What's the best cut of meat and marinade for beef jerky?

What's the best cut of meat and marinade for beef jerky?

The best bits the Rump

Lime and cracked pepper

Most lean cuts will do just fine, trim any visible fat and sinew.
A1 sauce, top round.
Bottom round salt, and a shitload of pepper
Sriracha sauce
Teriyaki
Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, liquid smoke, cayenne pepper, white pepper.

If you're using a dehydrator with a temp setting, don't set it to 160, you want to dry it, not cook it. Set it to 100 and dry for an extra couple hours.

Brown sugar salt and pepper

>sugar on jerky

Do Americans really do this?

O B S E S S E D

Not really, it's more of a serious question. Who the fuck puts sugar on jerky?

No, not true 'murricans. We use HFCS.

Some marinades can use a little sugar, it'll draw moisture out of the meat, and balance some of the flavors with sweetness. For a couple pounds of meat, a tablespoon or two of brown sugar isn't insane. You can't put bitter and sharp flavors all over the place without balance.

I usually use london broil and marinate it in soy sauce, liquid smoke, garlic, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.

what the hell is liquid smoke

Well its smoke, but in liquid form.

a shitty sauce that's supposed to mimic the flavor of smoking meat

So its some retarded, corn syrup filled american thing?

No, when you create smoke, its in a vapor, and when it condenses on a cooler surface, it turns into a liquid.

Do you have internet in your third world country? Try googling how liquid smoke is made.

Not really a sauce, it's literally smoke particulate in liquid.

might as well ask, what is a good brand of beef jerky? I've tried some of the "Better" brands but they always seem really soft and slathered in powders, right now I just eat jack links because it's really dry and the spices are cooked into the meat, which I like.

robertsons

I like mine chewier and drier rather than softer and moister
flank steak

Use pineapple juice
trust me