Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition!

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition!

THREAD 2!!!!

The theme is announced on the 1st of every month, and submissions are welcome up until the 23rd.
After that the voting/rating thread goes up and everyone is welcome to vote on the submitted dishes.

VOTING GUIDELINES

Voting follows an 'Iron Chef' style scoring system. This means you, the people of Veeky Forums, will judge each entry individually instead of deciding on what you feel is the "best" dish.

We will have two modes of voting:
Casual votes: Vote for as few or as many submissions as you like. Votes will not be tallied and purely for contestants to know how they are doing.
Competitive votes: To submit a competitive vote, you must vote for EVERY submission. These votes will be counted and the winner announced.

Dishes are scored out of a total 20 points, based on 4 categories (worth a maximum of 5 points each); Presentation, Originality, Appeal and Challenge Goals. You may award 0's if you feel the contestant did not meet your expectations for a category.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

Copypasta Scoring Format for Lazymodo

Presentation: /5
Originality: /5
Appeal: /5
Challenge Goals: /5
Total: /20

THEME SELECTION

We'll let YOU, the people, decide!
Feel free to suggest themes that you think will be interesting and accessible to everyone.
5 of the suggested themes will be put into a poll at the start of the next month and everyone can vote for what they would like to see in the subsequent month.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0
pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
i.imgur.com/wqE7hys.jpg
i.imgur.com/qmj9lnL.jpg
i.imgur.com/9zYnUbu.jpg
lomioeslacocina.com/index.php/2015/09/09/sauteed-chicken-chardonnay/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NO CHEATING ALLOWED

The theme of March is...... EGGS!!!!!!

[Description]

While you're perfectly welcome to make a large spread of food, please make sure there is clearly a "main dish" because that is what people will be voting on.

BONUS CONTENT COURTESY OF WEBMFAG AND user:

Introduction video explaining the challenge for you newbs: youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0

Photography guide:
Text version - pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
Vertical version - i.imgur.com/wqE7hys.jpg

How to make webm: i.imgur.com/qmj9lnL.jpg

How to make verticals vertical: i.imgur.com/9zYnUbu.jpg

Last but not least: Do not feed the trolls. Let's focus on the food and MAKE Veeky Forums GREAT AGAIN!!!!

PS. thx mod

ALSO, CHEATING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED

I actually would like to participate, but I'm still reserving judgement after the last thread went all trolls and bait. I'll probably make something anyway, but not until next week when I have time.

will be reposting submissions from last thread now

> there was Monterrey jack cheese inside, also used a bit of baking powder and whipping cream to make it more fluffy (recipe asked for it)

>Gouda cheese omelette.

I look forward to your submission

>eggs over toast with mushrooms

>It's basically a frittata. Chicken breast, tomatoes, spinach, red bell peppers, mozzarella cheese, egg of course

>I'll get this party started with my fettuccine carbonara. The noodles are homemade.

>timestamp and identifier

>Grilled vietnamese Chorizo
scrambled eggs (creme fraiche added)
bread crumbs topping (lime, red pepper, salt)
on dark toast

by the same guy

>Japanese style omelette with teriyaki caramelised carrots, red pepper, served in a kiwano

>it's literally melting inside, also added creme fraiche

Cheater detected. There is no such thing as Vietnamese chorizo

>chicken chardonnay

he's probably referring to a cured chinese sausage called lap cheong that is used regularly in asian cuisine

Ok so no disqualification, just a stern warning

thank officer it wont happen again

What? I just posted that in the last thread

That thread reached bump limit, so making a new thread while I have time. Shit takes a while

Nice quads though

Superb digits m'lady

Nice quads. My presentation is going to be total garbage because its all sorts of fucked up and I can't be assed to fix anything but rest assured there is at least 8 eggs involved in this crap.

Post feet

ffs, don't be such a creep.

ya know what? Next one I'll get more pictures. This time since I had to redo stuff I got lazy as fuck with the pictures and also should have used my phone for a lot of it. Here.

