Do pickles really belong on a decent hamburger?

Do pickles really belong on a decent hamburger?

I tiny bite of pickle has such a strong and over powering flavor, it tastes the same as a jar of pickle......pic related

yes

Yes

if it doesn't have pickles it's not a sandwich

I'm really blown away by these amazing and detailed responses, thanks guys. There is a reason this is my favorite subredit

Ask yes no questions, recieve yes no answers.

>I tiny bite
You tiny bite

Either pickles or red onion for a nice crunch and some acidity is always nice.

I'll admit it, I was a pickle hater in my youth, but since changing to the quarter pounder with cheese I finally realised its purpose.

It took a while getting used to but I love that sour strangeness in the middle of cheese and beef. Its literally compliments the condiments. Would recommend, lacks beans.

Sweet relish over pickles

I'm totally down with red onions or yellow (not a fan of white on my bargers)

Pickles are probably one of the few vegetables that belong on a burger, aside from maybe onions. Though strong in flavor, they are small in size, allowing the majority of one's bite to be dominated by meat, but letting one's palette receive a multitude of flavors.

>Pickles are probably one of the few vegetables that belong on a burger, aside from maybe onions.

My nigger. Never have understood the fetish of ruining a burger with a salad of lettuce and tomato.

On the side, please

Only people who "like" pickles on their burgers are fucking obese trough feeder fat assess who try to justify their poor eating habits by putting a tiny vegetable on their slop of calories

fucking die all you pickle eating whores

Just use relish, it spreads out for each bite better
And try to replicate the flavor crystal effect of white castle onions
Plus a dash of mustard is all that should go on a cheeseburger

It's okay, but I'd prefer pickles as a side

LTOP is must if I'm having a standard burger. Pickles are great. The last time I ordered without pickles, onions, or tomato I was still a child with shit taste in food.

fuck you and your faggot relish

Itty bitty baby
Itty bitty bite

I don't believe it

HABEEB IT!

twinkie house

Wtf? No one eats relish on a burger, you fagfuck. Christ, were you home schooled by evangelicals?

It's literally cut up pickles and tons of ppl do it you spergs

I prefer pickles on the side cut into spears, or on my hamburger with as a touch of relish. Often times I'd find crinkle cut chips to over power the experience, rather than enhance.

The acidity is often needed to counter the grease from the meat.

Who here /pickledredoninons/ master race? Jar 'em up with some white wine vinegar.

Pickles, sliced onions and mustard are the way

I don't trust people that don't like pickles in their burgers.

I use banana peppers instead. I think pickles are too overpowering and i'm not a huge fan of them anyway. My favorite topings for a burger is bacon on the bottom, then a mix of banana peppers, red onions, and white onions, topped with a little bit of lettuce. Then whatever sauce I want, mostly ketchup on the top and bbq sauce on the bottom. Oh and usually I use butter spray on buns and toast the buns.

A little goes a long way. That's why Chick-fil-a, inventors of the chicken sandwich, use only two pickle slices on their sandwiches.

Yes, pickles cut through the fat of the fatty cheese and meat heart attack bomb.

The reason they put pickles on it is alone the fatty fried chicken on a roll will fucking gross you out with how greasy it is.
Pickles have the right combination of sweet and sour that will cut through that fat and make it much more palatable.

For more on this effect, try making whipped cream without any sugar and see if you can make it past a few spoonfuls.

Now add a little sugar to the cream while whipping and maybe even a little flavour like vanilla and see how much you can eat. (Try not to polish off the whole bowl)

Now for an even better effect add some strawberries and see how the whole sweet, sour, fatty effect takes over when you can literally eat very little of any of those seperately.

t. diabetes baby

Joke's on you, I used to hate pickles and I thought their sandwiches were delicious without them, too!

Yeah, but how many could you eat without puking?

I've only ever eaten two by choice, but I'm sure I could do more. Maybe this just isn't the best example of your point, or I'm a freak of nature. I see what you mean about pure whipped cream though, you really don't even want to eat more after the first few spoonfuls.

i personally dont really care for pickles on my burger, but i need a pickle spear on my plate.

Pickles add an acidic element to your food.

I think/ck/ might have the most old fags of any board becasue no fucking way anyone on vee would get this shit.

Those memes are old and rotting. Put 'em in the trash.

Picc's are good for hamburgers, but the key is that you need something with a bit of tang to make things interesting. If you don't like it because you're a food wuss then use something else, like sweet onion sauce.

Kill your family and then yourself

I wouldn't put them on a burger I made personally because I want to taste the meat, mo homo.

They are essential on fast food burguesas though.

Literally no one thinks like this.

I only eat the pickle on McD-burgers

I agree, I have no problem with pickles of the burger but I would prefer to have a large pickle spear