Why do Americans hate to eat lamb? At 0.9lbs/year (0.4kg) average annual consumption...

Why do Americans hate to eat lamb? At 0.9lbs/year (0.4kg) average annual consumption, it accounts for only 1/3rd of 1% of meat consumed in the US. The US is not even among the top 50 lamb-consuming nations.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep_Wars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a little expensive here. I'd eat it more often if it was cheaper, I love the lamb samosas at the Indian restaurant downtown.

US has a very powerful beef lobby

It's one of my favorite meats but it's also very pricey. I could imagine that people whose parents couldn't/didn't bother to buy it regularly just never got a taste for it and as a result have no reason to buy something so overpriced they only half-like.

It's less that Americans hate the stuff and more that beef is much more prevalent, so lamb and mutton are more expensive.

I fucking love lamb but frozen ground lamb is four or five times more expensive than fresh ground pork or beef

This is because a hundred years ago cow farmers shot all their neighbors' sheep in a fight for grazing lands and the American diet never recovered

Surprised that the UK is that low desu. Considering all the kebab houses we have here and that roast lamb is generally accepted for sunday dinners.

Only terrorists eat lamb

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep_Wars

The effects spilled over into other new world countries which is why beef is preferred there.

Why is America not on that list?
Also, I love lamb. I don't like goat as much, but I'll still eat it. It's just not around.

last time my bitch wife bought lamb i beat her half to death
i don't work 8 hours a day to have her waste my fucking money on stupid shit

I like lamb.

However, it's priced as a delicacy here, so it's not worth buying. It's cheaper to pick up some USDA Prime ribeyes at that point.

>kebab
>lamb
it's turkey meat mostly, why do you think it's so cheap

it's expensive, and you get lots of bones.

I don't know where all these cucks live but I can get lamb for $7/lb so it's not THAT expensive for me. However, everyone I know either hates it or thinks it's icky despite never trying it. I think people here are just too used to their chuck steaks and chicken tendies.

>for $7/lb
yeah but 75% of it is fat and bones

Not really. Ground is $6 for 1 lb, $7/lb for lamb loin which is really lean, $5/lb for semi boneless leg. Lamb ribs are the only more expensive cut at $9/lb. I'm sorry you live in a shithole with expensive lamb.

This.

Its just this.

Lamb, Goat, you name it, meat lobby will shut it down.

because beef is so much cheaper here
If they were similarly priced I would eat a lot more lamb

Yes Americans hate lamb. So wait until it goes on clearance for the same price as ground chuck.

It tastes like grass.

Because most americans will hear the term "lamb" and think of cutesy baby sheepies and feel disgust at the idea of slaughtering baby animals or whatever.

Is a much less cultural and subjective reason, however. Sheep farming was just up and pushed out of america.

I love lamb, but as several others have said, it's very pricy. Call me a poorfag or whatever, but you can pay like, $15 for a tiny store brand piece of lamb that's like, 30% bone. I'll have it every now and then because it's delicious, but I don't buy it regularly.