When people hunt how long does the meat last?

When people hunt how long does the meat last?

Yes

You didn't answer my question.

Maybe

If your butcher vacuum packs the meat and you keep it frozen it should stay good for years.

Until it's eaten. Then what's not used by the body becomes feces.

Nope.

Too damn long

You shoot ONE deer and suddenly every freezer you have access too is full of steaks for the next 6 months.

Try again later

>When people hunt how long, does the meat last?
Yes.

Too many open variables makes for stupid questions

Have you actually been diagnosed as being retarded or are you pretending ?

I once found perfectly good meat in a crypt that had not been opened in thousands of years when I was playing skyrim

also lit candles and torches

An elk lasts me an entire year with plenty given away as well
No wife or kids though

This is the correct answer.

Hell, I just like shooting living beings

>t. Never hunted in his life.

I don't know of any legitimate hunter that enjoys the actual killing point in time. It would take a special kind of person to enjoy seeing an animal die, and there are not many capable of it. It's actually the very worst part of hunting, imho. The only thing we try to do is make it happen quickly.

Vermin hunter, maybe.

well some people apparently enjoy killing people so it stands to reason that someone might enjoy killing animals

The two usually correlate

I like killing birds and squirrels that think they can out run me. And exterminating varmints.

Idk, I've killed vermin that were invading my vegetable garden and it gives me no pleasure whatsoever. Even a rancher killing coyotes or wolves, I doubt takes peasure in it unless they're some kind of wierdo. Not even being political here, but as a hunter, one of the things that really turned my stomach was seeing Palin killing with glee. That shit doesn't work for me.

Why are hunters such in-denial faggots about their bloodlust?

If you don't want to kill an animal then don't, like put the gun down. Walk away nigga

I even feel bad about killing mice. I can imagine feeling satisfaction at killing a coyote that's been killing your animals but idk.

maybe they like meat and would prefer to take personal responsibility instead of buying their meat wrapped-up in plastic wrap and pretending they're not responsible for the death of an animal because they paid someone twice removed to kill the animal for them.

Two entirely different situations. There are lots of people out there that would prolong your pain and suffering prior to killing you, solely for their enjoyment. Animals do not do such things.

I see you've never spent much time with cats.

No. I eat meat. I have areas near my house that are excellent for hunting. I'm aware enough that to go buy my meat at a grocery because I don't want to see an animal die is absolute hypocrisy. Therefore, I will humanely kill for food. I pass up shots all the time if I'm not certain it will be a heart or lung shot for an almost immediate kill. I also butcher the animal and all edible parts are consumed. Fwiw, there are no trophies on my property. I save no antlers or heads for display.

There is no bloodlust, period. As I said, the killing is the worst part.

Almost all animals can outrun you, fatass. Good luck exterminating all of them.

I save the antlers and use them to make knife handles.

Well there you have it. Hunters don't actually care about animals or they'd be making their hoofs into glue, their skin into leather, their teeth into shaman medicine powder, and their brains into bio/hybrid computers

Charade you are

On a long enough timeline pretty much no animal can outrun a human

Except that people don't need rely soley on animal based products to produce that sort of stuff anymore. I do use the hides though. Only things that I don't use are the bones and most of the gastrointestinal system, though I do save the heart and liver. Also, I care more about the animal than most non-hunters do. In my area thanks to running off most dominant predators and abundant food sources thanks to farm fields, the deer population is so large that many deer will either die on the road or starve during the lean months after all the produce is picked and dead. I take responsibility that these animals have to be culled back to manageable levels every year so they don't die needlessly.

Can I have your skulls?

humans can literally just walk animal to death, they do it in africa.

>I don't know of any legitimate hunter that enjoys the actual killing point in time.

I like animals, but either I like or at least am not bothered by killing them.

Like how a wolf could be fine eating one rabbit but befriend a different one. When I'm hunting, I'm just taking life to maintain life, it's just partaking in nature. Nailing a perfect shot is satisfying, as well as all the meat it'll yield, so it's hard to say I don't enjoy killing deer to some extent.

I kill two deer a year and the last piece I eat is almost always a year old or more and it's always as good as the first piece. I'd guess It could probably keep two years.

Granted I vacuum seal everything.

Also, on the off chance there's some kind of bad bacteria, I freeze everything except the heart. The first thing I cook is always the heart. It's magical when it's fresh.

I've yet to see a fellow hunter that "enjoys" to see an animal die. Most are just happy that they got one. There is a healthy respect for animals we hunt.

Yeah, good luck with that, bushmaster. As soon as he's out of sight, what's your next step?

>muh, I human. I smarter than furry animal. I find trail by looking for cheeto stains like I leave wherever I go, waddle- waddle.

The book of Enoch and the cave of treasures states that it is OK to eat meat for food. Before the fall of man to earth, lions ate grass and animals were not afraid of man.

After judgment and the kingdom animals will return to eating plants.

Marry an elk.

Venison and most game meat in general tastes like an asshole.

If I could hunt a cow, I'd gladly plug it.

what a dilemma

Oh look, a crazy evangelical or orthodox jew. Medicate much? If not see a medfag, asap.

Moose is really good, elk is nice too.

Hunting is arguably more humane than supporting most factory farmed meats.

If you process it right, the same as lean beef. If wrong, it'll be garbage before it goes into the freezer and good for nothing but dog food after.

Not in the way of making the most use out of animals and their byproducts. The meat industry is highly efficient and able to supply a lot of people's demands.

Animals are gross so who cares what they think

There is a euphemism that hunters have: "Filling the freezer." It is not a figure of speech, an understatement, or hyperbole.
Most anyone that hunts will have a large capacity chest freezer in their garage.

easily remedied by giving it a soak before cooking

This is why you gotta get hunting buddies. I still have frozen moose from when my father went hunting shortly after we moved into this house years ago.

The goulash is fucking great but oh my god, it really is a ton.

>how long does the meat last
That's the wrong question to ask. The right question to ask is how does the humidity and temperature affect the meat and how much rancidity can your palate take?

>t. fedora
really cool opinion

Wrap it in saran wrap then in wax paper. Its good for years.

Alternatively, vacuum seal will make it last nearly a decade, possibly even more.

I have 5.

What would you do if the power takes a shit? Do you have backup generators at the ready?