Fucking really, americans?

Sunday is the easiest shopping day, but anyway. You just know when he provides an unsolicited justification for tipping, he's weak willed down deep inside and overcompensating to conceal that fact.

You actually expect me to read all that just to argue with you? Fuck off.

>Sunday is the easiest shopping day

fuck you. no its not. its the fucking apocalypse of retail.

The only tips I saw/received when I worked at a grocery store was when one of us would help an old woman carry her groceries to her car or load of bags of salt for people.
If I got it just for ringing someone up I'd feel weird as fuck

>one line

heh, yeah, I guess I did.

Also this. This is when all the ads change over and they have to tear down and build new displays

no one cares about what retail workers think.

I always go at about six a.m. and it's always super dead and peaceful.

>tipping
>tipping at grocery store
kek

KEK

K E K

I give my UberEATS driving five bucks every time they deliver. I love being a tipping American and I'm a wealthy guy so it feels good to spread the love.

It's a grocery delivery service. Americans don't tip normal grocery store employees.

Everyday is dead at 6AM. Friday evenings are the slowest "peak time" days. Everyone wants to go home or out after the workweek. It is surprisingly quiet at 5-6PM on a Friday night.

I don't typically tip but I would reccomend to everyone to randomly tip excessively just once to see what happens.

>go to sushi shop
>sit there in silence like I usually do
>hardly acknowledge the waitress
>twenty dollar bill
>tip twenty dollars
>leave without a word
>return the next day for lunch at the same time
>the service is like night and day compared to the first time
>she remembered everything I ordered yesterday, she took my hat and coat it was the best service ever
>give her another huge tip because I don't give a fuck
>return for the third day
>another waitress serves me today
>I observe the waitress from the past two days emerge from the kitchen and sees me already seated
>saddest face I ever saw on a woman

I never went back after that day.

>Sunday is the easiest shopping day
Tues-Thurs is easiest, if you go during the day. Usually any day a little after midnight is great, but that only leaves Walmart open.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday are awful for a few reasons. Like how 40% of peoples days off fall on a friday or monday because they think they're being clever getting a three day weekend. There's a fuckload more people out and about on fri/mon than the rest of the weekdays.
Then there's how old fucking jobless farts are so god damn pathetic and lonely that they wait their WHOLE WEEK while everybody else is at work, to go to the store on fucking saturday or sunday, most families only days off, so they can clog up the parking lot, drive like shit, walk like crippled assholes, block aisles, argue about coupons, bring back week old fruit they didn't like so they can get a few dimes, and just generally be the most annoying, ancient obstacle we face regularly in our lives
fuck old people, as soon as I retire I'm only going to shop on wednesday mornings.

Many old people deliberately go to the store when there's loads of people there because they're looking for chances to socialize. I hate them. Back when I worked the register at our local store one old guy would come in 3 minutes before we closed just so he could talk to the cashier without any other customers making him move on. We eventually got into a shouting match and I said it was obvious what he was doing and told him to go fuck himself. He didn't show up for a month after that but eventually he started again.

Jesus, you're an asshole. When I was a shop clerk this old lady used to come in every day dressed up all fancy and order the exact same chamomile tea. She'd talk and talk and talk and eventually I'd be like ok I have to help this customer and she'd get it, and sit down and drink her tea.

When all your friends and relatives are dead and you're the last one, you'll remember that old guy and feel bad.

Yeah if you have the money it makes sense. I give valet guys 20 bucks to park my car all the time places i regular. It's always up front, they run to me first while everyone else waits. And it means they can make some extra money. It's not going to make a difference in my life but it might theirs. Waitresses and waiters I generally over tip, Uber drivers and UberEATS always get extra, etc.

He came in when we we're about to close and held us up for ten minutes at least 5 times a week. Fuck that guy. Believe it or not but the guy was banned in the other store across town because he'd stalk cashiers following them home and had the police called on him several times due to harassment and threats.
The problem with these people is that they're so weird and/or annoying that nobody that isn't paid to deal with them ever talk to them, so they don't understand how to talk to people or how to create real relationships. The only people they talk to are forced to be pleasant to them, so they never learn. I hated 'em back in the day and I still get irritable when I see one. There were loads of old people who were charming and pleasant who I almost miss nowadays, but fuck him and people like him.

>but that only leaves Walmart open
No Walmarts here, but Harris Teeter is open 24/7

You're making it too extreme. Lonely weird people exist and you aren't making overtime for shooting the shit with them.
My favorite customer always buys the same combination of things, always has exact change ready, and the only thing we say is "Hey, how are you?" and "Thank you"

This.

There was this older guy that used to come into a hardware store I worked at a few years ago, he'd talk all day but he also was genuinely interesting. Wasn't lonely or anything, he just liked to talk.

Weird motherfuckers trying to force conversation on the cashier should be executed though.

I don't tip UberEATS deliverers.

I've never seen the same person twice, and I was told that UberEATS doesn't do tips and has a higher delivery fee for this.

That's what bothers you? The tipping is ridiculous but not the fact that the person paid $155 for $86 of groceries?

This guy is a cuck i dont tip anywhere unless the waitress has nice tits and rubs them on my arm. ALSO SU DAY IS NOT FUCKING EASY THAT ARE FRIDAY IS THE HARDEST

>It is surprisingly quiet at 5-6PM on a Friday night.
man its different everywhere you go

i think it has to do with the age and activity level of the people living around the grocery

no fucking shit it's 6am you giant retard, neck yourself