgers are made of MEAT. Not meat and eggs and herbs and grasses and cow shit. MEAT. youtube.com/watch?v=y4y22RQH05c