Favorite vegetable thread

what's your veg of choice?

goat

fine choice

The common mushroom.

I like to slowly cook .5kg for about 2 hours, then just eat them plainl. Sometimes, I use them in place of meat for vegan fajitas or burritos. I'm not vegan, I eat turkey and fish frequently, but I really like some vegan recipes, especially ones that make heavy use of mushrooms.

green onions go in everything, go on everything, raw, cooked, you name it

mushrooms are fuckin awesome

Greens onions and broccoli are how I keep my weight in control.

runner up. still delicious

yes. goat garnish

meme

yes

my favorite vegetable

agreed

broccoli

>vegetable

Broccoli is so good , I could just steam it and eat it plain all day

Intelligence is knowing tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting tomato in a fruit salad.

I love me some red meat but I'm telling you, if I could get my hands on any fresh cheap mushroom I wanted at any time I would never eat meat again.

I liek potato.
I want french fries and vodka in this pic too.

I like mushrooms bu they are kinda expensive, a completely pain in the ass to clean, and i don't really how to cook them well.

Do you only put then in a pan/pot with medium heat and move from time to time? Do I need to add any liquids?

Yup except use a cast iron pan and don't move them around, let them brown at least 3-4 minutes before turning and doing the same thing on the other side. They have so much water that eventually gets evaporated, you usually don't need to add anything.

Once they've browned and released a bunch of water you can move them around and add seasoning, I like a small amount of worcestershire and soy sauce with black pepper.

best vegetable coming through

Heat olive oil in a pan. Dice a large onion and saute it on medium/high heat until it's almost uniformly browned.

Get a pound of button mushrooms. Cut your mushrooms into quarter-inch slices and toss them in the pan with the browned onions. Mix them together, add a sprinkling of salt and pepper, then cover the pan. Cook until the mushrooms are soft and dark, but before the onions are burnt. It's one of my favorite sides to make for a steak or roast.

When I do the slow-cook method mentioned in , I add water as it evaporates and just boil them in about 2cm of water for those 2 hours, adding a bit of water about every 15 mins, then stop adding water and let it evaporate. Eventually, the liquid turns into sort of a thickened mushroom sauce and although the mushrooms turned nearly black, they're moist and meaty (haha).

I call this method "fry boiling".

Avocado, broccoli, eggplant, onion, and edamame.

I bristle at mushrooms being called vegetables, even culinarily, but they'd top all five if I were to count them. Specifically shiitake.

garlic

Sweet, delicious gems. If you don't like brussel sprouts, you're a big time fag

These two for me. Brussel sprouts are a bit too seasonal, but I eat broccoli almost every day. I dont know why its so good...

mushrooms arnt vegetables you scrub

Sugar snap peas rinsed and raw

Step aside motherfuckers.

Also properly prepared bitter melon is GOAT.

Even if onions ain't your personal favourite, you can't deny it's the GOAT regarding cooking

> properly prepared
do tell

Blanch it for a couple minutes to make it way less bitter and saute it, ideally with sauce that's more on the sweet side and noodles.
I usually hate bitter stuff but that shit is good.

Oh, forgot to write to cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle before making small pieces.

For me it's the carrot, the best kind of vegetable.

Pumpkin!

Perfect main ingredient veg... can be sweet as in pies, tarts, muffins OR it can be savoury, goes great in lasagne, pastas, soups. And it's low calorie, just 6% carbs, it's pure flavour.

Not what op asked for

This.

I just really like leaves.

I think fennel is gross... I don't like how it tastes like licorice

God tier

that's a fruit you dumb bitch

ITT: a bunch of pansy libtarded democrats
real men eat meat and only meat
apex predator atop the food chain faggots
all about that carnivore life 24/7

thanks, user

>I bristle at mushrooms being called vegetables, even culinarily, but they'd top all five if I were to count them.
Yet you have no problem calling avocados vegetables?

k