Theres 10 eggs total involved. The only tools I used were a pan and a fork. Get at me. Sorry I dropped the ball ;_;

choux, pastry cream that I didn't cook all the way and whipped cream that I beat to fuck with a fork in a Czechoslovakian mess kit.

Theres even added delicious burned crap from camping adventures.

Is that a shitty breadbowl filled with jizz and a lump of smegma on top?

you bet bby ;)

what should I make?

soufle because pour la France

That video gave me a rare combination of tropical cancer and zika

I think that the main reason this looks gross is the greyness of the whipped cream against the yellow pastry cream. Maybe whip in some strawberry jam or something else to colour?

Solid effort, low appeal.

I whipped it with a fork in a fucking mess kit. What do you want from me?

Well, I think I've figured out what to make, but won't be able to do it until my next day off, which is next week. Eggs can be so many different dishes, this was not easy to nail down.

Just buy food to go from cheesecake factory and plate it up and pretend you made it yourself

My second one came out looking better but gave me diarrhea, gonna change the recipe

that food must be the most fattening place ever but don't think they do egg dishes

we reddit now

>those mushrooms

Kek I think I talked you into buying that a long time ago. That's my favorite thing there

so... it's any dish now? not eggs?

Which of these dishes isn't an egg dish?

Oh no, did you believe me when I told you you had to have 100% egg? I was only trolling you, man.

you may very well have

this is the other thing that I bought finishing off my 50$ gift card

well then. my bad lmao

That looks delicious - the peppercorns (?) are so dainty and christmassy. Don't forget you need a timestamp and identifier for a real entry,

Taken from lomioeslacocina.com/index.php/2015/09/09/sauteed-chicken-chardonnay/
(Posted on 09/09/2015)

Your tropics have cancer? Are you a planet or something?

Whipped it a bit too much, heat it up.

Check out these tasty eggs I just cooked.

Microwave poached eggs served on freshly defrosted whole meal toast covered in vegemite. Served with seeded mustard mayonnaise and a dollop of sweet chili sauce.

Quite yummy if I say so myself.

>you know it's done when it sticks to the wall

>vegemite and mustard and chili sauce

Let me guess. Smoker? Tongue cancer? Severe brain damage to gustatory cortex?

reverse image search shit before you post it newfag

How can we trust this "Borneo" after the fiasco of the last thread?
Plus she's proven to be exceptionally incompetent, ruining the integrity of the competition before it even got started.

It's a shame that women can't be trusted to do the simplest of things and have to spoil everything for others. Her reputation here is finished as far as I'm concerned.

As I JUST posted she's the very definition of incompetence. It's quite pathetic to be honest I almost feel sorry for her.

you posted after i posted retard

lrn2timestamp

Yes, and the tumor has begun to metastasize around my midsection, in the tropical region where i get a bit sweaty in the summer. Thanks to this video. Im not sure if the Zika is included yet but there is a strong correlation.

I don't see anything wrong with these flavours together, they compliment each other well.
Maybe you should experiment a little instead of sitting inside your safety bubble spewing viritol at strangers.

What even was the point of having an egg amongst that mad cocktail of salt and salt. Could you taste it at all?

I didn't allude to my post being either before or after yours you stupid cunt

so is being a chef.. cheating too?

It goes without saying but this isn't me

Secret garnish ingredient!

Entry to be posted momentarily. Took this round super casual because it gave me a chance to to some things I've been wanting to try for a while. First, salt curing egg yolk (pic related). This one was completed in about 36 hours; image is the yolk brushed and washed of the excess salt. I'll have to do this more in the future, came out tasting great. Second, was creating hash brown baskets for eggs, which you will see momentarily. What I could have done better, is drying the grated potatoes of excess moisture, and lower the oven temperature from 475 to 450 for the bowl creation process. Not bad, but not great.

Egg Hash Cup with Bacon, Goat Cheese, Spinach and Red Bell.

If there's enough demand I'll make a vertical, but I really ain't feelin' right now.

