Kitchen Thread

Post your kitchen. Some cleaning up allowed edition.

nice reecesed lights and stainless steel flyover

Thanks, but what's a flyover?

You dun goofed op. Your kitchen speaks volumes.

You're a serial killer that has at least 4 bodies buried in your backyard, one still alive trapped in your basement and you just dismembered a body.

Nice kitchen but that steel shelving is atrocious.
I spy a cheeky pizza box.

Yeah, but remodeling is out of the price range right now, just purchased the house. Not sure what'd be better.

I could condense most of it into the rest of the cabinets, but I'd still need something else there. And I really like how easily accessible the racks make all the appliances.

this kitchen has a lot of potential. the absurdly out of place bamboo blinds are about the only thing out of place in what is an otherwise very nice, modern kitchen. is right - that shelcing is terrible. that odd counter depth wall really fucks things up for no reason. whoever designed that kitchen could have left that nonsense out and extended the counter a good 4 feet to the left and you'd have had a really awesome kitchen.

also, all that goddamn wasted space on the top of the cabinets.... would it have killed them to just get custom ones a foot higher?

I really like your parents kitchen

Friend of my husband got rid of the brass shelving unit. It's nice to see all at once the cooking shit I've wasted money on over the years.

What's in that cute little glass house?

>my husband

Here we go boys. Another one of those BAIT posts I keep talking about. Now everyone is going to reply with "omg are u a girl" and it's going to turn out to be some flaming homo. Report and sage

>report because i dont like gay people
>sage is a downvote
kys

not sure why you triggered everyone but yeah those racks are bad.

coils / 10

Basil

Am raging homo, who else would have basil in a mini greenhouse from Ikea.

Looks homey / lived in, pretty cute. What do you use your mortar and pestle for mostly? I used to leave mine out, but I didn't make rubs or grind herbs enough.

Herb butter, grinding sichuan peppercorns, pesto. Food processors just slice the plant matter, crushing it with a mortar and pestle means bruising & actually extracting flavours.

I was also supposed to get the guy's stove too, but it was slightly larger than the clearance we can get. If we weren't renting -- I would have invested in getting a gas line and installing a real range

Gas is cool but if anything just get induction. A good high end induction will be the same a good gas stove + installing a gas line but will save you money in the long run and is slightly superior.

I've never used one before, but you might consider one of those single induction burners for cooking things that really benefit from fine temperature control.

Not a huge amount of room but it works for me.

I've been thinking about buying one of those, or even a single gas burner -- but I'm always worried I'll crack the cooktop. I use cast iron a lot and tend to be rather aggressive with my pan flipping, etc.

Listing picture. I just bought the house about a month ago. I'm trying to get a kitchen island for more counter space.

Well, since cast iron has such high heat retention, I doubt it benefits nearly as much from induction vs. electric.

Yeah, that's zero prep space as is.

There's a counter with two bar stools behind it but you can't see. Still not enough. WIP.

autism

>people posting about cookware on a cooking board? a-autism!
lmao @ your life

Shit, now I gotta get some brass furniture.

you are overusing that word pls stop

Retard.

This was an old girlfriends kitchen when I was in college and she lived at home with her parents.

One more.

Wow, it's huge.

ive fucked a girl in that exact house

The stove is an antique gas Quickmeal from the 50s or something.

what type of bohemian makeshift apartment is this

Meh. It's cheap and convenient. Used to be an office for a trucking company. Not technically a legal place of residence but the landlords are old hippies and don't really care. Plus I'm a distiller and those double white doors lead into the distillery I work at so that's pretty cool, but the place smells like fermentation sometimes.

Whelp, that's pretty cool, man.

Holy fuck, you and me would be great friends.

That's a pretty cool space -- it's not really that different from converted factory into loft apartments. I could strongly consider getting an island with a butcher block or something similar for work surface. Also, I assume you can't get a range hood somehow?

It's a model house. There are literally hundreds of others nearly identical to it.

Yup, you need work space and more storage space unless there's a separate pantry room/closet.

>It's a model house. There are literally hundreds of others nearly identical to it.

Way to miss the joke, Einstein

>wears a helmet

C U C K
U
C
K

thanks bud

plz b in tacoma

Yeah that would be great. I do a shit ton of prep work and I run out of space pretty quick. A hood is unfortunately out of the question. It does mean I cook with less fat though, since I hate having to clean grease spots off of my glassware.

lel, as if riding a motorcycle isn't extremely dangerous as is, you are retarded enough to increase your risk of permanent brain damage to try to look cool or macho. fuck outta here

>implying i don't long for the sweet release of death or incapacity

>implying he has a brain that can be damaged any further.

What's the picture on that mug?

That's what I thought

I don't know if it's the lighting or the minimalist design but your kitchen looks like something out of a horror game

I'll take that as a compliment.

cheap/10
old & cheap/10
fucking awful/10. who the fuck puts the sink next to the stove next to the fridge? dumb as fuck design
old fashioned/10
absurd, yet kinda nice.

Probably shouldn't work out on a sprinkler pipe. wrap it to the pillar.

fuck this

That thing will bust dude. What are you thinking?

Not a sprinkler, it's just pipe I bolted to the ceiling myself for a pull-up bar.