Looks garbage I'd rather eat my own feaces. 0/10 across the board

Thanks for the input. I'll take that advise to heart. Kisses!

WHO IS REAL?

I like it!!

Im just gonna use my trip for this because im an established trip from /k/.

Anyways, OP. Veeky Forums is a board that has a high amount of reddit, 9fag, ebaums, something awful, whoever whatever doesnt matter its mostly crossposting. This is a meta board of Veeky Forums in that most people post here to get (you)s and views. Its less about the content and more about the memes. Think /tv/ but less Veeky Forums culture related. This isn't working so well because its not an environment that really welcomes it anymore.

[spoiler]also fuck you my creampuffs are the eggest entry here.[/spoiler]

Looks breddy gud

Thanks. Had a few notions for the dish. One, was to create it like the entry I posted. two, was completely mix the bacon, red bell, and spinach with the goat cheese to create a filling instead of using the components separate, then use a smaller cup cake tray to make them bite sized and substitute chicken eggs for quail eggs. Too much running around this weekend to do the latter, but I may attempt it down the line.

Fried bacon in butter, then scrambled eggs in the baconfats, spread homemade refried beans and salsa on a tortilla, toasted corn tortilla, eggs then half the bacon on the tortilla, then the corn chip, then hella chedder, then more bacon, then meunster, then I fried the whole thing in butter. The better butter crunchwrap.

>Veeky Forums has memes
When was the last time you blasted techno?

Sounds good, if a bit fat and buttery.

needs a cross-section photo

My entry.
Don't bother reverse image searching, it's original.

timestamp plz

Avocado egg and toast

how the fuck do you cook that egg in the avocado? reveal me your sorcery tricks.

You bake it, duffus.
This aint black magic.

what country are you from? I've never seen yolkks that color befrere

allo, i hail from Grövelsjön
dess mycket trevligt att träffa dig
my inglish is a being very tiny
BUT OUR EGG ARE SURPEME

Post bird.

>hot avocado

>high carb high fat
fats get off my board

>will be reposting submissions from last thread now
Think we need to see identifiers and timestamps for obvious reasons,
but I like where this is headed.
I fucked up and posted my shit in the last thread after bump limit; didn't see the new thread. It was a pretty shit attempt, just wanted to add content. Looks like there's a few more submissions so it wasn't needed, which is a good thing!

This competition has been going on for 5+ years, newfriend.

>newfriend
He's an established poster, can't you read?

Kek

>THEME SELECTION

>We'll let YOU, the people, decide!

I appreciate that, but I'm not seeing anyone suggesting anything. Maybe re-use themes for a few months until it takes off?
I don't really feel like suggesting things because they would all be things I'm very confident with.
Ribs, Cajun, not eggs, not vegetarian, American Italian, Chili, um ... yeah. I really like to make mock pic related. Maybe a category for that. Maybe fast food (think that was done for one of these) crossover with canned (tinned) garbage food?
To me, that is fun and a challenge. I'm kinda over the plating/presentation aspect, but understand why it's necessary here. That's just me though.
Cheers

How about a theme were you fucking kill yourself retarded faggot

it's a work in progress, I've got a few ideas as well and will chuck em in the poll to see waht people like

casual participants can skip the identifier and timestamp, we've only one official competitor so far

could you repost your full pics in this thread?

there's still a number of people here who enjoy cooking, I do this for them

for everyone else, they have their own threads

interesting take, how does heat affect the avocado?

looks amazing nack, if you ever do a vertical i'll have a go at it

My pics are coming out too large for the chan.
If I upload them to Imgur with timestamps is that okay?

You can open them up in MSpaint, then resize with ctrl+T

(my internet is a bit slow so id appreciate smaller file sizes too)

>we've only one official competitor so far
I thought there were more

There was knack and eyepatch (now racer x).

Thanks,
FWIW I will use an identifier pic in all posts I make. Well, after this one.

oh my bad theres nack and and now good looking fried rice btw

yeah it's grand, innit?!?

I'm literally shaking. why wont anyone LISTEN